Akai MPK Mini MK 2 Laptop Production Keyboard
Product Ref: 43320
Akai MPK Mini MK 2 Laptop Production KeyboardDetails
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The MPK Mini MK2 Laptop Production Keyboard keep to its heritage as the ultimate portable keyboard controller. It features an impressive set of controls in the small 25 mini-key frame including an all-new joystick control for pitch and modulation functionality, trigger pads , Note Repeat, a full-size USB connector, and an improved keybed.
The MPK mini is ideal for musicians on the go and desktop producers. This ultra compact keyboard includes a full array of hardware controls letting you record, perform and compose with virtual instruments, effects plugins and DAWs. It features 25 velocity sensitive, synth action keys, a 4 way thumbstick for dynamic pitch and modulation manipulation, 8 backlit velocity sensitive MPC style pads and 8 assignable Q-Link knobs. Plus, two banks expand the number of MPC style pads to 16 for extended creative capabilities.
Creativity On The Go
MPK mini is perfect for quickly laying down your musical ideas. Dedicated Octave Up and Down buttons increase the keyboard to the full melodic range and a sustain pedal input is built in for expressive play. An onboard arpeggiator with adjustable resolution, range and modes makes it easy to create intricate melodic lines with little effort. Plus, MPC Note Repeat and Full Level allow users to access genuine technologies from the MPC workstations.
Plug And Play
The Akai MPK mini requires no software drivers or external power adapter for operation. The keyboard features USB-MIDI and powers up with a single USB connection to your Mac or PC. Four memory banks allow you to store hardware/software presets for quick and easy set up.
MPK mini includes Hybrid 3 - a high def synth that can create anything from fat, retro sounds to edgy modern leads. SONiVOX's Wobble is an electronic music grime synthesizer that features two independent channels of spectral morphing synthesis with harmonic controls, individual filtering, and discrete LFO controls. MPC Essentials, a groove/beat production and sample-triggering software, lets you incorporate genuine MPC workflow into your DAW of choice and extends the power of MPK mini by adding up to 8 pad banks and 4 samples and insert effects per pad. MPC Essentials also runs in standalone mode, so you can start making music without a DAW.
MPK mini MIDI Editor
The MPK mini MIDI Editor software unlocks the true potential of this instrument. The MIDI editor is a powerful preset manager allowing you to customise your hardware and software setup on Mac or PC. Create and tweak presets for your favourite virtual instruments, plugins and DAWs then store them back on your MPK mini. You'll spend less time setting up and more time playing!
- Incorporates 5 years of user feedback for an all-new, enhanced design
- 25 synth-action mini keys
- 4-way thumbstick for dynamic pitch and modulation control
- 8 backlit velocity-sensitive MPC-style pads with Note Repeat & Full Level
- 8 assignable Q-Link knobs for mixing, tweaking plug-ins, and more
- Built-in arpeggiator with adjustable resolution, range, and modes
- Dedicated Octave Up and Octave Down buttons
- Ultra-compact design lets you create anywhere
- USB-powered; no power adapter required
- Full-size sustain pedal input jack
- Comprehensive production software package included: Akai Pro MPC Essentials, SONiVOX Wobble, and Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech (downloads)
- Number of Keys: 25 velocity-sensitive
- Pads: 8 pressure- and velocity-sensitive, light-up MPC-style pads x 2 banks
- Knobs: 8 assignable controller pots
- Computer interface: USB-MIDI communications to Mac/PC
- Programs: 4
- Octaves: 10 with Octave Up and Down
- Arpeggiator: Yes
- Additional Controls: Pitchbend/Mod Joystick, Note Repeat button, Full Level button, Tap Tempo button
- Additional Inputs: (1) 1/4" (6.35mm) TS input for sustain pedal
- Power: USB power via full-size USB jack; no power adapter required
- Dimensions: 12.5" x 7.13" x 1.75"
- Weight: 1.65 lbs
The product price includes a one year warranty and 28 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 28 days to 90 days (terms apply after 28 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 28 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
Once the product is delivered, you have 28 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.