Alesis iO2 Express 24-bit USB Audio Interface
Alesis iO2 Express 24-bit USB Audio InterfaceDetails
Product Ref: 16830View Full Description
Spend another £121.00 to buy on finance Finance from £6.82 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The iO2 Express is a compact, audio-recording interface for home studios and portable recording setups. This two-channel USB device for Mac and PC-based systems allows you to record at up to 24-bit resolution for input into virtually all DAW, recording, and performance software. It's small enough to comfortably fit into your mobile recording rig, laptop bag, or backpack, while featuring high-quality components and circuitry suitable for the studio.
Flexible Recording and Playback
The iO2 Express boasts discrete-design preamplifiers and true 48-volt phantom power to let you capture microphones' complete signal. It has high quality analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog converters, allowing for the finest details to be recorded and played back on your monitoring system. With a simple plug-and-play design you can use the iO2 EXPRESS with virtually any computer.
Power from your Computer
You won't need an additional power supply, because the iO2 express is powered by USB bus. The interface's performance is optimised for minimal laptop battery drain, meaning you'll be able to record long sessions away from the desktop.
iO Inputs and Outputs
- Two input channels. Each channel has an XLR microphone input, a 1/4" TRS insert for external effects units, and a 1/4" TS jack which works with line-level sources and can accommodate direct connection of guitars.
- Single USB cable. The interface sends and receives two audio channels on a single USB cable for great simplicity.
- Dual 1/4" Balanced Outputs. Monitor your sessions on any studio monitoring or other loudspeaker system via dual 1/4" balanced outputs.
- 1/4" TRS headphone output. For remote tracking and alternative playback.
- MIDI In and Out jacks. Play and control software with keyboard and pad controllers, workstations, and other MIDI-compatible instruments.
- Gain trim control for each channel
- Master level control for optimal gain staging.
- Dedicated volume control for headphone monitoring.
- Tricolor, stereo metering tree and lighted status indicators lets you visually monitor levels and operation.
Steinberg Cubase LE Software Included
The iO2 Express comes complete with a copy of Steinberg Cubase LE digtal audio workstation (DAW) software. Cubase is one of the most popular DAWs in the world thanks to its intuitive approach to composing, recording, editing and mixing. In addition to the included software, the iO2 EXPRESS is compatible with virtually all audio and MIDI software.
- Two-channel computer audio recording interface
- Record up to 24-bit, 48 kHz audio into virtually any software
- Monitor sessions with balanced studio monitor and headphone outputs
- High-quality A/D and D/A converters, discrete-design preamps, 48V phantom power
- Inputs for microphones, line-level sources, and instruments including guitars
- Tricolor stereo level meter and lighted status indicators for visual monitoring
- MIDI Input and Output jacks for playing and controlling software with instruments
- USB bus powered - no external power supply needed
- Mac: OS X 10.6, 10.7, 10.8
- Windows: XP, Vista, 7, or 8
- USB port
- MIC/LINE IN to USB OUT: ±0.1dB
- MIC/LINE IN to MAIN OUT (through ADC/DAC): ±0.35dB
Signal-To-Noise Ratio (SNR)
- MIC/LINE IN (balanced) to INSERT OUT: 110dB A-weighted, input impedance at XLR or 1/4" jack = 600 Ohms
- GUITAR IN (unbalanced) to INSERT OUT: 99dB A-weighted, input impedance at 1/4" jack = 600 Ohms
- MIC/LINE IN (balanced) to USB OUT: 99dB A-weighted, input impedance at MIC or LINE jack = 600 Ohms
- GUITAR IN (unbalanced) to USB OUT: 94dB A-weighted, input impedance at 1/4" jack = 600 Ohms
- MIC/LINE IN (balanced) to MAIN OUT (through ADC/DAC): 97dB A-weighted, input impedance at MIC or LINE jack = 600 Ohms
- MIC/LINE IN (balanced) to MAIN OUT (through direct monitor): 95dB A-weighted, input impedance at MIC or LINE jack = 600 Ohms
Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise (THD+N)
- MIC/LINE IN (balanced) to INSERT OUT: <0.001 Input Gain = minimum, 1KHz input signal, INSERT OUT = 5.7dBV
- GUITAR IN (unbalanced) to INSERT OUT: 0.034 Input Gain = minimum, 1KHz input signal, INSERT OUT = 5.3dBV
- MIC/LINE IN (balanced) to USB OUT: 0.003 Input Gain = minimum, 1KHz input signal, USB OUT = -0.3dBFS
- GUITAR IN (unbalanced) to USB OUT: 0.034 Input Gain = minimum, 1KHz input signal, USB OUT = -0.7dBFS
- MIC/LINE IN (balanced) to MAIN OUT (through ADC/DAC): 0.005 Input Gain = minimum, 1KHz input signal, MAIN OUT = 5.6dBV
- MIC/LINE IN (balanced) to MAIN OUT (through direct monitor): 0.006 Input Gain = minimum, 1KHz input signal, MAIN OUT = 5.6dBV
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 3 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 3 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.