Akai MPC Live
Akai MPC LiveDetails
The next step in the legacy of an icon. The Akai MPC Live gives everyone the ability to make and develop music, all in a portable system. Encompassing the original concepts of the MPC, Akai have produced one of the most powerful production units in the world to date. From the creation of the drum beat to the final master of your track, it is all doable on the Akai MPC Live.
Your creativity should not just be tied to a desk. On your sofa at home, on a train, or on your lunch break at work, the portability of the MPC Live allows complete access to music wherever you go. Boasting a full colour 7-inch touch screen, 16GB of internal memory as standard, 2GB of on-board RAM and a host of connectivity options, this is truly one of the most powerful production units in the world.
Product Ref: 84070View Full Description
Buy on finance from £23.07 per month Finance from £23.07 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
The MPC is famed for it’s no-nonsense workflow. Found in the hands of artists such as Kanye West and John Mayer, the interface is designed specifically, to enhance your workflow. The addition of a 7-inch multi-touch screen means musical expression is literally a touch away. Combined with 16 of Akai’s class leading RGB drum pads (backlit, so they’re suitable for any environment) and four touch sensitive control knobs. These are all assignable to specific triggers, controls and even songs, allowing for seamless transitions with the touch of a button. These are the tools that turn the MPC from a machine into an instrument.
A Portable Powerhouse
Not only is the MPC Live crammed with high spec technology - it’s also available on the go. The onboard lithium ION battery can provide up to six hours of continuous use on one charge. It runs with the 2GB of built in RAM and 16GB on-board storage as standard. You get up to 256GB additional memory from external HDD or SSD hard drives via 2.5” SATA connector allowing you to have un-paralleled freedom in where you create music.
Wealth of Connectivity
Designed with producers and performers in mind, the possibilities in and outside of the studio are endless. If you’d like to use the MPC in the studio as a sampler, there are dedicated and grounded RCA inputs to accommodate turntables. There are also two additional ¼” balanced inputs for mixers, sythesizers, drum machines and other instruments.
Performing live, you can monitor your mixes via the dedicated headphone output. Two sets of classic 5-pin MIDI inputs and outputs mean you can trigger other modules you may have, or it can be used as a 1-in/1-out MIDI interface. Two USB 3.0 connections also support both thumb drives for additional samples and memory playback or MIDI controllers. The MPC not only integrates into your setup, it will become the centre point.
MPC 2.0.5 Software
The MPC 2.0.5 software comes with a vast array of cutting-edge production tools. Messy real-time pitch-shifting is no longer a problem with the new sampling algorithms for pitch-shifting and time-stretching. Further still, these samples can be individually mapped to one of the 16 pads, allowing you to independently pitch-shift and/or time-stretch.
Not only is the software accessible on the MPC Live, but also on a desktop or laptop when in controller mode. Expand your eight studio-grade audio tracks on the MPC Live up to 128 when in controller mode. Multi-track capture with multiple monitoring options or make use of the Punch In/Out recording feature. Which is perfect for creating samples like you would a classic analogue sample process.
MPC 2.0.5 helps to empower musicians, producers, and performers alike. This update has made Ableton and any other ‘Link’ enabled software even easier to connect as you can now sync your MPC via Wi-Fi. The built in Bluetooth 4.0 MIDI support also means linking Bluetooth controllers to trigger and control the hugely powerful MPC instruments and kits is easier than ever. Cross-collaboration has never been as simple as it has with the MPC.
- Standalone MPC – no computer required natively powered by MPC 2.0 Software
- 7-inch full-colour multi-touch display
- Also acts as a control surface for MPC 2.0 software, compatible with Mac & PC
- Internal, rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Selectable inputs: Turntable (RCA) with ground peg and stereo balanced ¼-inch jack
- 6 configurable ¼” balanced jack outputs
- 1/8” headphone output
- 2 pairs of full-size MIDI inputs and outputs
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of premium sound content included from leading sound designers including CR2, TOOLROOM, Loopmasters, Capsun Pro Audio, and more)
- User-expandable 2.5” SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD)
- 2 USB-A 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
- SD Card slot for loading samples and projects
- Music production suite featuring native operation on MPC X and MPC Live in standalone mode
- Compatible with Mac & PC - Works alone as your main DAW or seamlessly with your current DAWas a VST, AAX or AU plugin; available with MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Touch and MPC Studio Black
- 128-track sequencing capability and up to eight pad banks
- 6 MPC program modes
- Capture, edit and mix up to 8 audio tracks in standalone mode, expandable up to 128 tracks incontroller mode
- Real-time time-stretching & pitch-shifting – warp clips, samples and audio regions
- Audio / MIDI Drag and Drop functionality for seamless integration with industry standard DAWs
- Powerful AIR Hybrid 3 virtual instrument built-in
- Comprehensive suite of audio editing tools - Pointer, Eraser, Audition, Marquee, Scissors, Fade In, Fade Out, Reverse, Mute, Pitch Adjust and BPM Adjust
- MPC’s Industry-leading Sample Edit functionality - trim, chop and process your samples
- Support for AU/VST plugin instruments and effects - instant mapping and real-time adjustment of VST plugins in controller mode
- Global / Track automation – automate any effect, instrument or mixer parameter
- Reimagined mixer layout – resizable faders, an adaptive channel strip, a dedicated audio track editing window, resizable waveform view and more
- Advanced signal routing capability - submixes, FX returns, multi-output plugin support (up to 16 stereo outputs) and more
- New Clip Program mode powered by MPC’s real-time warping algorithm
- Enhanced Q-Link functionality for precision control mapping of MPCs editable functions
- XYFX control adds effects, adjusts sound dynamics in real time
- Phrase Looper, enables connection of any instrument to create loops
- Selectable hardware outputs for seamless assimilation into multiple usage scenarios
- Supports WAV, MP3, AIFF, REX and SND
- Supports samples and sequences from any MPC ever made•Full 64-bit support in all versions; standalone, VST and AU
- MPC Expansion browser allows quick access to installed expansion packs
- Comes with 17+GB of high-quality expansion content
- Contemporary drum kits covering genres including Trap, Future House, EDM, Techno and more
- “Essential Instruments” - A complete selection of built-in keygroup programs
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.