QSC GX7 Entertainer Power Amplifier
QSC GX7 Entertainer Power AmplifierDetails
Product Ref: 21158View Full Description
Buy on finance from £15.89 per month Finance from £15.89 per month
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
GX Series amplifiers are ideal for professional entertainers who require maximum performance and portability on a limited budget. QSC designers, headed by Pat Quilter, have optimised output and appearance while reducing raw material cost and weight. It's all here - dramatic styling, easy hook-up and adjustments, excellent audio quality and QSC reliability.
GX amplifiers deliver just the right amount of power to the most popular speakers used by entertainers. Typically, loudspeaker manufacturers recommend an amplifier with power output equal to the speaker's Program (Music) Power rating or two times (2 x) the Continuous (RMS) Power rating. The GX7 provides full performance for 500 watt (Program) speakers.
The GX7 uses a Class H system, based on key elements of the PL Series, (PLX, PL3, CX, DCA) almost doubling power in the same size and weight. QSC design expertise allows the output devices to shift from low-power to high-power rails in less than a millionth of a second, ensuring that the output power is always right where it needs to be without excess loss. The amplifier uses premium toroidal power transformers for reliable mid-weight performance. A variable-speed fan moves air crosswise through the amplifier, drawing cool air in over the power transformer, through the fan, and then over the heat sink. This keeps the transformer cool and allows a full size heat sink to fit in a down-sized chassis. As always, the amplifiers are fully protected from the usual hazards of the trade, ensuring stable performance and long life.
GuardRail protection delivers full peak power while preventing detrimental overloads. During excessive clipping, or extreme overheating, GuardRail reduces gain just enough to preserve the integrity of the music, protect the speakers and keep the audience excited, without unprofessional distortion levels or shutdowns.
A subwoofer reduces strain on the full-range speaker, allowing it to play louder, or letting a smaller speaker do the same job. The GX Series supports this mode with a Crossover switch that splits the full-range input entering Ch 1, sending 20 Hz -100 Hz to the sub (Ch 1) and 100 Hz - 20 kHz to the top box (Ch 2). The front panel gain controls balance the sub and top box, while GuardRail optimises peak power into the sub and top individually, for greater musical impact and dynamic range.
- Power levels matched to the most popular speakers used by entertainers
- Optimized for maximum real-world headroom into 4 ohm and 8 ohm speaker systems
- Inputs: XLR, 1/4" TRS and phono input connectors for compatibility with any source
- Outputs: Speakon® combo accepts, 1/4" (TS) plugs or Speakon 2-pole and 4-pole plugs (connects 2 poles only). Binding posts support all other speaker wiring systems
- Minimum depth chassis (10.1"/257 mm) fits in compact, inexpensive effects racks
- Lightweight - only 7.5 kg
- Detented gain controls for precise setting and matching of sensitivity
- GuardRail™ automatically protects the amplifier and loudspeakers from damage due to temperature rise or overdrive without shutting down the show
- Front panel LEDs monitor Power, Signal and Clipping
- Subwoofer/Satellite crossover built-in
- 8 ohms / 1kHz (both channels driven): 725W
- 8 ohms / 1kHz (single channel driven): 800W
- 4 ohms / 1kHz (both channels driven): 1000W
- 4 ohms / 1kHz (single channel driven): 1200W
- Distortion (1dB below rated power, 1kHz): >0.02 at 8 ohms, >0.05 at 4 ohms
- Signal to Noise (20Hz - 20kHz): 100dB
- Input Sensitivity: 1.2 Vrms
- Voltage Gain (8 ohms): 36.1dB
- Output Circuitry: 2-tier Class H
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz, +0, -1dB
- Dynamic Headroom (4 ohms): 2dB
- Input Impedance: Greater than 20k ohms (balanced)
- Maximum Input Level: +24dB (16 Vrms)
- Input Connectors (each channel): 3-pin XLR and 1/4" TRS, balanced, parallel / Phono, unbalanced
- Output Connectors (each channel): Speakon, 1/4", Binding Posts
- Amplifier and Load Protection: Short circuit, open circuit, thermal, RF protection, Load protected against DC faults
- Front Panel Controls and Indicators: Gain controls, 21 detents, Red CLIP LEDs, proportional, 0.1 THD threshold, Green SIGNAL LEDs, threshold 35 dB below clipping, Blue POWER LED, AC on
- Rear Panel Controls: Full Range / Crossover switch 100 Hz, 3rd order LP (sub), 2nd order HP (top)
- Dimensions: HWD 3.5" (89 mm) 2RU x 19" (483 mm) x 10.1" (257 mm)
- Weight: 120V model: Net: 15.5 lb (7 kg), Shipping: 20.5 lb (9.3 kg) / 230V model: Net: 16.5 lb (7.5 kg), Shipping: 21.5 lb (9.75 kg)
- Agency Approvals: UL, CE, RoHS/WEEE Compliant
|AC Current and Heating, 120 VAC(multiply current by 0.5 for 230 VAC)||GX7|
|Operating Condition||AC amps||BTU/hour|
|8 + 8 ohms, 1/8 power 1||6.7||1169|
|8 + 8 ohms, 1/3 power 2||13.3||1807|
|8 + 8 ohms, full power 3||26.5||2167|
|4 + 4 ohms, 1/8 power 1||10.1||1963|
|4 + 4 ohms, 1/3 power 2||18.5||2612|
|4 + 4 ohms, full power 3||40||4478|
|1 1/8 power represents typical maximum operating conditions, 2 1/3 power represents overdriven program levels, 3 Full power is breaker limited to short periods For 230 V, multiply AC current by 0.5 For 100 V, multiply AC current by 1.25|
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.