Gibson SG Special HP Electric Guitar, Satin Vintage Sunburst (2017)
Gibson SG Special HP Electric Guitar, Satin Vintage Sunburst (2017)Details
Product Ref: 79267View Full Description
Buy on finance from £24.55 per month Finance from £24.55 per month
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Vintage Looks, Ultra-Modern Performance
Based on the same vintage architecture as its more traditional counterpart, the SG Special 2017 HP starts from classic Gibson origins and dives straight into our latest innovations. The SG Special 2017 HP combines what Gibson does best: tradition and Innovation, it gives you the best of both worlds in one superb looking instrument with supercharged premium features. Equipped with classic SG features including double-cutaway design, black pickguard, mother of pearl inlays, a rosewood fingerboard, and many more.
Slim Taper Neck
The SG Special HP Electric guitar features a slim tapered neck, that is perfect for players with smaller hands, or younger players. Its slim tapered mahogany makes it easier and more ergonomic to reach certain chords, as it allows the players fingers to be perpendicular to the fretboard, overall giving you more accuracy and clarity. As well as providing fluid hand flexibility, the mahogany neck is fused to the mahogany body using a mortise an tenon joint, and a provides a fast-access neck heel for playing fast solos.
'498T & 490R Humbuckers
Gibson’s 498T and 490R pickups deliver the traditional tones of the original PAF pickups of the late 1950s, with a few upgrades for the modern player. These pickups utilise wax potting, which does away with any air space inside the pickup, lessening the chances of microphonic feedback and providing a perfect tone. The result is a humbucker with the tonal characteristics of an original PAF, with a slight increase in upper mid-range response.
Combined, the 490R and 498T make one of the most versatile humbucking pickup sets available, delivering everything from funky to greasy, depending upon amp and effects settings. When selected individually, the neck position offers juicy, warm vocal tones with perfect clarity, while the bridge position offers everything from bright jangle through a clean amp, to wailing overdrive with sustain through a high-gain amp.
G Force Auto-Tuning System
All Gibsons High Performance range now feature the G force self tuning system. This innovative system works by a mechanical device that is secured to the headstock. Each machine head contains a small servo motor that can wind the string up or down. Simply push the on button and strum to see this device in action and perfectly tune your guitar. Not only does the G force tuning system provide standard tunings, it also offers alternate and custom tunings, tuning to instruments that are in tune with themselves but not to concert pitch, adding pitch offsets to individual strings, and tuning with a capo. Powered by a rechargeable battery, the G force system provides up to 100 tunings on one single charge, and also allows for manual tuning.
Titanium Zero-Fret Adjustable Nut
The Zero-Fret Adjustable Nut is a superior nut design in Gibson’s High-Performance series of guitars, due to its exceptional adjustability to match various playing styles. This innovative Nut benefits from an all-titanium construction for extreme durability, and a retaining screw so the nut stays in place when you change strings. Like with bridge adjustments, the Zero-Fret Nut allows you to adjust the height and angle, for the optimum feel.
Aluminium Tune-O-Matic Bridge
The Aluminium Tune-O-Matic bridge, is an extremely popular fixed bridge type due to its stability, reliability, comfortable playing position and impressive sustain. Adjusting the string action and intonation is extremely simple with a tune-o-matic bridge, as you simply adjust the height of the bridge with the mounting rods to alter the action, and screw the bridge saddles in or out to achieve perfect intonation.
- 490R and 498T Humbuckers Provde Classic PAF-Style Tones
- Includes Gibson’s High Performance Padded Gigbag for Portability and Storage
- Slim Taper Maple Neck Profile Offers a Comfortable Play
- G Force Tuner is an Incredibly Quick and Easy Auto-Tuning System
- Aluminium TOM Bridge and Stop Bar Create Excellent String Resonance
- A Lightweight Mahogany Body Offers the Ultimate Comfort
- Mahogany Neck and Rosewood Fingerboard Deliver Bright Characteristics
- Includes Strap, and a Polishing Cloth
Body & Bridge
- Series: Core HP
- Style: SG
- Body: Mahogany
- Bridge: Aluminium Tune-o-Matic w/Steel Locking Thumbwheels
- Tailpiece: Aluminium Stop Bar w/Steel Locking Studs
- Construction: Set-In
- Finish: Satin Vintage Sunburst
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Mahogany
- Profile: Slim Taper
- Width: 1.745"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Scale Length: 24.75”
- Frets: 24 Polished
- Nut: Titanium Zero-Fret Adjustable Nut
- Heel: Fast-Access
- Inlays: Mother of Pearl Small Blocks
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge Pickup: 490R Humbucker
- Neck Pickup: 498T Humbucker
- Controls: 2x Volumes/2x Tones/1x Aviation Grade Toggle Switch
- Tuning Machines: G Force w/Improved Gears
- Control knobs: Knurled UFO
- Saddles: Titanium
- Pickguard: SG Style White
- Hardware: Chrome
- Case: HP Padded Gigbag
- Accessories: Strap/Polishing Cloth
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.