Zoom Q4N Handy Video Recorder
Zoom Q4N Handy Video RecorderDetails
The Zoom Q4N Video Recorder provides a combination no other camera can match, offering 10 advanced lighting presets and capturing Zoom's highest-quality video ever. The Q4N features a 160-degree wide-angle lens that records in a variety of HD and WVGA formats. The built-in microphones handle high sound pressure levels with ease and can be configured to either A/B or X/Y stereo recording. Providing simple operation, fresh perspectives and endless possibilities, the Zoom Q4N allows you to record anywhere - from bright daylight outdoors to low-lit clubs and striking sunsets.
Product Ref: 70083View Full Description
Spend another £1.00 to buy on finance Finance from £6.82 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Simple and Convenient
Whether you're recording YouTube videos, podcasts or live performances, you can rely on the Q4N to capture bright, clear video with exceptional audio. The Q4N offers features that make it simple to operate, including one-button recording, automatic microphone gain adjustment and a rotating full-colour touchscreen LCD. The USB port allows you to connect it to any computer or iPad, meaning the Q4N can be used as a web camera or USB microphone. You can also stream live, transfer recordings and recharge your battery.
From Sunlight to Low-Light
Equipped with 10 ''Scene'' presets, the Zoom Q4N ensures excellent recordings in a range of environments, even low-light venues such as nightclubs. These presets include ''Concert Lighting'' where adjustments are made for lighting conditions that can drastically change, and ''Concert-Low Light''. There are also specific Scence settings tailored for shooting at jazz clubs and rehearsal studios, as well as outdoors even at sunset and at night.
The Q4N shoots in a variety of HD and WVGA formats, from high-resolution 2.3K video (2304 x 1296 pixel/30fps/24Mbps 3M HD) down to compact 30fps/5Mbps WVGA files. This handy video recorder also comes complete with a greatly improved aperturem, a 160° wide-angle lens and five steps of digital zoom.
Unrivaled Audio Recording
Zoom has a long-standing reputation for products with outstanding audio capabilities, and the Q4N is certainly no exception. It supports high-resolution 24-bit/96kHz stereo sound and the built-in microphones can handle up to 140dB SPL, which helps guarantee distortion-free recording in even the loudest environments.
When configured to A/B recording, the Q4N captures vivid stereo audio that provides a realistic sense of space and ambience, well-suited for capturing the reverb of a concert hall. X/Y stereo recording captures the natural depth and width, while still delivering a strong center image, ideal for recording musical performances and video blogs.
- High-quality 160° wide-angle lens (F2.0/16.6mm)
- 10 ''Scene'' options for use in different lighting environments, plus five steps of digital zoom
- Records directly to SDXC cards up to 128GB for extended recording times
- Easy one-button recording
- Full-colour rotating touchscreen LCD
- Support for five HD video modes, up to 2304 x 1296 pixels (3M HD), as well as two WVGA modes
- Video bitrates up to 24 Mbps for extended image quality and frame rates of up to 60 fps (at 720p) for capturing fast-action video
- Self-timer function to delay video recording by 3, 5 or 10 seconds
- HDMI video output for connection to HDTVs, selectable between NTSC and PAL
- Records video and audio in MOV format
- Built-in stereo microphones can be configured for A/B or X/Y, capable of handling sound levels up to 140dB SPL
- Analog-style level control with onscreen level metering and 2-colour status LCD on lens
- 3 Auto Gain presets for automatic control over audio input level
- Stereo input for use with external devices plus support for plug-in power
- Headphone/line-level output and built-in speaker for fast audio monitoring
- Supplied windscreen and low-cut filter for the elimination of low-frequency noise and rumble
- USB interface for live streaming and data transfer
- Compatible with USTREAM Producer, Flash Live Media Encoder, Skype, and other popular streaming applications
- Webcam and USB mic function (with low-latency direct monitoring) when used with computers and iPads (Apple Camera Connection Kit required - sold separately)
- Includes rechargeable Li-ion battery (chargeable via USB or optional AC adapter) with battery life of more than 3 hours
- Built-in standard tripod mount and included tripod-to-3-prong adapter for compatibility with all action camera mounts
- Recording Media: SD/SDHC/SDXC Cards (Class 10 or Higher, up to 128GB)
- Image Sensor: 1/3'' 3-Megapixel CMOS Sensor
- Lens: Fixed Focus (36cm - ∞), F2.0
- Focal Distance: 16.6mm (35mm Equivalent), 160° FOV
- Video Format: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (MOV)
- Video Resolution:
- 3M HD (2304x1296) / 30 fps / 24 Mbps
- HD1080p / 30 fps / 24 Mbps
- HD1080p / 30 fps / 16 Mbps
- HD720p / 60 fps / 15 Mbps
- HD720p / 30 fps / 8 Mbps
- WVGA 60 fps / 8 Mbps
- WVGA 30 fps / 5 Mbps
- Audio Formats:
- WAV (16-/24-bit Quantization, 44.1/48/96 kHz Sampling Frequency)
- AAC (64-320 kbps bit rate, 48 kHz Sampling Frequency)
- Audio Functions: Lo-Cut Filter, Auto Gain
- Image Functions:
- Digital Zoom (x0.75/x0.85/x1.00/x1.30/x1.50)
- Scene Selection (Auto, Concert Lighting, Night, Concert-Low Light, Dance Club, Jazz Club, Concert Hall, Rehearsal-Studio, Garage, Outdoor, Sunset)
- Self-Timer: Off, 3sec, 5sec, 10sec
- Display: 2'' Full-Colour Touchscreen LCD
- Type: 120° A/B and 120° X/Y Stereo
- Maximum Sound Pressure Input: 140dB SPL
- Input Gain: -30 to +44 dB
- Input Connector: Stereo Mini Jack
- Input Gain: -∞ to +26 dB
- Input Impedance: 2kΩ or More
- Output Connector: Combined Line/Headphone Stereo Mini Jack
- HDMI Connector: Micro Type D
- Built-In Speaker: 400mW 8Ω Mono Speaker
- As Audio Interface: USB 2.0 Full Speed (16-bit/44.1kHz)
- As Mass Storage: USB 2.0 Full Speed
- As Webcam: WVGA/720p Video (16-bit/48kHz)
- Power Supply: Lithium-Ion Battery; DC 4.2V, 1050mAh Capacity
- AC Adapter: Zoom AD-17 (Sold Separately)
- Recharging Times: 3 Hours via USB (2 Hours via optional Zoom AD-17)
- Battery Operation Time: 3 Hours + (When Recording 720p/30 fps Video with LCD Closed)
- External Dimensions: 119mm x 51mm x 62mm (Mic Stored)
- Weight: 178.6g (Including Battery)
- Included Accessories:
- Operation Manual
- Lithium-Ion Battery (1050mAh BT-02)
- 3-Prong Action Camera Mount Adapter
- USB to Mini-USB Cable
- Sponge Windscreen
- Lens Cover
- Lens Hood
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.