View Full Description
The MPC is famed for it’s no-nonsense workflow. Found in the hands of artists such as Kanye West and John Mayer, the interface is designed specifically, to enhance your workflow. The addition of a 7-inch multi-touch screen means musical expression is literally a touch away. Combined with 16 of Akai’s class leading RGB drum pads (backlit, so they’re suitable for any environment) and four touch sensitive control knobs. These are all assignable to specific triggers, controls and even songs, allowing for seamless transitions with the touch of a button. These are the tools that turn the MPC from a machine into an instrument.
A Portable Powerhouse
Not only is the MPC Live crammed with high spec technology - it’s also available on the go. The onboard lithium ION battery can provide up to six hours of continuous use on one charge. It runs with the 2GB of built in RAM and 16GB on-board storage as standard. You get up to 256GB additional memory from external HDD or SSD hard drives via 2.5” SATA connector allowing you to have un-paralleled freedom in where you create music.
Wealth of Connectivity
Designed with producers and performers in mind, the possibilities in and outside of the studio are endless. If you’d like to use the MPC in the studio as a sampler, there are dedicated and grounded RCA inputs to accommodate turntables. There are also two additional ¼” balanced inputs for mixers, sythesizers, drum machines and other instruments.
Performing live, you can monitor your mixes via the dedicated headphone output. Two sets of classic 5-pin MIDI inputs and outputs mean you can trigger other modules you may have, or it can be used as a 1-in/1-out MIDI interface. Two USB 3.0 connections also support both thumb drives for additional samples and memory playback or MIDI controllers. The MPC not only integrates into your setup, it will become the centre point.
New MPC 2.3 Software Features: Plugins and Effects
The new software update gives you three brand new synthesizer plugins built directly into the new update. The first synthesizer is Tubesynth. This is modelled after classic, analogue style synthesizers with multiple oscillators, waveforms, and envelopes, allowing you to really manipulate your tones. From vicious, Sawtooth lead lines, to soft pad style pulse waves. The AIR Bassline boasts a classic mono style sound, with four integrated effects, and two built-in distortions so you can get the solid foundation you need for any style. Finally, AIR Electric emulates a classic, 80s style electric piano. Each of these plugins come with a vast amount of controls and presets, allowing you to shape the sound in your head with ease.
The five built in AIR effects can also be used independent of the synthesizers. Add these effects to your drums, loops, bass line and develop your tones further. Use the Tube Distortion and Spring Reverb on your drums to get a large, ambient Trip Hop style drum beat. Or, you could use the Chorus, Tremolo, and Delay to create a layered, sub-style soundscape building to a heavy, distorted drop.
New MPC 2.3 Software Features: Auto-Sample
This update also offers the ability to sample your own favourite synthesizers. The new Auto-Sample feature will allow you to sample any synthesizer preset or VST Plugin preset and turn it into a keygroup program on the MPC. The ‘Auto-Sample’ feature offers a -C2 to G8 octave range and up to four velocity layers. So you can layer textures and build the song you want. You can also edit the note stride, note length, tail length, and loop time. Which means you can capture your chosen sounds accurately and without any kind of unwanted digital artefacts. Once these sounds have been captured, they can be saved into your MPC as a preset and integrated into your set.
New MPC 2.3 Software Features: Arpeggiator
Another layer of sound sculpting. The four modes built into the new arpeggiator makes it more than just your standard ‘Arpeggiator’. Arp mode covers the conventional arpeggiator, holding down a chord and a pattern will be played based upon the notes in the chord. A ‘Note Repeat’ option covers the standard MPC Note Repeat functionality, ‘Pattern’ allows you to hold down a single note, triggering a melodic phrase, which transposes as you change the note you hold. The ‘Rhythm’ mode once again lets you hold a note, which will then play in a rhythmic pattern. You can then adapt the Rhythm Pattern field which will change the rhythmic pattern in which the notes are played. Combined with the Spread field to move the timing of the held notes, you can create smooth, gliding effects all the way to jittery, staccato patterns.
- Standalone MPC – no computer required natively powered by MPC 2.0 Software
- 7-inch full-colour multi-touch display
- Also acts as a control surface for MPC 2.0 software, compatible with Mac & PC
- Internal, rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Selectable inputs: Turntable (RCA) with ground peg and stereo balanced ¼-inch jack
- 6 configurable ¼” balanced jack outputs
- 1/8” headphone output
- 2 pairs of full-size MIDI inputs and outputs
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of premium sound content included from leading sound designers including CR2, TOOLROOM, Loopmasters, Capsun Pro Audio, and more)
- User-expandable 2.5” SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD)
- 2 USB-A 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
- SD Card slot for loading samples and projects
- Music production suite featuring native operation on MPC X and MPC Live in standalone mode
- Compatible with Mac & PC - Works alone as your main DAW or seamlessly with your current DAWas a VST, AAX or AU plugin; available with MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Touch and MPC Studio Black
- 128-track sequencing capability and up to eight pad banks
- 6 MPC program modes
- Capture, edit and mix up to 8 audio tracks in standalone mode, expandable up to 128 tracks incontroller mode
- Real-time time-stretching & pitch-shifting – warp clips, samples and audio regions
- Audio / MIDI Drag and Drop functionality for seamless integration with industry standard DAWs
- Powerful AIR Hybrid 3 virtual instrument built-in
- Comprehensive suite of audio editing tools - Pointer, Eraser, Audition, Marquee, Scissors, Fade In, Fade Out, Reverse, Mute, Pitch Adjust and BPM Adjust
- MPC’s Industry-leading Sample Edit functionality - trim, chop and process your samples
- Support for AU/VST plugin instruments and effects - instant mapping and real-time adjustment of VST plugins in controller mode
- Global / Track automation – automate any effect, instrument or mixer parameter
- Reimagined mixer layout – resizable faders, an adaptive channel strip, a dedicated audio track editing window, resizable waveform view and more
- Advanced signal routing capability - submixes, FX returns, multi-output plugin support (up to 16 stereo outputs) and more
- New Clip Program mode powered by MPC’s real-time warping algorithm
- Enhanced Q-Link functionality for precision control mapping of MPCs editable functions
- XYFX control adds effects, adjusts sound dynamics in real time
- Phrase Looper, enables connection of any instrument to create loops
- Selectable hardware outputs for seamless assimilation into multiple usage scenarios
- Supports WAV, MP3, AIFF, REX and SND
- Supports samples and sequences from any MPC ever made•Full 64-bit support in all versions; standalone, VST and AU
- MPC Expansion browser allows quick access to installed expansion packs
- Comes with 17+GB of high-quality expansion content
- Contemporary drum kits covering genres including Trap, Future House, EDM, Techno and more
- “Essential Instruments” - A complete selection of built-in keygroup programs