View Full Description
With any Gibson guitar, they always make they offer a quality product to their customers. This includes making sure the fit and finish are as clean as possible to ensure you receive the best experience. With the new 2016 Songwriter, Gibson have used a new sandpaper and polishing compounds for the best finish on all tonewood surfaces. They have also improved the fingerboard edge by making it smoother, therefore allowing your fingers to glide freely and achieve a natural feel.
Another great improvement is the newly introduced Plek technology from Germany. The benefits of this new technology create the finest playing surface possible, and ensure the frets always give you an optimum playing experience.
A Quality Tone
The Songwriter provides a supreme tonal quality. First introduced in 2003, it combines Gibson's time-honoured bracing patterns of the 1930's with the original dreadnought shape. The stunning Sitka Spruce to and Rosewood back and sides gives the Songwriter a rich midrange with plenty of high end definition, making sure each individual note is heard. This benefits guitarists who use a lot of dynamics or enjoys a fingerpicking style, as it lets every nuance of your playing come through. Another great feature of the tonewood is that the residual is so long you can hear it ringing for a while after playing a note.
The Gibson Songwriter Studio Cutaway is also available in a standard full body model, however this model allows easier access to the higher frets by incorporating a cutaway into its design.
Fishman Prefix Plus-T Electronics
The Prefix Plus-T onboard preamp features ultra-quiet electronics along with volume, bass, treble, built-in tuner and semi-parametric contour controls in an easy accessible sidemount. In addition, the Prefix Plus-T also offers a brilliance control, phase switch and notch filter to help fight feedback, the built-in chromatic tuner can also be used without plugging in the guitar. Overall, this clever system delivers a robust, lively, and open sound with great dynamics and a delicate high end.
- Truss Rod Cover: New 2016 engraved truss rod cover
- Fishman Prefix Plus-T for ultimate plug and play ease
- Includes black hardshell case for safely transporting your guitar to gigs
- Fingerboard edge is softened to comfortably fit the contour of the player's hand
- Smooth hand rubbed and oiled fingerboard and bridge
- Cutaway design offers greater access to the higher frets
- Ornate Mother of Pearl Parallelograms along the fingerboard
- Premium Setup and Good Quality
- Crafted from sitka spruce combined with rosewood body
- Radiused top with scalloped bracing for projection and resonance
Body & Bridge
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Back Material: Rosewood
- Bridge: Rosewood with Tusq saddle
- Finish Colour: Antique Natural
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Profile:Round
- Fingerboard Radius:30.48 cm / 12 "
- Number of Frets: 20
- Inlay: Mother of Pearl Paralellogram
- Truss Rod:Single Action
- Nut Material: Tusq
- Nut Width:4.38 cm / 1.725"
Electronics & Hardware
- Electronics: Fishman Prefix Plus-T
- Output Jack Style: 1/4" mono
- Tuning Keys: Gold Grover Rotomatics
- Tuning Ratio:14:01
- Pick Guard Style: Custom Line Tortoise
- Case: Black Hard Shell Case
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.