Archer 3/4 Size Professional Double Bass by Gear4music
Product Ref: 11479
Archer 3/4 Size Professional Double Bass by Gear4musicDetails
The Archer Double Bass is a professional quality, fully hand carved 3/4 size double bass complete with hard case and bow. As a suitable double bass for beginners as well as the most advanced performers, this double bass is versatile instrument for rockabilly, jazz and orchestral playing alike. Featuring hardwood parts and sturdy metal tuning winders, this superior quality bass is made from select Canadian spruce, giving it a wonderful tone and projection.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
A New Precedent For The Low Price Double Bass
A professional grade instrument, crafted from select woods, the Archer ¾ double bass sets a new precedent for this price range with its beautiful sound and finish. The Archer craftsmen have selected Canadian spruce for the top of the bass with a fine and even grain, whilst the back is Canadian maple, chosen for its superior tone and resonant quality, as well as its beautiful deep flame. The ribs and scroll are also made using maple.
Suitable for many musicals genres including jazz, classical or rock n roll, this Archer double bass offers projection and clarity enough to produce a solid underpinning in ensemble pieces or solo performances.
Warm Versatile Tone With Projection & Depth Of Response
This Archer bass has a rich and deep tone, with plenty of projection and depth of response, and as such is the ideal instrument for the advancing or accomplished player giving them all the features they require from their chosen instrument. It plays like an instrument way above its price range and will reward any player with superior sound.
Hardwood and brass fittings are used throughout and the double bass is completed with a traditional burnt orange/brown finish with a deep flame back. This Archer bass comes complete with a high-quality, light weight Styrofoam hard case with wheels, so your instrument is proteced and portable.
This hand crafted instrument is the perfect choice for anyone requiring a premium quality double bass that provides a warm versatile tone suitable for a range of styles.
"For all styles we could come up with, we were pleasantly surprised by the tone of the bass...the plucked tone is warm and well balanced."
"The adjustable maple bridge and even a little sandpaper applied to the underside of its feet will allow you to set it to your exact tastes. It's equally convincing when bowed, with the just the right mix of rasp from the bow and depth from the spruce, and, all in all, we're impressed."
Music Radar - a leading online publication for musicians
- Body: Hand carved, Atelier built
- Top: Hand carved select Canadian spruce
- Back: Flamed select two-piece Canadian maple with matching ribs and scroll
- Finish: Hand applied oil in orange-brown with slight antiquing
- Bridge: Adjustable, Maple, 3 piece construction
- Neck: Maple with hardwood fingerboard
- Tuning Plate: Brass engraved with nickel winders
- Spike: Adjustable
- Type: German style, octagonal Brazilwood bow with horsehair
- Adjuster: Ebony with two nickel bands
- Lapping: Nickel silver with leather thumbpiece
- Frog: Fully mounted and lined round heel ebony with abalone pearl eye
- Tip: Bone
- Case: Canvas covered featherweight hard case with zips, straps and zippable sheet music pocket
- Bag: Lightweight Canvas Gig Bag
- Rosin: Yes
- Warranty: 1 Year
Archer String Instruments by Gear4musicThis range of string instruments was launched by Gear4Music.com in 2007 with a range of premium quality Violins, Cellos, Violas and Double Basses. Archer instruments by Gear4Music are built by carefully selected master craftsmen, who have many years of experience constructing top quality instruments. As a result all of our Archer instruments are built to precision and finished immaculately. By providing our team with the finest solid pieces of Canadian Spruce and Maple, we ensure that these instruments have a full bodied sound that you would expect of a premium quality instrument. All Archer instruments come as a package, which includes an instrument, bow, hard case and rosin. With all these items included, the performer can begin playing straight away. The Archer by Gear4Music instruments are renowned for their superior sound and offer the performer with a rich and responsive tone. They will reward any player with a timbre that will blend in to any orchestra or ensemble. Immaculate style and finishes provide the final flourish to these carefully crafted instruments. Archer strings will continue to raise the bar for both quality and price.
The product price includes a one year warranty and 28 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 4 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 28 days to 30 days (terms apply after 28 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 4 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 28 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
This offer excludes computer software, in-ear monitors that have been opened, and items supplied to your personal specification.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.