View Full Description
The Zoom H4n's superior, built-in X/Y stereo condenser microphones allow variable recording patterns at either 90° or 120°. The Zoom H4n portable digital recorder has a large 1.9-inch LCD screen, an intuitive interface and an on-board reference speaker. In addition, Zoom has incorporated several of the most popular features from the H2 to the H4n such as Broadcast Wave Format (BWF) compatible time stamp and track marker functions and its auto record and pre-record features so you never miss a moment.
For musicians and songwriters, the H4n has a more user-friendly multi-track recording capability along with Hi-Z Inputs for recording guitar and bass, variable speed playback capability for phrase training, onboard studio effects and over 50 different guitar and bass amp modelling settings. Also, a new stamina mode enables the H4n to operate continuously for an incredible 10 hours on a single set of AA batteries.
Zoom's new, high-quality, digitally-controlled preamp renders audio so precise you'll sound like you recorded in a world-class studio. The new preamp means you can make recording level adjustments on the fly, with automatic level setting also built-in to optimise your levels as quickly as the situation requires.
The H4n also functions as a USB audio interface, letting you record directly to either a Mac or PC. Use your favourite music software to produce and edit your recording right out of the box.
A rubberised, shock resistant chassis improves durability while reducing handling noise. A large, 1.9inch LCD screen with backlit graphic display shows all the tracking information at a glance and makes it easy to navigate the functions of the unit. The H4n even has a built-in reference speaker to let you check recordings without earphones.
A handy remote control for the H4n Digital Recorder is also available.
"You'd be hard pushed to find something that's better on sound quality alone. If you want a good handheld recorder, this should definitely be on your shortlist, and if you want simultaneous four-track recording thrown in, it will be a very short list indeed." - Sound on Sound
- Simultaneous Recording Tracks: 2
- Simultaneous Playback Tracks: 2
- Functions: Lo-cut Filter, Compressor/Limiter, Mono Mix, M/SStereo Decoder, Auto-Rec, Pre-Rec, Tuner, Metronome, A-B Repeat, Variable Speed Playback, File Dividing, Normalize, MP3 Post-Encode, Marker
- Recording Format: WAV (Quantization 16/24bit, Sampling Frequency 44.1/48/96kHz), MP3 (Bit Rate 48/56/64/80/96/112/128/160/192/224/256/320kbps/VBR, Sampling Frequency 44.1kHz)
- Playback Format: WAV (Quantization 16/24bit, Sampling Frequency 44.1/48/96kHz), MP3 (Bit Rate 32/40/48/56/64/80/96/112/128/160/192/224/256/320kbps/VBR, Sampling Frequency 44.1/48kHz)
4 Channel Mode
- Simultaneous Recording Tracks: 4
- Simultaneous Playback Tracks: 4
- Functions: Lo-cut Filter, Compressor/Limiter, M/S Stereo Decoder, Auto-Rec, Pre-Rec, Tuner, Metronome, A-B Repeat, Normalize, Marker
- Recording Format: WAV (Quantization 16/24bit, Sampling Frequency 44.1/48kHz)
- Playback Format: WAV (Quantization 16/24bit, Sampling Frequency 44.1/48kHz)
- A/D Conversion: 24bit, 128times oversampling
- D/A Conversion: 24bit,128times oversampling
- Signal Processing: 32bit
- Recording Media: SD memory card (16MB - 2GB), SDHC memory card (4GB - 32GB)
- Display: 128 x 64pixel, 1.9-inch backlit LCD
- Balanced / Unbalanced Input: 2 x XLR-1/4"phone combo Jack
- Input Impedance: Balanced input = 1k Ohm balanced / pin 2 hot, Unbalanced input = 480k Ohm unbalanced
- Input Level: Balanced input = -10 to -42dBm, Unbalanced input = +2 to -32dBm
- Phantom Power Supply: 48V,24V, OFF
- Built-in Stereo Mic: Unidirectional condenser microphone (Gain +7 to +47dB)
- External Mic Input: 1/8" stereo phone jack(Plug- in powered,Input impedance 2k Ohm, Input level -7 to -47dBm)
- Phones / Line Output: 1/8" stereo phone jack
- Output Load Impedance: 10k Ohm or more
- Rated Output Level: 10dBm
- Phones Output Level: 20mW + 20mW into 32 Ohm load
- Built-in Speaker: 400mW 8 Ohm
- Phantom Power: 48V, 24V, OFF
- USB Interface: Mini-B type (USB2.0 High Speed compatible), Mass Storage Class operation / Audio Interface operation (16bit, 44.1kHz / 48kHz)
- Power Requirements: AA size (LR6) battery x 2, or AC adaptor (DC5V/1A/center plus)
- Battery Life (with alkaline batteries): 6 hours (Normal mode), 11 hours (Stamina mode)
- Dimensions (mm): W 70 x D 156.3 x H 35
- Weight (g): 280 (without batteries)
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.