Universal Audio Apollo 16
Universal Audio Apollo 16Details
The Universal Audio Apollo 16 MkII Thunderbolt Audio Interface is a powerful new updated version of the UAD flagship Apollo interface. Featuring 16 analog I/O, state-of-the-art next generation A/D and D/A converters, and ultra-low latency digital signal processing with the onboard UAD-2 QUAD Core DSP. The UAD Apollo 16 MKII is a professional 18 x 20 audio interface offers premium sonic performance in a single convenient unit. Additionally, the UAD Apollo 16 MkII is now compatible with Windows 10 systems.
Special Offer: For a limited time only (until December 31st), Universal Audio are offering customers who purchase the Apollo 16 a chance to claim a UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt OCTO DSP Accelerator (worth 1081 GBP) - absolutely free. To claim your accelerator simply register your Apollo 16 on the Universal Audio website.
Product Ref: 58464View Full Description
Buy on finance from £73.60 per month Finance from £73.60 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
Free UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt OCTO DSP Accelerator
Up until December 31st 2017, Universal Audio are offering customers the chance to claim a UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt OCTO DSP Accelerator for absolutely free. All you have to do to claim your free accelerator is buy and register your Apollo 16 on the Universal Audio website. Once you have finished registering your product, you can then fill in your necessary details and claim your UAD-2 DSP Accelerator. The OCTO DSP Accelerator provides a way to 'supercharge' your Thunderbolt interface. This allows you to run larger mixes, with acclaimed UAD plug-ins. The compact, desktop unit gives you full access to the entire UA plug-in library. It also provides improved performance reduced plug-in latency.
World-Class Sound with Superior Apollo A/D and D/A Conversion
The original UAD Apollo, introduced in 2012, quickly became a gold standard among modern music producers and engineers - it now counts many of the world's top artists as users. Apollo 16 improves upon the original Universal Audio Apollo's sound quality with completely redesigned, class-leading A/D and D/A conversion - giving you increased dynamic range and even lower THD.
Building upon a 50-year legacy of circuit design, UA engineers started with an obsessive audition of the latest converters, pairing them with completely redesigned analog circuitry. Confirmed by extensive double-blind listening tests, the end result is 3 dB better dynamic range on both A/D and D/A conversion versus the original Apollo, placing the Apollo 16 as the measurable class leader.
Improved Monitoring and Workflow
Unique among 16 channel converters, Apollo Rack 16 features a dedicated Monitor knob right on the front panel. This knob is also controllable from software, a connected Apollo Twin, or can be bypassed for connecting the Monitor outputs to an external monitor controller. Standard interface settings like Clock Source, Sample Rate, and Host connectivity are displayed at all times as well.
Realtime UAD Plug-In Processing for Tracking, Mixing and Mastering
Imagine having a classic analog studio, in single rack space. UAD Apollo 16 lets you record through UAD Powered Plug-Ins - including vintage EQs, compressors, reverbs, tape machines and more - at near-zero latency, regardless of your audio software buffer size. With award-winning UAD plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Neve, Manley, Roland, SSL, Studer, and more, Apollo 16 serves up authentic analog tone and warmth. The key to its analog sound is onboard UAD-2 QUAD Core DSP Processing, which powers the UAD plug-ins while reducing the strain on your host computer.
Expand Your System
Thanks to Universal Audio's Expanded software, users of Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin, Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, and Apollo 16 audio interfaces can combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices ? adding I/O and DSP as your studio grows. Apollo Expanded also provides seamless integration with previous generation Apollos over Thunderbolt.
Realtime Analog Classics Plus Bundle
With the included Realtime Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, you get a whole host of professional-quality plug-ins, including legendary compressors such as the 1176SE/LN Limiting Amplifiers and Fairchild 670 Legacy, Softube's stunning Amp Room Half-Stack and Bass Amp Room 8x10 guitar and bass amp emulations, the flexible and natural-sounding RealVerb Pro reverb, UA's landmark 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ plug-in, and much more besides.
- 16 x 18 simultaneous input/output channels
- Now compatible with Windows 10 systems
- Sample rates up to 192 kHz at 24-bit word length
- Two Thunderbolt 2 ports facilitates daisy-chaining of other Thunderbolt devices
- Cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD devices total over Thunderbolt (Mac)
- Independently-addressable stereo monitor outputs (in addition to 16 line outputs)
- Digitally-controlled analog monitor outputs maintains highest fidelity
- Front panel pre-fader metering of monitor bus levels
- Digital AES/EBU outputs can be set to mirror the analog monitor outputs
- QUAD Core DSP with four SHARC® processors
- Realtime UAD Processing on all analog and digital inputs via Console application
- Console Recall plug-in saves Console configurations inside DAW sessions for easy recall
- Same features and functionality as other UAD-2 devices when used with DAW
- Can be combined with other UAD-2 devices for increased mixing DSP
- Includes UAD Powered Plug-Ins ''Realtime Analog Classics Plus'' bundle
- Complete UAD plug-ins library is available at the UA online store
- Apple Mac computer with available Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 port
- Mac OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion, 10.9.x Mavericks, or 10.10.x Yosemite
- 4 gigabytes available disk space
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, RTAS, or AAX 64 plug-in host DAW software
- Thunderbolt cable (sold separately)
- Analog Line Inputs: 16
- Analog Line Outputs: 16 (not including monitor outputs)
- Analog Monitor Outputs: 2 (one stereo pair)
- AES/EBU: 2 (Thunderbolt 1 compatible)
- Thunderbolt 2 ports: 2 (Thunderbolt 1 compatible)
- Word Clock: 1 input, 1 output
A/D - D/A Conversion
- Supported Sample Rates (kHz): 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192
- Bit Depth Per Sample: 24
- Simultaneous A/D conversion: 16 channels
- Simultaneous D/A conversion: 18 channels
- Analog Round-Trip Latency: 1.1 milliseconds @ 96 kHz sample rate
- Analog Round-Trip Latency with four serial UAD-2 plug-ins via Console application: 1.1 milliseconds @ 96 kHz sample rate
- Power Supplies: External AC to DC Power Supply, Level V compliant
- AC Input Connector Type: IEC Male
- AC Requirements: 100V - 240V AC, 50 - 60 Hz
- DC Connector Type: XLR 4-Pin Locking Male (Neutrik P/N NC4MDM3-H)
- DC Requirements: 12 VDC, +/- 5
- Maximum Power Consumption: 50 Watts
- Width: 19''
- Height: 1.75'' (1U rack space)
- Depth, Chassis Only: 12.125''
- Depth, Including Knob & Jack Protrusions: 13.5''
- Shipping Box (Width x Depth x Height): 24'' x 17'' x 8''
- Shipping Weight (with box & accessories): 18 pounds (8.2 kg)
- Weight (bare unit): 8.7 pounds (3.9 kg)
- Apollo 16 MkII Audio Interface Unit
- External Power Supply
- AC Power Cable (IEC)
- Set of (4) Rack-Mount Screws
- Getting Started URL Card
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.