Archer 3/4 Size Professional Double Bass by Gear4music
Archer 3/4 Size Professional Double Bass by Gear4musicDetails
The Archer Double Bass is a professional quality, fully hand carved 3/4 size double bass complete with case and bow. As a suitable double bass for all players, especially the most advanced performers, this double bass is a versatile instrument for rockabilly, jazz and orchestral playing alike with its featured adjustable bridge. Featuring ebony parts and sturdy metal tuning winders, this superior quality bass is made from select Canadian spruce, giving it a huge and deep sound, perfect for orchestral and plucked playing.
Product Ref: 11479
- 3/4 Size Archer Double Bass
- Professionally Hand Carved Canadian Spruce + Maple
- Ebony Fittings + Antique Finish
- Complete With Bow + Case
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Full And Resonant Sound
This double bass is a fantastic choice instrument for those that require a full and deep sounding instrument. Made from a solid Canadian maple body, this instrument resonates so well through the full range of the instrument, creating a deep and bellowing sound. Whether bowing or plucking, you?ll be sure to get a full range of dynamics out of the instrument.
The Archer Double Bass has been designed for the discerning musician in mind. An adjustable three piece bridge has been added to the instrument so that the action can be set to a height that suits you. Whether you?re playing orchestral music and bowing the instrument or slapping the strings in a rockabilly style, the adjustable bridge will definitely help!
Top Quality Design and Fantastic Value For Money
The Archer double bass gives so much more than the price suggests. Including an sturdy ebony fingerboard fitted to a supreme maple neck, this instrument is not only really easy to play, but it will last for years to come. As well as that, the durable metal tailpiece and robust brass tuners make this an instrument that will give musical enjoyment for a very long time, without the fear of any malfunction.
Professional Bow and Case
This double bass comes as a pack in order to get playing straight away. Included with the bass is a German style bow made from the finest Brazilwood. The bow features an ebony frog and adjuster, making it extremely hard wearing and durable. The lapping on the bow has been made from nickel silver and has a leather thumbpiece for comfort and durability. The case keeps the instrument extremely safe with its polystyrene moulded interior, covered in a plush lining. The mould is covered in a lightweight fabric and contains many handles and two wheels to make transporting the bass very easy indeed.
"For all styles we could come up with, we were pleasantly surprised by the tone of the bass...the plucked tone is warm and well balanced."
"The adjustable maple bridge and even a little sandpaper applied to the underside of its feet will allow you to set it to your exact tastes. It's equally convincing when bowed, with the just the right mix of rasp from the bow and depth from the spruce, and, all in all, we're impressed."
Music Radar - a leading online publication for musicians
- Body: Hand carved, Atelier built
- Top: Hand carved select Canadian spruce
- Back: Flamed select two-piece Canadian maple with matching ribs and scroll
- Finish: Hand applied oil in orange-brown with slight antiquing
- Bridge: Adjustable, Maple, 3 piece construction
- Neck: Maple
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Tuning Plate: Brass engraved with nickel winders
- Spike: Adjustable
- Type: German style, octagonal Brazilwood bow with horsehair
- Adjuster: Ebony with two nickel bands
- Lapping: Nickel silver with leather thumbpiece
- Frog: Fully mounted and lined round heel ebony with abalone pearl eye
- Tip: Bone
- Case: Canvas covered featherweight hard case with zips, straps and zippable sheet music pocket
- Bag: Lightweight Canvas Gig Bag
- Rosin: Yes
- Warranty: 1 Year
Archer String Instruments by Gear4musicThis range of string instruments was launched by Gear4Music.com in 2007 with a range of premium quality Violins, Cellos, Violas and Double Basses. Archer instruments by Gear4Music are built by carefully selected master craftsmen, who have many years of experience constructing top quality instruments. As a result all of our Archer instruments are built to precision and finished immaculately. By providing our team with the finest solid pieces of Canadian Spruce and Maple, we ensure that these instruments have a full bodied sound that you would expect of a premium quality instrument. All Archer instruments come as a package, which includes an instrument, bow, hard case and rosin. With all these items included, the performer can begin playing straight away. The Archer by Gear4Music instruments are renowned for their superior sound and offer the performer with a rich and responsive tone. They will reward any player with a timbre that will blend in to any orchestra or ensemble. Immaculate style and finishes provide the final flourish to these carefully crafted instruments. Archer strings will continue to raise the bar for both quality and price.
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 4 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 30 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 4 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under The Consumer Contracts (information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- Headphones and In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.