Martin CEO-8 Grand Jumbo Electro Acoustic Guitar, Cherry Burst
Martin CEO-8 Grand Jumbo Electro Acoustic Guitar, Cherry BurstDetails
Product Ref: 56262View Full Description
Buy on finance from £136.52 per month Finance from £136.52 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Sitka Spruce Top & Martin Vintage Tone System
The Martin CEO-8 features a solid sitka spruce top, well regarded for its sweet, smooth and 'all-round' tone with great projection and volume, combined with solid sycamore back and sides. The sitka spruce soundboard will deliver a wide, very usable, dynamic tonal palette. The wood itself is quite elastic in nature, which resonates well whilst remaining strong, and provides a focused, clear sound of deep lows, warm midi-range, and bright singing highs. The Martin Grand Jumbo also features Martin's new Vintage Tone System, VTS is a unique recipe that allows the guitar to project properties of vintage eras. VTS acts like a time machine, enabling Martin's luthiers to target certain periods of time, aging the top and braces to that specific era. The focused VTS method allows Martin's luthiers to recreate not only the pleasing vintage aesthetics but also reproduce the special tones previously reserved for vintage instruments.
Sycamore Back/Sides & Neck Profile
The Martin CEO-8 back and sides are crafted from sycamore, which projects a rich, warm, bright sound with good clean overtones much like maple, but with the punch and elasticity that mahogany holds. The sycamore tone is a beautiful contrast against the sitka spruce VTS top, which provides you with a bright, clean, and extremely melodic tone. The neck is also crafted from solid sycamore and is topped with an ebony fingerboard that provides a bright attack, great sustain, and excellent durability. The neck has a modified low oval shape for comfortable and smooth playability. The ebony fingerboard features 20 frets, unique backslash fingerboard markers, inlaid in mother-of-pearl, which leads to an archtop shape headstock with mother-of-pearl crown inlay. Topped off with gold tuning machine heads with pearloid keystone buttons for a truly stunning Martin aestheitc.
Martin Guitar Playability - ENHANCED
For 183 years, Martin have been at the forefront of guitar innovation and premier craftsmanship, bringing consumers some of the best acoustic guitars possible. The iconic Martin tone is known worldwide and playability has become an important characteristic that sets Martin guitars aside from others within the acoustic world. Martin's manufacturing processes have been perfected by their Plek machines, the Pleking process helps Martin guitars maintain their undeniable tone.
The Plek Pro has been developed for use in guitar production factories as a tool that not only does precise fingerboard dressing, but also helps with quality control. The computer controlled device scans and dresses the guitar under actual playing conditions, strung and tuned to pitch for using precise string tension emulation. This machine has been a major break through over the last decade, as its eye for detail identifies exactly what needs to be done for perfect fretwork. The Plek Pro delivers you with perfect results, raises the quality of the instrument, and gives you a beautifully toned, easy to play acoustic guitar.
Grand Jumbo Body
The Martin CEO-8 wears a grand jumbo body shape which provides the biggest sound and widest frequency of all Martin models. The shape has great distinction between bass and treble response due to curvature. The shape also provides a well-balanced soundboard and provides a comfortable playing experience for players more comfortable with bigger bodied guitars.
The high quality Martin Grand Jumbo is finished with a whole load of ornate details, specifically unique to Martin. The CEO-8 features a beautiful floral and bird pickguard design which boasts quality craftsmanship and creativity. Other quality features of the Martin CEO-8 include: style 45 purfling, black boltaron binding, modified 30's style bridge in solid black ebony, compensated white tusq saddle, gold tuners with pearloid keystone buttons, a red tortoise pickguard with purple Martin design, a two ring rosette with select abalone and a high-grade polished gloss custom cherry burst finish. An exclusive interior label, numbered and signed by C.F. Martin IV is also featured, adding to the already high value of this beautiful instrument.
Stage Ready D-Tar Electronics
A D-Tar Multi-Source pickup system is included with the Martin CEO-8 wich combines the popular Wave-Length system with a condenser microphone for versatility, flexibility and natural sound. The microphone is housed in a special absorbent visco-elastic polymer shock mount for optimal isolation, and features two low profile knobs for master and microphone volume to dial in 'air' and control feedback.
A new Martin Vintage Tone System is included with the CEO-8, based on the historic torrefaction system. VTS allows Martin to target certain time periods and age the top/braces to that era, allowing for the recreation of pleasing vintage aesthetics in addition to the reproduction of special tones previously reserved for vintage instruments.
- Martin Vintage Tone System projects tones from other eras perfectly
- Grand Jumbo body provides enormous well-balanced voice
- Enhanced playability Plek Pro provides precise fret dressing
- On-board preamp makes for stage ready instrument ideal for the gigging guitarist
Body & Bridge
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: 17'' Grand J-14 Fret
- Top: VTS Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Two Ring - Multiple B/W Fiber w/ Select Abalone
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'', Progressively Scalloped Tone Bars
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid Sycamore
- Back Purfling: Style 45
- Side Material: Solid Sycamore
- Endpiece: Black Boltaron
- Endpiece Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Binding: Black Boltaron
- Top Inlay Style: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- Side Inlay: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- Back Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss w/ Custom Cherry Burst
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss w/ Custom Cherry Burst
- Finish Neck: Polished Gloss w/ Custom Cherry Burst
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Modified 30's Style w/ Drop-In Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-3/16''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/White Tusq
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Solid Sycamore
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval w/ PA Taper
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Archtop Shape
- Headplate: Black Corian w/ MOP (The Martin) w/ Crown Inlay
- Heelcap: Black Boltaron w/ Multiple B/W Inlay
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Number Of Frets Clear: 14
- Number Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: MOP Backslash Design
- Tuning Machines: Gold w/ Pearloid Keystone Buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
- Bridge & End Pins: Bone w/ Paua Pearl Dots
- Pickguard: Faux Red Tortoise w/ Purple Martin Design
- Case: 593 Geib Style
- Interior Label: Signed by CFM IV - Numbered in Sequence w/o Total
- Electronics: D-Tar Wave-Length Multi-Source
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.