Akai MPC Live
Akai MPC LiveDetails
Product Ref: 84070View Full Description
Buy on finance from £26.46 per month Finance from £26.46 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Standalone Production Unit
The MPC Live provides you with a wide range of versatile controls, configured in an ergonomic layout to improve your workflow. The 16 ultra-responsive velocity-sensitive pads are backlit with RGB lights, perfect for performing in low-light environments. As well as being an all-in-one production unit, the MPC Live is also perfect for live performances. The bright and intuitive 7" full-colour, multi-touch screen, provides you with all the information you need on your controls, parameters and levels. At the heart of the MPC Live is the MPC Software 2.0. The MPC Sampler features 16 RGB backlit pads and four touch-capacitive Q-Link controls provide you with all the control you need for complex live performances, allowing you to store and trigger sample banks at the touch of a button, seamlessly switching between songs, rhythms and more. The standalone production unit also features a 2-in/2-out MIDI interface, allowing you to connect MIDI compatible sound modules, drum machines and controllers directly to the MPC Live for unparalleled MIDI sequencing capabilities.
Classic Design Meets Modern Innovation
The Akai MPC Live brings the classic MPC design into the modern-era with its standalone design featuring 16GB of on-board storage and a 7-inch full-colour multi-touch screen. The standalone design means no computer is required to operate the MPC Live. Combine this with its lightweight construction (5.5lbs), and the MPC Live is one of the most portable MPCs to date. The MPC Live production unit boasts multicore processing technology as well as 2GB of on-board RAM, allowing you to create rhythms and melodies with ease. The MPC is revered in the music industry for being one of the most prominent production units on the planet, revolutionising the production techniques of early producers. One of the most noteworthy features of the MPC is its ability to sample records and other sources, allowing you to chop and re-arrange samples with ease. With this in mind, Akai have incorporated an RCA input with ground peg and stereo balanced ¼-inch jack for sampling straight from vinyl.
The ergonomic layout of the MPC Live makes it ideal for both studio sessions and live performances, while the intuitive touch-screen display allows you to easily access and navigate through sound content, music banks and file information. The internal, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, provides you with more than enough power for portable use, allowing you to setup and create wherever you go. The seamless integration means you can adapt to any situation, from connecting MIDI controllers and sound modules to connecting to your favourite DAW, to control your favourite VSTs and more. MPC Live features a wide range of controls and parameters including a built-in step sequencer, editable waveforms, live time-stretching, sampling, and sequencing. You can also apply XY FX in real-time and use the MPC Live as a control surface for the MPC 2.0 software. Also included is a range of versatile connectivity from analog to digital including 6 configurable ¼-inch balanced jack outputs, a 1/8’’ headphone output, 2 pairs of full-sized MIDI inputs and outputs as well as an SD Card slot for loading samples and projects. 2 USB-A 3.0 connections are including for flash drives and MIDI controllers and the 2.5-inch SATA drive connector allows you to expand your memory with an SSD or HDD for added flexibility.
MPC 2.0 Software
At the heart of the new MPC is the MPC 2.0 Software, driving both the MPC X and MPC Live in standalone and controller modes. The MPC 2.0 Software features a range of improvements and cut-edge production tools including the production suite that combines the 128-track sequencing capabilities as well as real-time time stretching. Other useful features include clip-launch functionality and advanced MIDI edit capabilities for added control. Clip Programs within the MPC 2.0 Software is armed with a unique real-time time-stretching/pitch shifting algorithm with a range of useful tools including automatic BPM detection, Toggle/On Shot launch modes, loop-specific RGB pad colour configurations and more. The lip launching functionality will refine your workflow and unleash your creativity. The MPC 2.0 Software also provides you with up to 8 studio-grade resolution audio tracks in standalone mode or 128 tracks in controller mode.
- Standalone MPC – no computer required natively powered by MPC 2.0 Software
- 7-inch full-colour multi-touch display
- Also acts as a control surface for MPC 2.0 software, compatible with Mac & PC
- Internal, rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Selectable inputs: Turntable (RCA) with ground peg and stereo balanced ¼-inch jack
- 6 configurable ¼” balanced jack outputs
- 1/8” headphone output
- 2 pairs of full-size MIDI inputs and outputs
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of premium sound content included from leading sound designers including CR2, TOOLROOM, Loopmasters, Capsun Pro Audio, and more)
- User-expandable 2.5” SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD)
- 2 USB-A 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
- SD Card slot for loading samples and projects
- Music production suite featuring native operation on MPC X and MPC Live in standalone mode
- Compatible with Mac & PC - Works alone as your main DAW or seamlessly with your current DAWas a VST, AAX or AU plugin; available with MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Touch and MPC Studio Black
- 128-track sequencing capability and up to eight pad banks
- 6 MPC program modes
- Capture, edit and mix up to 8 audio tracks in standalone mode, expandable up to 128 tracks incontroller mode
- Real-time time-stretching & pitch-shifting – warp clips, samples and audio regions
- Audio / MIDI Drag and Drop functionality for seamless integration with industry standard DAWs
- Powerful AIR Hybrid 3 virtual instrument built-in
- Comprehensive suite of audio editing tools - Pointer, Eraser, Audition, Marquee, Scissors, Fade In, Fade Out, Reverse, Mute, Pitch Adjust and BPM Adjust
- MPC’s Industry-leading Sample Edit functionality - trim, chop and process your samples
- Support for AU/VST plugin instruments and effects - instant mapping and real-time adjustment of VST plugins in controller mode
- Global / Track automation – automate any effect, instrument or mixer parameter
- Reimagined mixer layout – resizable faders, an adaptive channel strip, a dedicated audio track editing window, resizable waveform view and more
- Advanced signal routing capability - submixes, FX returns, multi-output plugin support (up to 16 stereo outputs) and more
- New Clip Program mode powered by MPC’s real-time warping algorithm
- Enhanced Q-Link functionality for precision control mapping of MPCs editable functions
- XYFX control adds effects, adjusts sound dynamics in real time
- Phrase Looper, enables connection of any instrument to create loops
- Selectable hardware outputs for seamless assimilation into multiple usage scenarios
- Supports WAV, MP3, AIFF, REX and SND
- Supports samples and sequences from any MPC ever made•Full 64-bit support in all versions; standalone, VST and AU
- MPC Expansion browser allows quick access to installed expansion packs
- Comes with 17+GB of high-quality expansion content
- Contemporary drum kits covering genres including Trap, Future House, EDM, Techno and more
- “Essential Instruments” - A complete selection of built-in keygroup programs
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.