Rode Podcaster USB Condenser Microphone
Rode Podcaster USB Condenser MicrophoneDetails
The Podcaster combines broadcast quality audio with the simplicity of USB connectivity, allowing you to easily record direct to your computer without the need for a digital interface.
Product Ref: 9170View Full Description
Spend another £84.00 to buy on finance Finance from £6.82 per month
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Powered by USB-bus, the Podcaster is ideal for podcasting and vodcasting, as well as YouTube videos and voice recognition software. You might be recording a demo and looking for a simple USB mic but without having to compromise on sound quality.
The Podcaster processes all of the analogue to digital conversion internally using its 18-bit resolution and 48kHz sampling A/D converter, which bypasses your computer's lower quality on-board sound controller, providing you with great output.
Including an audiophile-quality 18-bit resolution, 48kHz sampling A/D converter, the Podcaster processes all of the analogue to digital conversion internally, bypassing the computer's lower quality on-board sound controller altogether. The internal pop filter minimises plosive sounds what can distort the audio output. The Rode Podcaster dynamic USB microphone is covered by Rode Microphones' industry leading 10 year warranty, so you can be confident you're using a reliable and trusted piece of kit, whatever you're using it for.
The headphone output on the microphone body gives you zero latency monitoring, so you're able to hear exactly what is being recorded, free of delay or echo. The Podcaster body also features a status LED to indicate when it's in recording mode and a sturdy RM2 microphone ring mount.
The dynamic, end address Rode Podcaster Mic is fully Mac, Windows 7 and Windows Vista compatible, and can also be used in conjunction with several Linux distributions. It can also be used as an iPad microphone for the Apple iPad (in conjunction with the iPad Camera Connection Kit and a powered USB hub) to provide high quality recording to various iPad audio applications such as Garageband.
The Podcaster opens up possibilities for anyone who records audio - from podcasters, journalists and students to business people adding audio files to websites and multimedia presentations.
"The RODE Podcaster is a great microphone. It's well suited to creating podcasts, screencasts, movie voiceovers and even recording music. The build-quality is almost flawless and it offers an ideal feature combination of features for fast and easy recordings". Mac-Forums.com
- Broadcast Sound Quality
- 28mm dynamic capsule
- 18-bit resolution, 8-48kHz sampling
- Windows and Mac compatible
- Powered by USB bus
- Internal capsule shock mounting
- 3.5mm stereo headphone output with volume control built-in to body
- Ideal for voice recognition software
- Power: Power supplied by USB port
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure gradient
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 40 Hz - 14 kHz
- Signal noise ratio: >78 dB
- Sensitivity: -51 dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (2.8 mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 3 dB @ 1kHz
- Weight: 610gm
For more detailed specifications, please download the Rode Podcaster USB Condenser Mic product manual PDF from the link below
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.