Universal Audio 6176 Vintage Channel Strip
Universal Audio 6176 Vintage Channel StripDetails
Product Ref: 32877View Full Description
Buy on finance from £62.54 per month Finance from £62.54 per month
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Combining the wonderful all-tube sounds of the legendary Bill Putnam-designed 610 microphone preamp with the signature FET compression of Universal Audio's 1176LN, the 6176 Vintage Channel Strip is a fantastic package of warm, smooth tones in a great mic preamp design. Having been employed to record everyone from Frank Sinatra to Van Halen I, the unique characteristics of the compressor, have made this a preamp for professional studios.
The 6176 boasts easy controls has become a choice amongst heavyweights like Vance Powell and Joe Chiccarelli, artists including Chris Martin of Coldplay, Norah Jones, Wyclef Jean, and James Mercer of The Shins. Use the simple switch to "Split" or "Join the preamp.
2-610 Microphone and Instrument Preamplifier
This channel strip features the 2-610 microphone and instrument preamplifier, called by Michael Cooper (Mix Magazine) "hands-down, the most dimensional mic preamp I've ever heard". The engineer/producer Peter Wade, who has worked with acts ranging from Wyclef Jean to Jennifer Lopez, said simply, "This box rocks." The 6176's mic preamp sections maintains the quality and character of the 2-610 while adding high-tension power regulation for improved bass response and a front-panel 15db pad switch.
"All the vocals on the Adele tracks I produced were recorded through the Universal Audio 6176, so you can credit Adele's bright and crystal-clear, dulcet tones to the UA preamp and compressor."
Paul Epworth - Producer of the Year 2012 (Adele, Foster the People)
"If I could only have one piece of gear, I would choose the 6176 hands down. I NEED it."
Matt Appleton - Foxy Shazam
"The 6176 is my favorite for getting big warm tones from bowed cello and bass, as well as clean guitar textures."
Charlie Clouser - NIN, "Saw" Soundtracks
- All-tube mic preamp section derived from legendary Bill Putnam-designed 610 modular console
- Signature 1176LN Class A FET compressor section - heard on countless hit records for more than 30 years
- "Split" or "Join" switch allows separate or series operation of the preamp and compressor
- High and Low frequency shelving EQ
- Variable impedance Input, Gain, and Output levels
- Mic, balanced Line, and Hi-Z inputs
- Ultra-quiet operation
- Stereo interconnection via 1176-SA
- Microphone Input Impedance: Selectable, 500 (ohms) or 2k
- Balanced Line Input Impedance: 20k
- Hi-Z Input Impedance: Selectable between 2.2 M or 47 k
- Maximum Microphone Input Level: +18 dBu (2k input impedance and 15 dB Pad in)
- Maximum Output Level: +20 dBm
- Internal Output Impedance: 80
- Recommended Minimum Load: 600
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz +0, -1 dB
- Maximum Gain: 65 dB (500 input impedance)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: > 90 dB (@ maximum gain)
- Input Impedance: Selectable, 15k (ohms) or 600
- Output Load Impedance: 600 (floating)
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz ± 1 dB
- Gain: 40 dB, ± 1 dB
- Distortion: > 0.5 T.H.D. from 50 Hz - 15 kHz with limiting, at 1.1 seconds release setting. Output of +22 dBm with no greater than 0.5 T.H.D.
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: > 75 dB
- Attack Time: Adjustable, from 20 to 800 milliseconds
- Release Time: Adjustable, from 50 milliseconds to 1.1 seconds
- Stereo Interconnection: Optional, using 1176SA stereo interconnect accessory
- Tube Complement: (1) 12AX7A, (1) 12AT7A
- Power Requirements: 115V/230V
- Power Connector: Detachable IEC power cable.
- Fuse: 400 mA time delay (slow blow) / 115 V 200 mA time delay (slow blow) / 230 V
- Power Indicator Light: 28 V bulb (type 1819)
- Width: 19"
- Height: 3.5"
- Depth: 12.25" (Two Rack Unit)
- Weight: 5.44 Kg
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.