Zoom H4n Handheld Digital Recorder
Product Ref: 13008
Zoom H4n Handheld Digital RecorderDetails
The H4n is Zoom's most sophisticated handheld recorder to date, offering a significantly improved user interface, integral X/Y stereo condenser microphones, a digitally controlled mic pre-amp and the ability to use both internal and external microphones simultaneously for 4-channel recording.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The Zoom H4n's superior, built-in X/Y stereo condenser microphones allow variable recording patterns at either 90° or 120°. The Zoom H4n portable digital recorder has a large 1.9-inch LCD screen, an intuitive interface and an on-board reference speaker. In addition, Zoom has incorporated several of the most popular features from the H2 to the H4n such as Broadcast Wave Format (BWF) compatible time stamp and track marker functions and its auto record and pre-record features so you never miss a moment.
For musicians and songwriters, the H4n has a more user-friendly multi-track recording capability along with Hi-Z Inputs for recording guitar and bass, variable speed playback capability for phrase training, onboard studio effects and over 50 different guitar and bass amp modelling settings. Also, a new stamina mode enables the H4n to operate continuously for an incredible 10 hours on a single set of AA batteries.
Zoom's new, high-quality, digitally-controlled preamp renders audio so precise you'll sound like you recorded in a world-class studio. The new preamp means you can make recording level adjustments on the fly, with automatic level setting also built-in to optimise your levels as quickly as the situation requires.
The H4n also functions as a USB audio interface, letting you record directly to either a Mac or PC. Bundled with Cubase LE 4 from Steinberg, you can start to produce and edit your recording right out of the box.
A rubberised, shock resistant chassis improves durability while reducing handling noise. A large, 1.9inch LCD screen with backlit graphic display shows all the tracking information at a glance and makes it easy to navigate the functions of the unit. The H4n even has a built-in reference speaker to let you check recordings without earphones.
A handy remote control for the H4n Digital Recorder is also available.
"You'd be hard pushed to find something that's better on sound quality alone. If you want a good handheld recorder, this should definitely be on your shortlist, and if you want simultaneous four-track recording thrown in, it will be a very short list indeed." - Sound on Sound
Features and Specifications
For further information about the Zoom H4n, please download the PDF from the link below.
- Simultaneous Recording Tracks: 2
- Simultaneous Playback Tracks: 2
- Functions: Lo-cut Filter, Compressor/Limiter, Mono Mix, M/SStereo Decoder, Auto-Rec, Pre-Rec, Tuner, Metronome, A-B Repeat, Variable Speed Playback, File Dividing, Normalize, MP3 Post-Encode, Marker
- Recording Format: WAV (Quantization 16/24bit, Sampling Frequency 44.1/48/96kHz), MP3 (Bit Rate 48/56/64/80/96/112/128/160/192/224/256/320kbps/VBR, Sampling Frequency 44.1kHz)
- Playback Format: WAV (Quantization 16/24bit, Sampling Frequency 44.1/48/96kHz), MP3 (Bit Rate 32/40/48/56/64/80/96/112/128/160/192/224/256/320kbps/VBR, Sampling Frequency 44.1/48kHz)
4 Channel Mode
- Simultaneous Recording Tracks: 4
- Simultaneous Playback Tracks: 4
- Functions: Lo-cut Filter, Compressor/Limiter, M/S Stereo Decoder, Auto-Rec, Pre-Rec, Tuner, Metronome, A-B Repeat, Normalize, Marker
- Recording Format: WAV (Quantization 16/24bit, Sampling Frequency 44.1/48kHz)
- Playback Format: WAV (Quantization 16/24bit, Sampling Frequency 44.1/48kHz)
- A/D Conversion: 24bit, 128times oversampling
- D/A Conversion: 24bit,128times oversampling
- Signal Processing: 32bit
- Recording Media: SD memory card (16MB - 2GB), SDHC memory card (4GB - 32GB)
- Display: 128 x 64pixel, 1.9-inch backlit LCD
- Balanced / Unbalanced Input: 2 x XLR-1/4"phone combo Jack
- Input Impedance: Balanced input = 1k Ohm balanced / pin 2 hot, Unbalanced input = 480k Ohm unbalanced
- Input Level: Balanced input = -10 to -42dBm, Unbalanced input = +2 to -32dBm
- Phantom Power Supply: 48V,24V, OFF
- Built-in Stereo Mic: Unidirectional condenser microphone (Gain +7 to +47dB)
- External Mic Input: 1/8" stereo phone jack(Plug- in powered,Input impedance 2k Ohm, Input level -7 to -47dBm)
- Phones / Line Output: 1/8" stereo phone jack
- Output Load Impedance: 10k Ohm or more
- Rated Output Level: 10dBm
- Phones Output Level: 20mW + 20mW into 32 Ohm load
- Built-in Speaker: 400mW 8 Ohm
- Phantom Power: 48V, 24V, OFF
- USB Interface: Mini-B type (USB2.0 High Speed compatible), Mass Storage Class operation / Audio Interface operation (16bit, 44.1kHz / 48kHz)
- Power Requirements: AA size (LR6) battery x 2, or AC adaptor (DC5V/1A/center plus)
- Battery Life (with alkaline batteries): 6 hours (Normal mode), 11 hours (Stamina mode)
- Dimensions (mm): W 70 x D 156.3 x H 35
- Weight (g): 280 (without batteries)
- Included: SD Memory Card (1GB), Wind Screen, Mic Clip Adaptor, AC Adaptor (AD-14), USB Cable, Protetive Case
The product price includes a one year warranty and 28 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 28 days to 90 days (terms apply after 28 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 28 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
This offer excludes computer software, in-ear monitors that have been opened, and items supplied to your personal specification.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.