API 512C Mic/Line Preamplifier
API 512C Mic/Line PreamplifierDetails
Product Ref: 61723View Full Description
Buy on finance from £25.37 per month Finance from £25.37 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The API 500 Series
The API 500 Series focuses on high sound quality and long-term, flexible value. With its versatile range of mounting frame options, the 512c is interchangeable between rigs, making it ideal for rigs and studio use. With its rugged, portable design and high quality components this unit will be a keystone in your studio setup for time to come.
A Brief History Of API
In 1968, The company "Automated Processes Inc." was formed. Best known for their now legendary "2520 amplifier", this unique amp has been and will continue to be the heart of all API discrete products. It continues to provide reliability and sonic purity unmatched by the competition. The resulting console met the needs of the music, commercial and broadcast industry.API became the leading audio broadcast console manufacturer for radio and television networks and high profile stations. In addition, recording studios, large and small, began using API and receiving rave reviews from engineers and producers. There are over 700 API consoles across the nation and around the world, including the three major networks. Over thirty years later, many of these consoles are still in daily use in some of the most prestigious recording and broadcast facilities in the world because, to date, there are few, if any consoles of equal sound quality at a cost-effective price.
- Mic Preamp with 65dB of gain
- Front and Back Panel Mic Input Access
- Line/Instrument Preamp with 50dB of gain
- Front and Back Panel Line/Instrument Input
- LED VU meter for monitoring output level
- 20dB pad switch, applies to mic/line/instrument
- 48v Phantom switchable power
- Traditional API fully discrete circuit design
- Uses the famous API 2520 Op-amplifier
- Rear Connector: Output on edge connector, MIC Input on edge connector, can be defeated
- Front Connectors: XLR MIC Input, HI-Z 1/4" Unbal Input
- Gain Range: MIC: 34dB to 65dB (14dB to 45dB w/PAD). HI-Z: 14dB to 45dB (-6dB to 25dB w/PAD)
- Maximum Input Levels: MIC, +8 dBu, Unbal HI-Z Input, +36 dBu
- Input Impedance: MIC Input, 1500 Ohms (150 Ohm mic), HI-Z Unbal Input, 400 K Ohms (20 K Ohms with pad)
- Output Impedance: Less than 75 Ohms, Transformer Balanced
- Clipping Level: +30 dBu
- Frequency Response: +0, -.3, 30 to 20 kHz
- Noise: Equivalent Input Noise: -129, Mic In. -125, Un-Balanced In. / Actual Metered Noise: Mic, -95 dBu, Un-Bal., -90 dBu
- Distortion: Less than .05 @ +4 Out, Less than .1 @ +28 Out
- Power Consumption: ±12/18 Volts/DC, @40 ma.
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 3 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 3 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.