Rode NTG-8 Precision Broadcast Long-Shotgun Microphone
Rode NTG-8 Precision Broadcast Long-Shotgun MicrophoneDetails
The NTG-8 is a broadcast-quality, long shotgun microphone that exhibits incredible directionality across the entire frequency range and offers enhanced LF response, directivity and sensitivity.
Product Ref: 22350View Full Description
Buy on finance from £18.29 per month Finance from £18.29 per month
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The NTG-2 It has been optimised for recording high-quality audio for film, television, sports and outdoor broadcasting or any professional application where distance mic'ing is required.
The RØDE NTG-8 embodies many of the features of the NTG-3, including low self-noise, natural sound without colouration both on and off axis, and RF bias technology to ensure that it is almost completely water resistant and suitable for outdoor environments.
Designed and manufactured in Sydney, Australia, the NTG-8 provides a super-cardioid polar pattern and a 40Hz-20kHz frequency response in a 559mm x 19mm body that weighs 345g. It requires 48V Phantom Power and features a 3 pin XLR balanced output, an improved dynamic range and a Max SPL of 127dB (A-weighted).
"I have been of the opinion for a while now that the MKH416P48 and the NTG3 are the best shotgun microphones available in the under £1,000 price bracket but now I must add the NTG8 to that collection. So impressed am I that while I already own the MKH416P48 and the NTG3 that I am now seriously tempted to buy the NTG8 as well! In my opinion, for its price and quality the new RØDE NTG8 is the best shotgun microphone around! I believe that when it comes to buying professional audio equipment the rule should be, "Buy once and buy well!" and in the past I have had niggles about the quality of some of the so called professional microphones I have tested but have none about the RØDE NTG8, it is simply the best shotgun microphone I have ever handled." Phil Janvier M.M.Inst.V., Focus Magazine
- Acoustic Principle: Line Gradient
- Active Electronics: RF Bias
- Capsule: 0.50"
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid - Picks up the front and sides and rejects 150° to the rear
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 40Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 2Ω
- Maximum SPL: 124dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1 THD into 1K? load)
- Maximum Output Level: 8.2dBu (@ 1kHz, 1 THD into 1KΩ load)
- Sensitivity: -20.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (97.50mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Power Options: (44-52V min 2.5mA)
- Weight: 345.00gm
- Dimensions: 559.00mmH x 19.00mmW x 19.00mmD Output
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.