sE Electronics sE8 Condenser Microphone, Matched Pair
sE Electronics sE8 Condenser Microphone, Matched PairDetails
Product Ref: 95988View Full Description
Buy on finance from £8.16 per month Finance from £8.16 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
New Capsule Design
Carefully crafted in sE's laboratories, the sE8 incorporates a new backplate design into its construction. No matter how much EQ or filtering you apply, this new design prevents harshness whilst simultaneously providing you with the highest dynamic range and SPL handling in its class. On top of this, the sE8 features a hand-crafted gold-sputtered capsule with an ultra-thin diaphragm that has been tuned to perfection by technicians with decades of experience. This new capsule is built in a manner reminiscent of the world's finest musical instruments, and is truly worthy of recording them.
The pad switch can be used if you're recording a very hot or loud signal. For miking up loud sound sources such as drums or a guitar cabinet, the -10dB or -20dB settings will reduce the level output from the microphone to the connected microphone preamp, ensuring a high quality signal is delivered.
Switchable 80Hz/160Hz Lo-Cut/Hi-Pass Filter
The sE8 incorporates a handy lo-cut/hi-pass switchable filter into its circuitry. 80Hz or 160Hz lo-cut can be applied to decrease the level of proximity effect, which is typical behaviour in cardioid pattern microphones if placed very close to the sound source, or to isolate from low frequency rumble from other sources.
High Performance Electronics
The sE Electronics sE8 has been designed with a super-short signal path with no ICs, and using only the best, specially optimized, Class-A electronics. As a result, the sE8 is one of the quietest small diaphragm condensers you can buy, and by far the quietest in its class.
What Professionals Have Said
"Sounds like a wickedly expensive high-end microphone." - Bernhard Schurian, Planet Music & Media Magazine
"I recorded violin, and it just did what it should do! A clear sound with warm highs, it reproduces the natural sound of the instrument as it should be. It's a beauty in a perfect size, easy to place wherever it needs to be placed!" - Titus Vadon, Recording Engineer & Producer
"The sE8s on the high-hats are a very big surprise. I have been looking forward for that crisp sound without the over-hyped top end...I was picking up subtle hits and ghost notes that had not been that well defined before. Overall I am very impressed." - Gary Sharpe, TM-FOH Between The Buried And Me, TM-FOH - Every Time I Die
In The Box
- sE Electronics sE8 Microphone x 2
- Wind Screen x 2
- Mic Clip With Thread Adapter x 2
- Stereo Bar
- Metal Case
- sE Logo Sticker
- User Manual With Warranty Card
- Capsule: hand-Crafted Small Diaphragm True Condenser Capsule
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 25 mV/Pa (-32dBV)
- Max SPL (0.5% THD): 139/149/159dB SPL (0/10/20 dB Attenuation Pad)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 13 dB(A)
- Dynamic Range: 126/136/146dB (0/10/20 dB Attenuation Pad)
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio: 81dB
- Low-Cut Filter: 80Hz/160Hz, 6dB/Oct, Switchable
- Attenuation Pad: 10dB/20dB, Switchable
- Powering: 48V According To IEC 61938
- Electrical Impedance: 110 Ohms
- Recommended Load Imepdance: >1k Ohms
- Current Consumption: 2.7mA
- Connectivity: Gold-Plated 3-Pin Male XLR
- Dimensions: 23mm x 120mm / 0.91'' x 4.72'' (D x L)
- Weight: 141g / 4.97oz.
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.