Korg microKEY 61 Key USB MIDI Keyboard
Product Ref: 25094
Korg microKEY 61 Key USB MIDI KeyboardDetails
The microKEY is a compact USB MIDI keyboard that's ideal for the musician who wants to assemble a convenient and compact music production system. For 2012, Korg have expanded the range with new 25 and 61 key models. The 61 key model offers a full five octaves, satisfying the performing musician while fitting in the same horizontal dimensions as a full-sized 49 key model.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Natural Touch Mini Keyboard:Slim, lightweight, USB-powered, and compatible with all computer-based music software, the microKEY is a great way to create your production setup. The microKEY features the velocity-sensitive Natural Touch mini-keyboard that was acclaimed on instruments such as the microKORG XL and the microARRANGER. The proportions of the black and white keys has been adjusted for optimal playability, easy chording, and rapid phrase work; careful attention has been paid to the touch and playing feel. The "waterfall-type" keyboard makes it easy to play glissandos. This keyboard will accurately convey the dynamics of your performance to your software.
Take Control!:Octave Shift buttons are provided on all models. Using the UP/DOWN buttons allows you to shift the octave the appropriate number of steps for each model so that, when used in conjunction with the Key Transpose function, the full range of notes in the MIDI specification can be covered. As for the array of controllers needed for boosting the expressive power of your performance, the 61 key model features a pitch bend wheel and modulation wheel.
No Driver Installation Needed:The standard USB MIDI driver provided by Windows/Mac OS X is supported, so there's no need to install a driver. Simply use a USB cable to connect the microKEY to your computer, and it's ready for use.
iPad Compatible:You can connect the microKEY to your iPad and use it to control apps such as the Korg iMS-20 via MIDI (apps must support Core MIDI). For the 61 key model, you just need to connect it via a USB hub that can supply power.
USB Versatility:The new microKEY serves double-duty as a USB hub. The two USB ports (Type A) allow you to expand your custom control centre by adding on a Korg nanoPAD2 or nanoKONTROL2 - or any other USB device!
KORG KONTROL Editor:Using the KORG KONTROL Editor software (provided), you'll be able to customise the microKEY for your setup. You can choose from eight velocity curves plus fixed velocity (a total of nine types), and also specify the control change number of the modulation wheel or joystick, as well as specify their maximum and minimum values.
Play Today Software Bundle:The microKEY ships with the following software licenses and discount coupons so you can start making music right away:
- KORG Legacy Collection Special Bundle (License): Included is a license for the Korg Legacy Collection Special Bundle, which contains the following software titles: the MS-20 analog monophonic synthesizer, the Polysix polyphonic synthesizer, the all-embracing Mono/Poly analog synthesizer, the M1 which was the original music workstation, and the Wavestation digital synthesizer. Licenses for these five classic Korg instruments, reborn as software and accompanied by the MDE-X effect plug-in, are bundled with the microKEY-61 as a free download.
- EzDrummer Lite (License): Included is a license for Toontrack's software drum sound module "EzDrummer Lite", giving you numerous high-quality drum sounds. (This software can be downloaded for use.) You'll be able to immediately start enjoying realistic drum sounds played from your microKEY.
- Ableton "Live" series (discount coupon included): Included is a discount coupon for Ableton's "Live," "Live Suite," and "Live LE" DAW software, widely popular for its sophisticated functionality.
- Lounge Lizard Session (License): Included is a license for "Lounge Lizard Session," the physical modeling sound module from Applied Acoustics Systems, famed for its richly expressive electric piano sounds.
- Ultra Analog Session (License): Included is a license for "Ultra Analog Session," the analog modeling synthesiser from Applied Acoustics Systems, acclaimed for its fat, powerful sounds.
- Strum Acoustic Session (License): Included is a license for Applied Acoustics Systems' "Strum Acoustic Session," the physical modeling software synthesiser that lets you "play" acoustic guitar parts with the expressive power of an acoustic instrument.
The product price includes a one year warranty and 28 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 28 days to 90 days (terms apply after 28 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 28 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under The Consumer Contracts (information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
Once the product is delivered, you have 28 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.