Gibson LG-2 American Eagle Acoustic Guitar
Gibson LG-2 American Eagle Acoustic GuitarDetails
The Gibson LG-2 American Eagle Acoustic Guitar features a stunning sitka spruce top, with a mahogany body, offering a broad dynamic range with an earthy voice. Equipped with an L.R. Baggs Element Active Acoustic Pickup System, the LG-2 yields a robust, lively and natural acoustic voice with excellent dynamics, that is ideal for larger audiences. The LG-2 also includes mini nickel grover tuners which not only improve tuning stability, but also eliminate any slippage. Additional features include scalloped X-bracing for a enhanced sound and strength, as well as mother of pearl dots along the rosewood fingerboard. Includes black hardshell case for transportation and storage.
Product Ref: 78232View Full Description
Buy on finance from £36.84 per month Finance from £36.84 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Sitka Spruce Top, Mahogany Back and Sides
Sitka spruce is the perfect choice for the top wood on the LG-2 due to its straight, uniform grain, longevity and tensile strength. Using sitka spruce offers a perfect soundboard, and generates a broad dynamic range that can accommodate many different playing styles. Combined with mahogany back and sides, the LG-2 American Eagle offers a beautiful tone with the highest quality that you would expect from a Gibson guitar. Mahogany offers a rich, thick present midrange and an earthy voice that is especially used in blues and bluegrass music. As well as a superb tone, the choice of mahogany also offers a beautiful grain and adds to the overall visual impact of the acoustic guitar.
L.R. Baggs Element Active Acoustic Pickup System
The LG-2 American Eagle comes equipped with the popular Element Active Acoustic Pickup System from L.R. Baggs, which features a low-profile undersaddle transducer that's proven more stable and durable than many standard ribbon-type pickups. Combined with an onboard preamp with an unobtrusive and removable volume control mounted just inside the Soundhole, the Element delivers performance not previously attainable from an undersaddle pickup. Its sleek and effective design removes unnecessary internal components to enhance the coupling between the pickup and the guitar. This also improves the sensitivity of the transducer for a robust, lively, and natural acoustic sound with excellent dynamics and delicate high end. The Element works with a standard 9V battery, which is housed inside the guitar in L.R. Bagg's new "Battery Bagg."
As with many of Gibson's acoustic range, the LG-2 features traditional scalloped x-bracing. This particular type of bracing consists of two braces forming an 'X' shape across the soundboard which not only enhances the sound and offers a balanced tone, but also provides a reinforced sturdy structure.
Mini Nickel Grover Tuners
Grover's mini tuners are an engineering marvel, Taking the original design and making them smaller to create plenty of space between each tuner for easy tuning. With a gear ratio of 14:1, the tuners deliver precision tuning that will keep the guitar sounding perfect for an enhanced playing experience. Each tuner is enclosed in a durable housing that provides maximum protection for the gear and string post to keep you playing for as long as possible. Each moving part is cut for exact meshing to eliminate the possibility of slippage, while a countersunk tension screw lets players regulate the tuning tension to any degree. A special lubricant inside the gear box provides smooth and accurate tuning stability.
- Handcrafted using the classic tonewoods of Sitka spruce and mahogany
- The headstock is crowned with modern Mini Grover tuners
- Hand bound rosette is made of multi-ply double ring trim for a beautiful traditional look
- Traditional tear drop tortoise pickguard
- Fingerboard edge is softened to comfortably fit the contour of the player's hand
- Equipped with LR Baggs™ Element VTC for ultimate plug and play ease
- Finer grit sandpaper and polishing compounds for high gloss finish
- Utilizing state-of-the-art German engineered Plek technology to create the finest playing surface possible. Hand finished for the world's finest feel and playability
- Smoother hand rubbed and oiled fingerboard and bridges: New penetrating and finishing oil last longer and maximizes woods natural vibrancy
Body & Bridge
- Body Style: LG-2
- Top: Sitka Spruce
- Back and Side: Mahogany
- Binding: Multi-Ply Top, 1-Ply Bottom
- Bridge: Rosewood Traditional Belly Up
- Bracing: Traditional Scalloped X
- Construction: Compound Dovetail Secured
- Finish: Antique Natural
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Slim Taper
- Scale: 24.75”
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Radius: 12”
- Truss Rod: Single Action
- Inlay: Mother of Pearl Dots
- Frets: 19
- Nut: Tusq
- Width at Nut: 1.725”
Electronics & Hardware
- Preamp: L.R. Baggs Element VTC
- Tuners: Mini Nickel Grover Rotomatics
- Saddle: Tusq
- Truss Rod Cover: Black/White
- Strap Buttons: End Pin Jack
- Hardware: Nickel
- Strings: Light Gauge .012 - .053
- Included Case: Gibson Black Hardshell
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.