Focal Shape 40 Studio Monitors (Pair) With Stands
Focal Shape 40 Studio Monitors (Pair) With StandsDetails
Product Ref: 92652View Full Description
Buy on finance from £19.06 per month Finance from £19.06 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Focal Shape 40 Studio Monitors
Innovative Nearfield Monitoring
The Focal Shape 40 Studio Monitor is a compact, nearfield studio monitor featuring a unique design with a side firing, 4-inch double passive radiator. The 1-inch M-Shaped aluminium/magnesium inverted dome tweeter combines with the 4-inch Flax sandwich cone woofer to deliver an extended low-end range. The Focal Shape 40 is designed without a port so it can be placed near a wall. These monitors can also be used from 60cm a way, ideal for larger rooms. The superior-grade technology provides transparent, un-coloured sound, ideal for mixing and mastering applications.
Exceptional Audio Fidelity
The 4-inch Flax sandwich cone provides optimal low-end response thanks to the high-quality flax fibre core enclosed between two thin layers of fibre glass. The result is high internal damping, combined with exceptional sound velocity and flexural rigidity. The sandwich technology methods used to create these Flax sandwich cone provides optimal neutrality of sound, ideal for mixing and referencing audio. At the heart of the Shape studio monitor are two Class AB amplifiers that power the drivers for optimal audio performance. The result is controlled and articulated bass as well as detailed mid-range response. The 1-inch M-shaped aluminium/magnesium inverted dome tweeter provides exceptional high-end detail, combining with the Flax sandwich cone to provide a natural yet rich sound.
One of the most unique features included in the Focal Shape range is the TMD (Tune Mass Damper). The damper surrounds the edge of the Flax sandwich cone woofer, stabilising the dynamics behaviour according resonance, this avoids deformation of the cone without affecting the dynamics. This patented technology is used in earthquake-resistant skyscrapers and racing car's suspensions to provide added resistance to the resonance frequency to control it. The result is minimised fatigue of the woofer cone over time, providing a natural and rich mid-range.
NIC – Neutral Inductance
Another unique technology incorporated into the Focal Shape’s design is the NIC (Neutral Inductance Circuit Technology) providing an incredible stable magnet circuit. The custom Faraday ring used to achieve this, has been optimised using custom materials, dimensions and positioning to ensure the magnetic field no longer affects the positioning of the voice coil. In turn, this ensures the highest-definition audio fidelity and performance possible. The result is high definition audio that doesn’t compromise the dynamics/contrast.
Design & Construction
The Focal Shape Nearfield Studio Monitor is enclosed in a MDF cabinet with natural walnut veneer, which not only looks sleek but provides added acoustic qualities. The rear of the unit features numerous settings for optimal integration including a releasable high-pass filter, adjustable crossover (at 160Hz) and adjustable bass and treble. These attenuation controls allow you to cater to any space or room for optimal audio quality and listening position. The enclosure also features thread for ceiling and wall mounts (fastening accessories not included).
Deluxe Studio Monitor Speaker Stands, Pair
Heavy Duty Stands
This deluxe pair of stands have been designed to carry even the largest and heaviest of monitors. Featuring a three arm design made from solid metal, the weight is evenly distributed throughout the stand, preventing any stress points from heavy speakers.
These speaker stands feature a rubber plate on the top, which prevents the monitor from moving around on the top of the stand. As well as this, it offers protection from scratches and dents to the bottom of the monitor. The base of the stand has optional spikes includes, which prevent movement across a floor when in use.
Focal Shape 40 Studio Monitor (Single)
- Bi-amplified, nearfield studio monitor
- Low tweeter directivity for a flexible listening position
- Designed without a port allowing it to be placed near a wall
- Numerous settings for optimal integration
- Accurate control, even in the very high end
- Flax sandwich cone: controlled and articulated bass, natural and detailed lower mid-range and upper mid-range registers.
- Threads for ceiling and wall mounts (fastening accessories not supplied)
- Double passive radiator
Deluxe Studio Monitor Speaker Stands, Pair
- Pair of high-grade monitor stands
- Three arm design
- Non-slip rubber pads
- Fixed height construction
Focal Shape 40 Studio Monitor (Single)System
- Frequency response (+/-3dB): 60Hz - 35kHz
- Maximum SPL (musical signal): 102dB SPL (peak @ 1m)
- Inputs/Impedance Type: XLR: balanced 10kOhms
- Inputs/Impedance Connectors: RCA: unbalanced 10kOhms with sensitivity compensation
- Midrange & Low Frequency Amplifier: 25W, class AB
- High frequency amplifier: 25W, class AB
- Automatic Standby:
- Standby On: After approximately 30 minutes with no signal
- Standby Off: Signal detection > 3 mV
- Electrical Supply:
- Voltages: 220-240V (T500mAL / 250V fuse) or 100-120V (T1.6AL / 250V fuse)
- Connection: IEC plug and detachable power cord
- High Pass Filter: Adjustable Full range / 80Hz
- Bass: (0 - 250Hz) Adjustable, +/-6dB
- Midrange/Bass: (160Hz, Q=1) Adjustable, +/-3dB
- High (4.5 - 35kHz): Adjustable, +/-3dB
- Power On/Power Off: On/off switch on rear-panel
- Standby Consumption: < 0.5 W
- Display and Controls: LED for power on/off and standby
- Woofer: 4" (10cm) Flax Cone
- Tweeter: 1" (25mm) 'M' profile Aluminum-Magnesium
- Construction: 0.5" (12mm) MDF
- Finish: Vinyl, real walnut and black painting
- Dimensions (with four rubber feet): 10.1 x 6.3 x 7.9" (257 x 161 x 200mm)
- Weight: 5kg (16.1lb)
Deluxe Studio Monitor Speaker Stands (Pair)
- Stand Material: Solid Metal
- Stand Colour: Black
- Height: Fixed - 1040mm
- Weight: 5kg
- Load Capacity: 20kg
- Top Dimensions: 28 x 28cm
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.