View Full Description
World-Class Sound with Superior Apollo A/D and D/A Conversion
The original UAD Apollo, introduced in 2012, quickly became a gold standard among modern music producers and engineers - it now counts many of the world's top artists as users. Apollo 16 improves upon the original Universal Audio Apollo's sound quality with completely redesigned, class-leading A/D and D/A conversion - giving you increased dynamic range and even lower THD.
Building upon a 50-year legacy of circuit design, UA engineers started with an obsessive audition of the latest converters, pairing them with completely redesigned analog circuitry. Confirmed by extensive double-blind listening tests, the end result is 3 dB better dynamic range on both A/D and D/A conversion versus the original Apollo, placing the Apollo 16 as the measurable class leader.
Improved Monitoring and Workflow
Unique among 16 channel converters, Apollo Rack 16 features a dedicated Monitor knob right on the front panel. This knob is also controllable from software, a connected Apollo Twin, or can be bypassed for connecting the Monitor outputs to an external monitor controller. Standard interface settings like Clock Source, Sample Rate, and Host connectivity are displayed at all times as well.
Realtime UAD Plug-In Processing for Tracking, Mixing and Mastering
Imagine having a classic analog studio, in single rack space. UAD Apollo 16 lets you record through UAD Powered Plug-Ins - including vintage EQs, compressors, reverbs, tape machines and more - at near-zero latency, regardless of your audio software buffer size. With award-winning UAD plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Neve, Manley, Roland, SSL, Studer, and more, Apollo 16 serves up authentic analog tone and warmth. The key to its analog sound is onboard UAD-2 QUAD Core DSP Processing, which powers the UAD plug-ins while reducing the strain on your host computer.
Expand Your System
Thanks to Universal Audio's Expanded software, users of Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin, Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, and Apollo 16 audio interfaces can combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices ? adding I/O and DSP as your studio grows. Apollo Expanded also provides seamless integration with previous generation Apollos over Thunderbolt.
Realtime Analog Classics Plus Bundle
With the included Realtime Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, you get a whole host of professional-quality plug-ins, including legendary compressors such as the 1176SE/LN Limiting Amplifiers and Fairchild 670 Legacy, Softube's stunning Amp Room Half-Stack and Bass Amp Room 8x10 guitar and bass amp emulations, the flexible and natural-sounding RealVerb Pro reverb, UA's landmark 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ plug-in, and much more besides.
- 16 x 16 analog input/output channels
- Now compatible with Windows 10 systems
- Sample rates up to 192 kHz at 24-bit word length
- Two Thunderbolt 2 ports facilitates daisy-chaining of other Thunderbolt devices
- Cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD devices total over Thunderbolt (Mac)
- Independently-addressable stereo monitor outputs (in addition to 16 line outputs)
- Digitally-controlled analog monitor outputs maintains highest fidelity
- Front panel pre-fader metering of monitor bus levels
- Digital AES/EBU outputs can be set to mirror the analog monitor outputs
- QUAD Core DSP with four SHARC® processors
- Realtime UAD Processing on all analog and digital inputs via Console application
- Console Recall plug-in saves Console configurations inside DAW sessions for easy recall
- Same features and functionality as other UAD-2 devices when used with DAW
- Can be combined with other UAD-2 devices for increased mixing DSP
- Includes UAD Powered Plug-Ins ''Realtime Analog Classics Plus'' bundle
- Complete UAD plug-ins library is available at the UA online store
- Apple Mac computer with available Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 port
- Mac OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion, 10.9.x Mavericks, or 10.10.x Yosemite
- 4 gigabytes available disk space
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, RTAS, or AAX 64 plug-in host DAW software
- Thunderbolt cable (sold separately)
Analog Line Inputs: 16
Analog Line Outputs: 16 (not including monitor outputs)
Analog Monitor Outputs: 2 (one stereo pair)
AES/EBU: 2 (Thunderbolt 1 compatible)
Thunderbolt 2 ports: 2 (Thunderbolt 1 compatible)
Word Clock: 1 input, 1 output
A/D - D/A Conversion
Supported Sample Rates (kHz): 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192
Bit Depth Per Sample: 24
Simultaneous A/D conversion: 16 channels
Simultaneous D/A conversion: 18 channels
Analog Round-Trip Latency: 1.1 milliseconds @ 96 kHz sample rate
Analog Round-Trip Latency with four serial UAD-2 plug-ins via Console application: 1.1 milliseconds @ 96 kHz sample rate
Power Supplies: External AC to DC Power Supply, Level V compliant
AC Input Connector Type: IEC Male
AC Requirements: 100V - 240V AC, 50 - 60 Hz
DC Connector Type: XLR 4-Pin Locking Male (Neutrik P/N NC4MDM3-H)
DC Requirements: 12 VDC, +/- 5
Maximum Power Consumption: 50 Watts
Height: 1.75'' (1U rack space)
Depth, Chassis Only: 12.125''
Depth, Including Knob & Jack Protrusions: 13.5''
Shipping Box (Width x Depth x Height): 24'' x 17'' x 8''
Shipping Weight (with box & accessories): 18 pounds (8.2 kg)
Weight (bare unit): 8.7 pounds (3.9 kg)
- Apollo 16 MkII Audio Interface Unit
- External Power Supply
- AC Power Cable (IEC)
- Set of (4) Rack-Mount Screws
- Getting Started URL Card