View Full Description
A Rock'N'Roll Powerhouse of a Guitar
The 2017 Explorer T delivers raw power, scorching tones, and extreme sustain, all wrapped in an iconic design that's as rebellious as rock itself. Beneath the Explorer's aggression and brute sonic force lies the subtler qualities that make a Gibson such a special guitar: superb playing comfort, extreme speed, and the confidence of utmost quality. Crafted in the image of the original radical Explorer body style, using select solid mahogany, the Explorer T is truly a piece of rock weaponry that can do it all.
496R and 496T Pickups Produce Powerful PAF-Style Tones
The Gibson Explorer T Electric Guitar is equipped with a set of 496 high-gain humbuckers which produce an incredible sustain and cutting power with its ceramic magnet, adding more highs with increased definition and no muddiness at all. The 496R is very high output, aggressively voiced neck pickup, with a great, cutting tone and exceptional sustain.
Explorer Slim Taper Neck
No guitar neck profiles are more distinguishable than the neck profiles employed on the Gibson models of today, as they all offer optimum playability and comfort. The Gibson's Explorer features a mahogany explorer slim taper neck, which is a hybrid neck profile similar to the '50s rounded contour and the '60s slim-taper profile. As with all Gibson necks, this mahogany neck is machined in Gibson's rough mill using wood shapers to make the initial cuts. Once the rosewood fingerboard is glued on, the rest, including the final sanding is all done by hand, adding to the overall prestige of this stunning instrument. That means there are no two necks with the exact same dimensions. So while it still has the basic characteristics of its respective profile, each neck will be slightly different, with a distinct but traditional feel.
Angled Headstock Increases String Pressure
The angled headstock featured on this guitar is another example of Gibson's industry-changing way of thinking and quality. All Gibson headstocks are carved out of the same piece of mahogany as the neck, and then fitted with Gibson's traditional wing blocks. The headstock is also carefully angled at 17 degrees, which increases pressure on the strings and helps them stay in the nut slots. In addition, an increase in string pressure also means there is no loss of string vibration between the nut and the tuners, which equals better sustain and an overall smooth play.
TekToid Nut For an Enhanced Tone
Gibson has recently begun using TekToid graphite nuts on all of the new guitars they build, as it offers increased harmonics in the middle and upper frequency range perfect for a rich and detailed tone. TekToid Graphite is the best high-tech cure for eliminating undesirable friction within the nut, which can cause tuning problems. It is the ideal choice for a guitar nut, as it has excellent conductive qualities, which overall benefit a guitar’s tone and sustain.
Aluminium Tune-O-Matic Bridge
As with many of the new Gibson models, the 2017 Explorer T Electric Guitar also features an Aluminium Tune-O-Matic bridge. This type of bridge is an extremely popular fixed bridge due to its stability, reliability, comfortable playing position and impressive sustain. Adjusting the string action and intonation is extremely simple with a tune-o-matic bridge, as you simply adjust the height of the bridge with the mounting rods to alter the action, and screw the bridge saddles in or out to achieve perfect intonation.
- 496R and 496T Pickups Produce Powerful, High Gain PAF-Style Tones
- Includes Gibson’s Classic Explorer Hardshell Case for Portability and Storage
- Explorer Slim Taper Neck Profile Offers a Comfortably Smooth Play
- Mini Grover Tuners Offer Quick and Easy Tuning
- Aluminium TOM Bridge and Stop Bar Create Excellent String Resonance
- A Lightweight Mahogany Body Offers the Ultimate Comfort
- Mahogany Neck and Rosewood Fingerboard Deliver Strong Midrange Attack
- Includes Premium Leather Strap, Gibson’s Multi-Tool, and a Polishing Cloth
Body & Bridge
- Series: Core T
- Style: Explorer
- Body: Mahogany
- Bridge: Aluminium Tune-O-Matic w/Steel Thumbwheels
- Tailpiece: Aluminium Stop Bar w/Steel Posts
- Construction: Set-In
- Finish: Ebony
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Mahogany
- Profile: Explorer Slim Taper
- Width: 1.695"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Scale Length: 24.75”
- Frets: 22 Polished
- Nut: Tektoid
- Heel: Traditional
- Inlays: Acrylic Dots
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge Pickup: 496T Humbucker
- Neck Pickup: 496R Humbucker
- Controls: 2x Volume/Tone/Toggle Switch
- Tuning Machines: Mini Grover
- Control knobs: Black Speed
- Hardware: Chrome
- Case: Classic Gibson Explorer Hardshell
- Accessories: Premium Leather Strap, Gibson’s Multi-Tool, and a Polishing Cloth
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.