View Full Description
Like the most revered Les Paul Standards of all time, this Les Paul Studio '60s Tribute Darkback starts with the classic tonewood combination of a mahogany body with solid carved maple top. Together, these woods offer outstanding tonal depth and richness from the mahogany, with superb clarity and "snap" from the maple. In this model, the strategic placement of several tone chambers enhances resonance while also reducing the guitar's overall weight.
Even in this more affordable instrument from Gibson USA, the glued-in solid-mahogany neck is cut to the superior "quarter-sawn" grain orientation for greater strength and optimum resonance transfer between neck and body. A lack of body and fingerboard binding help to emphasize the no-nonsense approach of this Studio model, but a traditional pickguard and acrylic trapezoidal inlays in the guitar's Baked Maple fingerboard (a hard-wearing, heat-treated hardwood) keep it entirely in the Les Paul family, visually.
To equip the Les Paul Studio '60s Tribute Darkback with timeless tones, Gibson USA loads it with a pair of P-90s, Gibson's legendary, fat single-coil pickups made with genuine Alnico V magnets just like the originals. Offering thick, throaty tones in the neck position and plenty of snarl in the bridge, both pickups exhibit the characteristic slightly gritty bite and edge that has made the P-90 a favorite of blues and rock players for more than six decades.
They are wired through the traditional complement of three-way selector switch and an independent volume and tone control for each pickup, with a high-quality Orange Drop .022uF tone cap on each tone pot. A Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece help to ensure solid sustain and precise intonation, while vintage-style TonePros tuners maintain a traditional look while offering superbly smooth performance. Add it all up, and the Les Paul Studio '60s Tribute Darkback offers outstanding performance and a classic look at a great price.
Body & Bridge:
- Top: Maple
- Back: Mahogany
- Bridge: Nashville Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece: Stop Bar
- Pickguard: Aged Cream with P-90 Cutaways
- Species: Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Baked Maple
- Frets: 22
- Radius: 12"
- Nut/E.O.B: 1.695"/2.260"
- Inlays: Figured Acrylic Trapezoids
Pickups & Hardware:
- Pickup - Neck Position: P-90
- Pickup - Bridge Position: P-90
- Tuners: Vintage Tuners with Perloid Buttons
- Strings: .010 - .046, Genuine Gibson strings
- Strap Buttons: Aluminum
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under The Consumer Contracts (information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- Headphones and In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.