Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 USB 2.0 Audio Interface
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 USB 2.0 Audio InterfaceDetails
The Scarlett 18i8 extends the popular Scarlett range of audio interfaces from Focusrite, each of which offers a series of high quality inputs and outputs for almost every recording requirement. The Scarlett 18i8 18-in / 8-out USB 2.0 audio interface is designed for producers / recording artists / bands who require the ability to record a significant number of sources at the same time. This interface includes Red 2 & 3 Plug-in Suite accurately modelled on Focusrite's classic Red 2 equalizer and Red 3 compressor hardware.
Product Ref: 36260
- Includes Red 2 & Red 3 Plug-In Suite worth 229 GBP
- 18 In / 8 Out USB Interface
- 4 Award Winning Mic Preamps
- 2 Independent Headphone Outputs
- With Individual Level Controls
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Red 2 & 3 Plug-Ins
The Red 2 equalizer and Red 3 compressor included plug-ins are accurate models of Focusrite's classic hardware. Coveted by producers and engineers for their unrivalled clarity and versatility, the original units are proud fixtures in some of the most renowned recording studios the world over. Now, the Red 2 and Red 3 Plug-In Suite lets you exploit the famous natural sound of the originals, conveniently from within your DAW of choice. Click here for more information on how to download.
18 Inputs & 8 Outputs
The Scarlett 18i8 is Focusrite's first interface to include four of their award winning mic preamps with up to 60dB gain. With an 18 in and 8 out I/O configuration the 18i8 is a powerful and versatile piece of gear with everything you need for home multitrack recording without the need for breakout cables. The first two inputs offer Mic/Line/Instrument on universal XLR/TRS while three and four offer Mic/Line capability on XLR/TRS - all four of these with pads and 48v phantom power. Four more line inputs are provided on TRS connectors. An ADAT optical digital connector provides eight additional digital inputs that can also be used with external mic pres such as the Focusrite OctoPre Mk II to increase the number of microphone inputs the 18i8 can handle to 12. A stereo S/PDIF coaxial input is also included.
On the output side, there are two TRS monitor outputs, stereo S/PDIF coax, and two independent stereo headphone outputs, each with their own volume knob so artist and engineer can control their own personal monitoring. All analogue I/O have their own connectors, so no breakout cables are required and all feature Focusrite precision 24bit/96kHz sampling A/D and D/A conversion to get the most accurate signal possible into and out of DAWs / recording applications on Windows®, Mac® and now iOS® recording apps.
User Friendly, Intuitive Design
The Scarlett's rugged metal unibody chassis means that whether you're at home or on the go you can count on this interface to withstand any impacts sustained. The Scarlett 18i8 is designed to be simple and user friendly. Unique gain halos help you safeguard your levels. They make it crystal clear when you have a good signal for recording - when they are green you're good when they are red you should turn your gain down. A large main monitor control knob keeps your volume levels right at your fingertips.
Powerful Software Bundle
Scarlett MixControl provides a DSP mixer with flexible routing capabilities, intuitive one-click presets, and lower than 1.4 ms latency. The Scarlett 6i6 also includes the Scarlett Plug-in Suite (Compression, Gating, EQ and Reverb for tracking and mixing), Ableton Live Lite, Loopmasters sample content and the Novation Bass Station analogue modelling synth plug-in.
To compare the features of all the Focusrite Scarlett range interfaces please download the comparison chart below on the PDF below.
- Four award-winning Focusrite mic pres
- 18 inputs, 8 outputs
- Two headphone outputs with separate level controls
- Rugged metal unibody chassis
- High quality 24bit/96KHz audio interface for Mac, PC and iPad*
- Unique gain halos enable visual level monitoring
- Scarlett MixControl ultra low-latency DSP mixer and router
- Main monitor control with mute function
- Includes the Scarlett Plug-in Suite (Compression, Gating, EQ and Reverb for tracking and mixing), Ableton Live Lite, Loopmasters sample content and the Novation Bass Station analogue modelling synth plug-in *(via Apple Camera Connection Kit ? not included)
The product price includes a one year warranty and 28 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 28 days to 90 days (terms apply after 28 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 28 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under The Consumer Contracts (information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
Once the product is delivered, you have 28 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.