Yamaha MW8CX USB Mixer
Yamaha MW8CX USB MixerDetails
The new MW USB Mixing Studio series mixers give you everything you need to turn your computer system into a complete, full- featured, high-performance home recording studio
Product Ref: 13003View Full Description
Spend another £7.00 to buy on finance Finance from £6.82 per month
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
If you have a computer -laptop or desktop, Windows? or Macintosh? -and you want to make music with it, we've got the setup for you. The new MW USB Mixing Studio series mixers give you everything you need to turn your computer system into a complete, full- featured, high-performance home recording studio.
The new MW uses a single cable USB connection to interface with your computer, for bi-directional audio data transfer. It gives you comprehensive signal input and mixing features in a compact size. It also includes the powerful Cubase AI4 music production software, allowing you to capture your performances, embellish and enhance them with plug-in synths and effects, and mix them down to stereo. In other words, the MW gives you all the elements of a recording system, one that is remarkably easy to set up and operate.
Single USB Connection, Instant Studio
With Yamaha's new MW10C and MW8CX USB Mixing Studio mixers, making great music is easier than ever before. Combined with the powerful Cubase AI4 audio/MIDI sequencing software, the new MW series provides a comprehensive tabletop studio setup for the solo recording musician and for the travelling producer/arranger. Connect the new MW to a USB terminal on your laptop or desktop computer, and you've got an instant, high-quality audio recording studio at your command. The MW delivers true plug-and-play USB audio input/output interfacing-without the need for special software drivers-and lets you easily record mono inputs or two- track stereo mixes of multiple sources to your computer.
Flexible 8-Channel and 10-Channel Configurations
The MW8CX gives you a total of eight inputs, including four ultra-low-noise mic preamps. The MW10C gives you an additional stereo channel for a total of ten inputs. The high-performance balanced microphone inputs also have a phantom power switch, allowing you to take advantage of the superior sonic quality of professional-level condenser microphones.
Easy-To-Use 1-Knob Compression
Compression-the taming of wildly varying levels in vocals, bass and guitar-is one of the most important effects used in recording and mixing. It is also one of the most subtle and difficult to use. Not with the new MW series mixers, however. The innovative 1-knob analog compressor (on the mono input channels) lets you dial in just the amount of compression you need in recording, without having to set multiple parameters like threshold, ratio and makeup gain. One knob does it all for you-instantly giving you great, punchy sound.
This convenient feature gives you simple control over the balance between the signals being recorded and the playback signals being monitored. This is particularly helpful when recording several sources at the same time, letting you use a single knob to adjust the balance of the playback and recording signals for monitoring purposes. Naturally, this doesn't affect the recording level; it simply allows you to control what you want to hear.
Easy-Access Panel and High-Quality Parts
Top-mounted input and output connectors make setting up and re-patching your system quick and easy. Both models feature high-quality NeutrikTM balanced XLR connectors for the microphone inputs. Long-throw, smooth-action faders give you precise and tactile control over signal levels. The mixer also has a bright and large 12-segment LED meter for visual signal indication.
Channel on Switches
Dedicated On switches for each channel let you enable or disable (mute) individual input channels as desired, while the lamps on the switches give you instant visual indication about which channels are on.
Built-In SPX Effects
For those who like the convenience of having signal processing right inside the mixer, the MW8CX and MW12CX incorporate a versatile digital multi-effect unit that provides a variety of reverb, delay, modulation, and distortion programs you can use to enhance your sound, or completely transform it-without the need for an external device. Each of the 16 effect programs has a number of editable parameters as well as effect on/off switching capability and return level control. If you need to keep both hands free to play an instrument or perform other operations, an optional footswitch can be connected to the mixer's effect footswitch jack for convenient on/off switching.
- Neutrik Connectors
- 1 knob Analog Compressors - Easy to make punchy sounds
- USB Connection to Mac/PC - No driver installation, ASIO DirectKS Driver available on website
- USB Audio I/O Sampling Frequency 44.1, 48 kHz, Depend on the application of PC
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD+N) Less Than 0.1 , +14dBu, 20Hz-20kHz, Input Gain Control at minimum
- LED Level Meter Red LED turns on when post EQ (ST CH or post Mic HA) signal reaches -3dB below clipping (17dBu).
- Sampling Frequency Rate: 44.1, 48 kHz, Depend on the application of PC- Frequency Response: ST OUT, REC OUT, AUX (EFFECT) SEND, MONITOR OUT = -3.0, 0, 1.0 dB, GAIN: min(CH 1-2, CH 3/4-5/6), 20Hz-20kHz, refer to the nominal output level @1kHz - Total Harmonic Distortion: ST OUT = Less Than 0.1 %, +14dBu, 20Hz-20kHz, Input Gain Control at minimum - Cross Talk: -70 dB, STEREO L/R, CH 1-2, PAN panned Hard left or right. - CH EQ: High = 10 kHz shelving (CH 1-2, CH 3/4-5/6) Mid = 2.5 kHz peaking (CH 1-2, CH 3/4-5/6) Low = 100 Hz shelving (CH 1-2, CH 3/4-5/6) High = 100 Hz shelving (CH 1-2, CH 3/4-5/6) Low = 100 Hz shelving (CH 7/8, CH 9/10) +15,-15dB maximum.Turn over/roll-off frequency of shelving:3dB blow maximum variable level. - **High Pass Filter: CH 1-2 and CH 3/4-5/6, 80Hz, 12dB/oct Connectivity:
- Headphones: PHONES(Stereo phone type)- Microphone: CH INPUT MIC 1,2(XLR-3-31 type),ST CH MIC INPUT 3-4,5-6(XLR-3-31 type) - Line Out: REC OUT(RCA pin type),STEREO OUT L,R(TRS phone type) - Optical Out: No - USB To Host: Yes - DC IN: DC IN - Foot Switch: FOOT SW - Aux In: CH INSERT IN(TRS phone type),RETURN L,R(Phone type) - Aux Out: EFFECT SEND(TRS phone type) - Monitor OUT: MONITOR OUT L,R(TRS phone type) - Others: CH INPUT LINE 1,2(TRS phone type),ST CH LINE INPUT 3/4,5/6(Phone type),ST CH INPUT 7/8(Phone type/RCA pin type),2TR IN(RCA pin type) Power Supply:
- Power Consumption: 21W- Phantom Power: DC+48 V System Requirements:
Windows:- CPU: Windows Vista = 1 GHz or better Intel Core / Pentium / Celeron processor,Windows XP = 750 MHz or better Intel Core / Pentium / Celeron processor - Support OS: Windows Vista / Windows XP Professional / XP Home Edition - Memory: Windows Vista = 1 GHz or better Intel Core / Pentium / Celeron processor,Windows XP = More than 128 MB
Macintosh:- CPU: Macintosh G3 processor 300 MHz or better - Support OS: Mac OS X 10.3.3 or higher - Memory: More than 128 MB Size/Weight:
- Width: 256.6mm- Height: 62.2mm - Depth: 302.5mm - Weight: 1.7kg
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.