Adam ARTist 5 Active Studio Monitor, Single
Adam ARTist 5 Active Studio Monitor, SingleDetails
Product Ref: 84920View Full Description
Buy on finance from £9.94 per month Finance from £9.94 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The Adam ARTist 5 delivers the latest X-ART technology from Adam audio, featuring a custom X-ART tweeter with dual built-in amplifiers. The X-ART tweeter utilises Adam Audio’s exclusive, custom X-ART technology which uses new methods of construction to ensure the best possible audio fidelity. The X-ART design eliminates the piston-like motion of conventional drivers, with the X-ART diaphragm pressing air faster for a superior motor operation. This results in a better audio performance, delivering an extended high-frequency range that remains flat and transparent.
5.5” HexaCone Woofer
The 5.5” HexaCone woofer features a honeycomb Nomex core structure that results in the monitor being extremely lightweight yet stiff. Either side of the cone is coated with Kevlar, for optimal reliability, withstanding elongation and minimising deformation. The woofer itself is also ultra-light and comprised from Carbon, Rochacell and Glass fibres for an excellent transient response. The woofer is also matched with the other drivers so they work in unison to deliver and flat and transparent frequency response.
PWM & A/B Amplifier
The ADAM ARTist 5 Studio Monitor features custom dual built-in amplifiers to match the X-ART tweeter for an upgraded audio performance. The ultra-low distortion the amplifiers deliver ensures optimal audio quality with an excellent damping factor. In addition to the A/B amplifier, the ARTist 5 also includes a PWM amplifier for the woofer that provides low-distortion amplification with extended volume levels. The unparalleled authenticity and clarity further accentuates the frequency response of both drivers, delivering impressive clarity with a rich and deep sound.
Design & Connectivity
The ADAM ARTist 5 Active Studio Monitor’s diaphragm is constructed from a mixture of carbon fibre, Rochachell and Glass Fibre material providing exceptional transient response even at higher sound levels. The highly compact design, makes the ARTist 5 Studio Monitor once of the most portable and lightweight monitors on the market, ideal for home recording and project studios. The front panel of the monitor features level controls and a 3.5mm input for headphones and other connections. Attenuation controls including tweeter gain, low and high shelf features allow you to adapt to any acoustic environment for optimal audio accuracy. Analog XLR and RCA inputs are also included as well as a digital USB connection for easy connectivity to your computer. The integrated M6 rigging points allow you to mount the speakers to the wall with ease and the directional sound radiation reduces early reflection on different surfaces for enhanced audio performance.
- 2-Way nearfield active studio monitor
- X-ART tweeter, handmade in Berlin
- The air velocity ratio of 4:1 during the sound generation by folded X-ART membrane
- Ultra-light but extremely dimensionally stable woofer material (Carbon/Rohacell/Glass fiber)
- Vertical 2-way system with 5.5” woofer
- Linear frequency response of 50 Hz to 50 kHz
- Maximum peak sound pressure level per pair in 1 m ≥110 dB
- Simple, stepless room acoustic adjustments over tweeter gain, low and high shelf filters
- Stereolink function (cinch cable contained in the delivery contents)
- Analog XLR, RCA and mini jack as well as digital USB inputs
- Directional sound radiation in vertical plane
- Volume control and on/off switch on the front
- Highly compact cabinet dimensions fit every desktop
- Easily mounted on wall with original ADAM Audio wall mount (optional)
- Number: 1
- Basket: 5.5" (120 mm)
- Voice Coil: 1.5" (25 mm)
- Cone Material: Carbon/Rohacell/Glass Fibre
- Number: 1
- Type: X-ART
- Diaphragm Area: 4 inch² (2420 mm²)
- Equiv. Diaphragm: 2" (56 mm)
- Velocity Transform Ratio: 4:1
- Diaphragm Weight: 0.17 g
- Woofer: 1
- Type: A/B
- Amp. Power RMS/Music: 50 W / 75 W
- Tweeter: 1
- Type: A/B
- Input Sensitivity: -∞ to +14 dB
- High Shelf EQ > 5 kHz: ±6 dB
- Low Shelf EQ ±6 dB
- Tweeter Gain: ±4 dB
- Analog: XLR / RCA / 3.5 mm mini stereo jack
- Digital: USB
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz - 50 kHz
- THD 90 dB / 1 m > 100 Hz: ≤0.6
- Max. SPL with sine wave acoustic 100 Hz to 3 kHz at 1 m ≥98 dB
- Max. SPL per pair at 1 m: ≥106 dB
- Crossover Frequencies: 2800 Hz
- Input Impedance: 10 kOhm
- Panel: Front
- Stereolink: Yes
- Weight: 15.4 lb (7 kg)
- Magnetically Shielded: No
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 11.5" (290 mm) x 7" (175 mm) x 8.5" (220 mm)
- Finish: Black glossy
- Included Accessories: Front cover, Cinch cable for stereolink in black or white, power cord, manual
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.