Yamaha THR10X Extreme Guitar Amp
Yamaha THR10X Extreme Guitar AmpDetails
The THR10X is part of the Yamaha THR series designed to provide what many guitarists have been missing, a compact amp that provides cranked amp tone and usable features wholly designed to work in an off-stage setting. With the gain, distortion and response of a high-output stack housed in a compact, stylish case this truly is the little amp with a big rock big tone.
Product Ref: 29966View Full Description
Spend another £25.00 to buy on finance Finance from £6.82 per month
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
The THR series are not just smaller amps. They truly take into account what guitarists are looking for in an off-stage amp and have been designed from the bottom up with this in mind. Yamaha believe that the stage is not the only place where guitarists should expect perfect tone. Every time you play, you want to sound your best and the THR range makes this happen.
The Perfect Third Guitar Amp
Most guitarists have perfected their stage rig and many have that small set-up prepared for rehearsals and small gigs but what about every other time you play? The best guitarists spend hours off-stage practising and why should you have to sacrifice your tone? The THR series aren't just practice amps though. They are the perfect amp for everywhere else you play that's not on stage whether that be at home, with friends or even outside.
Yes, the THR10X is small and compact but that's far from the end of the story. Yamaha considered all the features guitarists were looking for in an off-stage amp and built them all into this nifty THR. High quality stereo playback is amongst these features. The analogue aux and USB connection can be used to listen to audio directly through the amp making play along sessions much easier. Developed with Yamaha's AV division the amp offers true hi-fi stereo sound. The Extended Stereo Technology creates incredible audio depth. The THR10X also has a two-way power supply which operates on AC (PSU supplied) or battery power lasting up to six hours so wherever you want to play the THR10X can go with you!Coming bundled with Steinberg's Cubase AI professional music production application you have access to a wealth of recording and editing options. The amp works as a simple recording interface sending two stereo pairs or recording back to a computer. The clean guitar sound is sent separately from any effects which is how many modern pro studios record and makes the editing process much easier. The free THR Editor, available for download from Yamaha's website, also offers deep editing of amp and effect parameters using a computer. Other user-friendly touches include five user memory slots, tap tempo and chromatic tuner. Also look out for the Yamaha THR Session iPhone app which has a host of useful functions helping you learn songs faster and easier.
Yamaha THR Guitar Amp Sound
From the preamp to the speaker enclosure every single element of this THR amp has been designed to deliver the specific sound you need. Yamaha's Virtual Circuitry Modeling (VCM) technology means you can have the best of both worlds, less volume with cranked amp tone. The VCM doesn't just produce one sound, it models every single part of a larger amp that interact with each other to produce true tone. Turn up the master on this THR10X and it doesn't just get louder, the gain, tone and compression characteristics all change. Add to this, modelled stompbox effects and impressive reverb and delays using technology based on Yamaha's industry standard audio mixers and you have an amp that produces tone so rich you'll never want to stop!
The olive green THR10X is one of the new range of amps added to the THR series designed for those guitarists who want to join the THR concept but already know and understand their specific sound. The THR10X is dialled with a specific tonal direction which focuses on the subtleties and dynamics that can be worlds apart in an experienced player's eyes.
Five different channels from three amps all deliver dynamic, intense distortion. The THR10X perfectly conveys the subtly different distortion characteristics of each amp or channel to give a tone and response perfectly suited to heavier music. With more gain, more distortion and the unmatched response of a high-output stack, the THR10X is definitely an amp made for rock and metal.
- Power I - "Crunch Ch" European 6L6 and 12AX7 tone for powerful, crunch tones with loads of presence.
- Power II - "Lead Ch" European 6L6 and 12AX7 tone with increased bass and gain for thick, smooth leads.
- Brown I - "Crunch Ch" US 6L6 and 12AX7 tone gives clear, clean overdrive with late breakup and great control.
- Brown II - "Lead Ch" US 6L6 and 12AX7 tone with thicker low-mid response and increased gains for articulate lead tones.
- Southern HI - 6550 output tubes and 12AX7-driven preamp with ultra-tight, fast tracking for crushing high-gain.
- Clean - Classic American clean tube amp ? low gain preamp, 6L6 power section and 12-inch speaker with clear, late breakup.
- Bass - High-power all-tube design for dynamic, driving bass tone.
- Flat - Flat response clean input for line sources, tone and effect controls allow shaping of non-guitar sources.
The dark green colour of the THR10X lets you know this is an amp of substance! Its retro style means the amp looks good in any home setting whilst the virtual tube illumination with simulated orange tube glow from the metal speaker grille adds a nice touch. With style and substance this is an amp you'll never want to be without. Prepare to spend a lot more time playing your guitar!
- Amp Types: POWER I, POWER II, BROWN I, BROWN II, SOUTHERN HI, CLEAN, BASS, FLAT
- Spring Reverb
- Hall Reverb
- Noise Gate* (*only available in the THR Editor)
- Guitar Output
- USB/Aux Output
- User Memory Switch x 5
- Tap/Tuner Switch
- Input (Standard Mono Phone)
- Phones (Standard Stereo Phone)
- Aux In (Stereo Mini)
- AC Adapter
- USB Cable
- Stereo Mini Cable
- Owner's Manual
- Cubase AI DVD-ROM
- Chromatic Tuner: Yes
- Speakers: 8cm Full Range x 2
- Rated Output: 10W (5W + 5W)
- Power Source: AC Adaptor EADP-38EB A or UIB345-1530 (Included)
- Battery: AA alkaline batteries (approx. 6 hours) or Nickel-hydride batteries (approx. 7 hours) * Depending upon usage and conditions
- Dimensions: Width 360mm, Height 183.5mm, Depth 140mm
- Weight: 2.8kg
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.