Radial Tonebone Hot British 12AX7 Tube Distortion Pedal
Radial Tonebone Hot British 12AX7 Tube Distortion PedalDetails
The Tonebone Hot British is tube distortion at its best! Fashioned from a modified Marshall double-stack plexy, the Hot British delivers five decades of brute power for everything from scooped-out chunky rhythm to screaming sizzling hot lead tones.
Product Ref: 16732View Full Description
Spend another £74.00 to buy on finance Finance from £6.82 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Based on high-gain amplifier designs, the Hot British employs a triple hybrid gain stage that combines the control and dynamics of solid-state with the warmth and harmonic generation only possible from a real 12AX7 tube. This unique design produces ultra-rich harmonic textures and full-on saturated tube settings without the mud or noise that is typical with other pedals. Listen and you will hear how each note retains its distinctiveness and clarity, right down to the lowest notes.
Switch on the Contour, dial in the interactive EQ and wham! Enter a world where huge, musically rich tones that you never thought possible magically come alive. No other pedal delivers more - no other pedal even comes close!
- Gives you that mega-stack-on-eleven sound!
- Tons of harmonic overtones
- Works equally well for solo and rhythm
- From chunk to metal to power solos
Built like a tank yet small enough to fit on a pedalboard, the Tonebone Hot British is the world?s most compact tube distortion. It is in fact a hybrid that combines the control of a triple-stage solid-state front end with the warmth and natural even harmonic generation of a 12AX7 tube. The tube is mounted on its side to keep the profile low for easy pedal action.
Power for the Hot British is provided by a external 15VDC supply and is regulated and filtered internally to eliminate hum and noise. To further reduce 'self noise', a unique ground plain circuit topology is employed, making the Tonebone Hot British one of the quietest pedals in its class.
Tonebone is also built tough - 14-gauge steel construction reduces stress on the PC board and a baked enamel finish will keep your Tonebone looking great for years!
- Circuit type: Hybrid tube / proprietary circuit
- Tube type: 12AX7 vacuum tube
- Input impedance: 1meg Ohm at input jack
- Output impendence: 10K Ohm
- MID BOOST 3-way switch: Used to fatten up the sound for more cut and sustain during solos. Also, will fatten up the sound of single coil pickups
- High: +12dB @ 620Hz
- Medium: +6dB @ 390Hz
- Bypass: No boost
* Drive control: Used in conjunction with the drive gain switch, drive is used to adjust the overall amount of gain to the overdrive circuit. VOICING * 3-way switch: Allows the user to jump to chunky scooped rhythms in the NOTCH position or huge solos in the FAT position. 1. FAT: Mid-boost - passive filter 2. bypass: Flat 3. NOTCH: Mid-cut - passive filter * Contour control: Used in conjunction with the VOICING selector switch, 'contour' dials-in the mid-center frequency with cut or boost with the switch in the NOTCH or FAT position. * TOP END 3-way switch: Switch sets the overall tonal character of the Classic to best match the amp and settings. Brighter amps are normally compensated with darker settings. 1. Bright: Boosts +6dB @ 10kHz 2. Flat: No boost 3. Dark: Cuts -6dB @ 1.8kHz * HIGH & LOW EQ controls: Unity gain to +15dB - Low: +/- 14.5 db @ 100Hz - High: +/- 10 db @ 4.3kHz * LEVEL control: Used to balance the output level between the input drive without altering any of the tonal characteristics. Works like the master volume on an amplifier. * Footswitch: True bypass with green on/off status LED - Heavy-duty high-cycle switch * LED indicator: Large 3mm OD ultra-bright status LED * Switching: Opto-coupler assisted, 5msec Rise time * Construction: 14 gauge steel, baked enamel finish * Size: 7"w x 4 1/4"d x 2"h (174 x 108 x 51mm) * Weight: 2.15lb (1kg)
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
This offer excludes computer software, in-ear monitors that have been opened, and items supplied to your personal specification.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.