M-Audio BX5 D2 Studio Monitors (Pair)
M-Audio BX5 D2 Studio Monitors (Pair)Details
Product Ref: 6647View Full Description
Spend another £71.00 to buy on finance Finance from £6.82 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
Custom Class A/B analog amplifiers deliver superior dynamics and tonal accuracy across the frequency spectrum - while the latest-generation woven Kevlar low-frequency drivers and waveguide-loaded silk dome tweeters provide rich, defined sound. With the BX5 D2, you'll enjoy the utmost accuracy in an engaging listening experience.
Accurate and enjoyable
Whether you're recording, mixing, or mastering, your monitors are your primary reference source. Accurate monitors let you hear exactly what's happening in your mixes, and give you the assurance that your music will translate well to other listening environments. The M-Audio BX5 D2 monitors leverage a decade of monitor engineering expertise to deliver exceptional transparency and sonic definition, allowing you to enjoy marathon mixing sessions with minimal listening fatigue.
Designed for pros - and beginners
Countless pros use M-Audio studio monitors to produce and mix the music and audio you hear every day. The BX D2 series makes that same design philosophy and technology available to anyone with a passion for great sound. BX5 D2 helps you understand what's in your mix so you can make better decisions about how it will translate across a wide variety of systems, from MP3 earbuds to car stereos to audiophile rigs.
Silk-dome, waveguide-loaded, high-frequency drivers
Our high-frequency domes are made from natural silk to counter the audible ringing that is inherent in the poorly crafted metallic materials often found in other monitors. The high-frequency driver is fully isolated from the rest of the enclosure to ensure minimum distortion, providing ultra-smooth frequency response up to 22 kHz. It also features a built-in waveguide, which offers an expansive sound stage and exceptional imaging.
Kevlar low-frequency drivers
To insure a lifetime of service, we constructed the BX5 D2 monitor's 5" low-frequency driver from woven Kevlar. Kevlar's high mechanical and thermal resilience makes it ideal for use in speaker cones. Our engineers also created a curved conical design that improves room dispersion. High-damping reliable rubber surrounds provide percussive musical bass, and insure that the cone reaches its optimal excursion for accurate reproduction. And our high-temperature voice coils reduce power compression, guaranteeing that your monitors will deliver full performance hour after hour.
Rear-ported cabinet design
The BX5 D2 cabinet is integrally designed with its other components for optimal performance - right down to rounded corners for reduced edge diffraction and superior imaging. The custom rear port is designed to minimize air turbulence and resulting distortion while adding additional low frequency extension.
The Class A/B bi-amplified design dedicates separate power amps to the high and low frequencies - providing ample headroom for even the loudest and most dynamic of mixes. Combined with a finely tuned crossover, the design ensures that each driver only delivers the frequencies that it can reproduce most efficiently, resulting in tonal accuracy and cohesive sound across the entire frequency spectrum.
Find the sweet spot quickly and easily
When monitoring, it's important to sit in the middle position or "sweet spot" between the two speakers - where the stereo image is optimized. BX5 D2 features a pinhole power LED that makes finding the sweet spot easy. You'll know you're in the right listening position when the BX5 D2 power LEDs appear to be brightest.
- Bi-amplified design with 70 watts of distributed power for cohesive, accurate sound
- 5" low-frequency drivers with Kevlar cones for rich, defined lows
- 1" high-frequency drivers with natural silk domes and integrated waveguides for smooth, clear highs
- Optimized rear ports for extended low-frequency response
- Magnetic shielding eliminates interference with other electronic equipment
- XLR balanced and 1/4" balanced/unbalanced inputs for connecting mixers, amplifiers, instruments, DJ gear, and more
- Volume control
- Includes two isolation pads
- Frequency Response: 56Hz - 22kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 3 kHz
- Low-Frequency Amp Power: 40 Watts
- High-Frequency Amp Power: 30 Watts
- Maximum Signal-To-Noise (Dynamic Range): >100 dB (Typical A-Weighted)
- Polarity: Positive Signal at + Input Produce Outward LF Cone Displacement
- Input Impedance: 20k ohms Balanced, 10k ohms Unbalanced
- Input Sensitivity: 85 mV Pink Noise Input Produces 90 dBA Output SPL at one meter with volume control at maximum
- Power: 115V @ 50/60 Hz or 230V @ 50/60 Hz
- Protection: RF Interference, Output Current Limiting, Over Temperature, Turn On/Off Transient, Subsonic Filter, External Mains Fuse
- Cabinet: Vinyl-Laminted MDF
- Diameters: 7.7" x 7" x 10"
- Weight: 5Kg
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.