Roland SPD-SX Sampling Pad
Product Ref: 22367
Roland SPD-SX Sampling PadDetails
Call our Roland Specialist for further information on: 0843 155 0500
SPECIAL OFFER - Buy before December 31st and receive FREE exclusive sounds created by Craig Blundell and Sam Doyle (The Maccabees).
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The SPD-SX takes many of the proven concepts from its predecessor and raises them to a new level. Whether you're firing off one-shot samples, looped phrases, or complete audio playback tracks, the SPD-SX is loaded with the latest technology and tools to get the job done with speed, precision, and convenience. Enjoy the most advanced triggering and sampling technology in a sleek, easy-to-use percussion instrument.
The Playing Field
The SPD-SX is equipped with nine highly sensitive rubber pads with two independent real-time control knobs and four dedicated effect buttons. Roland's most advanced triggering technology ensures the ultimate in accuracy and fully dynamic performance, while a large backlit LCD provides easy-to-read data in all varieties of environments. Each pad has a companion LED that illuminates to show the pad's status. When you trigger sample phrases, the LEDs remain lit to show you which pads are in play and which are not. In addition, the LEDs change illumination strength according to audio-level activity (similar to level meters on a mixing board). The high-contrast red divider lines help you see the pad zones clearly onstage.
Improved Playability and Functionality
Today, increasing numbers of drummers and percussionists need to incorporate audio samples into their performance. The SPD-SX will satisfy their increasing requirements with essential features such as individual click output routing, dedicated volume controls, Pad Check function, individual Sub Out, and more.
The SPD-SX has three multi-effects units onboard: one master unit and two units that are assignable per kit. The master effects engine lets you perform in real time like a DJ using the dedicated front-panel controls. Get your hands on the filter, delay, short looper, and user-assignable effect - all of which can be creatively adjusted with the four front -panel buttons and two control knobs.
There's much more to the SPD-SX than meets the eye. A powerful-yet-friendly lineup of features has been built into this little powerhouse, such as Multi-Pad Sampling. While audio streams in from an external audio player or computer (via Audio In or USB), simply strike each pad at the appropriate start/end points, and the sample will be automatically truncated and assigned to that pad. It's a fast, friendly way to create multi-sampled phrases and pad maps.
SPD-SX Wave Manager Software Included
The SPD-SX's generous 2 GB of internal memory lets you store and carry your entire sample library inside. With no external memory required, you can house approximately 360 minutes of audio (10,000 files) at 16-bit, 44.1 kHz, mono. The built-in USB ports let you directly import audio files from USB flash memory. The bundled SPD-SX Wave Manager software app lets you import audio files directly from computer via USB, assign the samples to each pad, and organize the thousands of samples efficiently.
- Unique sampling-pad concept - the only instrument of its kind in the world
- 2 GB internal memory, enabling approximately 360 minutes of sampling (mono) without requiring external memory
- Nine velocity-sensitive rubber pads, two external dual-trigger inputs
- Easy capturing and assignment of audio data through Multi-Pad Sampling
- Three units of multi-effects onboard, with two real-time control knobs and four dedicated effect buttons
- Individual Pad Dynamics indicators show pad status and audio-level activity during performance
- Expanded USB functionality (USB Mass Storage, USB MIDI/AUDIO, USB Memory)
- Wave Manager software included for easily importing, assigning, and organizing samples
- Large backlit LCD
- Pads: Built-in Pads: 9 (with LED Indicators)
- *Two external trigger inputs are provided, allowing you to connect up to four Pads.
- Maximum Polyphony: 20 voices
- * Maximum polyphony becomes 16 voices according as an operating state.
- Recordable Wave Data: 10,000
- * Including preload wave data.
- Sampling Time (Total time for all wave data): Approx. 180 min. in stereo (360 min. in mono)
- Data Format: 16-bit linear PCM (WAV/AIFF)
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1 kHz
- Kits: 100
- Kit Chain: 8 chains (20 steps per chain)
- Master Effects (21 Types)
- Kit Effect 1 (20 Types)
- Kit Effect 2 (20 Types)
- Display: Graphic LCD 128 x 64 dots
- PHONES jack (Stereo 1/4-inch phone type)
- MASTER OUT jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- SUB OUT jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- AUDIO IN jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type) (with LINE-MIC GAIN control)
- TRIG IN jacks (1/2, 3/4) (1/4-inch TRS phone type)
- FOOT SW jack (1/2) (1/4-inch TRS phone type)
- MIDI connectors (IN, OUT)
- DC IN jack
- COMPUTER connector
- MEMORY connector
- Interface: Hi-Speed USB (USB-MIDI, USB-AUDIO, USB Mass Storage Class, USB Flash Drive)
- Power Supply: DC 9 V (AC Adaptor)
- Current Draw: 600 mA
* Since the internal memory included with the SPD-SX contains preload data, the available sampling time will be less than the time above.
- CD-ROM (SPD-SX Wave Manager, USB driver, preload wave data)
- Owner's Manual
- AC Adaptor
FREE Sound Offer
FREE Exclusive sounds created by Craig Blundell and Sam Doyle (The Maccabees) with SPD-SX and TM-2 when bought between October 1st and December 31st 2014. Register your purchase of a new SPD-SX or a TM-2 on MyRoland and receive a SD Card with 109 drum samples in total. These exclusive samples are made up of acoustic kick drums, snare drums, toms, cymbals and electronic effects and loops ? all recorded professionally from the artists exclusively for Roland. Full terms and conditions available here.
The product price includes a one year warranty and 28 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 28 days to 90 days (terms apply after 28 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 28 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
Once the product is delivered, you have 28 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.