View Full Description
Create custom oscillators with the Wavetable Editor
The Wavetable Editor is a new downloadable feature for the Peak and the Summit. The new and versatile editor includes numerous tools to explore your creativity. The included drawing tools allow you to create your own custom oscillator shapes. You can then preview them in real time, perfect for auditioning your new shapes and sounds. You can even use your own audio files as the basis for the oscillator waveform. The new wavetable editor can be accessed via Novation Components.
Included with the Wavetable Editor is exclusive space-themed audio content from the NASA sound library. This selection of out-of-this-world sounds is perfect for any genre. Not only that, there is also exclusive content from drum and bass legends Noisia.
Eight voice desktop polysynth
The Novation Peak is a digital hybrid, desktop poly synthesizer featuring eight-voices and three New Oxford Oscillators for each voice. The New Oxford Oscillators capture the essence of analog sound thanks to the premium-grade NCOs (Numerically-Controlled Oscillators), while providing the flexibility of the digital domain with 17 digital wavetables.
The highly versatile oscillators and wide selection of wavetables allow you to create a diverse palette of sounds, while retaining that classic analog grit and warmth. The eight-voices allow you to trigger chords, blend notes and sounds together and more, for flexible sound design options.
Pre and post filters
Each voice on the Novation Peak features a resonant multi-mode analog filter for each voice, as well as three distortion points for each voice, including: pre-filter, post-filter and global. The Peak Polysynth is capable of receiving polyphonic aftertouch, providing expression control, right at your fingertips. Premium-grade effects are at your disposal to add character and flare to your sounds, including: Chorus, Reverb, Delay and even an on-board arpeggiator.
Modulation matrix for unparalleled creativity
The ergonomic, 16-slot modulation matrix includes 16 direct assignments in the main controls, ideal for patch design and sound editing. The modulation matrix is cleverly arranged to get the most out of your synth, including three ADRS envelopes as well as two LFOs per voice, allowing you to create more complex movements. Two animated buttons are perfect for live performers, giving you instant one-touch transformation of patches.
Desktop design with CV, USB and MIDI connectivity
The compact and highly portable design of the Novation Peak, makes it ideal for both live and studio applications alike. Combining the extensive modulation system with its high-quality integrated oscillators opens up a whole new world of sound design techniques.
The Novation Peak Synthesizer features a diverse range of digital and analog connectivity including a CV modulation input for integrating with other modular systems. In addition, the Peak also features MIDI I/O on five-pin DIN ports as well as a USB connection for using the Novation Peak with a Mac or Windows computer. The highly-robust desktop module design is portable and reliable, with an optional die-cast aluminium stand available for increased stability (not included).
V1.2 Firmware Update
The new firmware update brings a whole host of new things. These include: 43 new wavetables, two more freely assignable, non-voice-specific LFOs to the Mod Matrix and new FX matrix, a new Mod Matrix design, the much demanded FX Mod Matrix, new envelope features, initialise manual mode, support for microtuning, and a whole load of new presets for you to use.
- Novation Peak Polyphonic Synthesizer
- USB cable
- Power supply
- Eight-voice desktop polyphonic synthesizer
- Innovative New Oxford Oscillators using two waveform generating techniques: NCOs (Numerically-Controlled Oscillators) and 17 digital wavetable
- Pre-filter and post-filter distortion per voice, plus global distortion. Polyphonic aftertouch and linear FM. High-quality reverb, delay and chorus effects, and onboard arpeggiator
- Extensive modulation system, with 16-slot modulation matrix and 16 direct assignments controlled on the front panel. Three ADSR envelopes and two LFOs per voice, plus animate buttons
- CV modulation input for integration with modular systems
- Compact desktop module design with optional die-cast aluminium stand for positioning (not included)
- New Wavetable Editor available for Novation Components (with content from Noisia and NASA)
- Sound Collective - Receive free versions of the most innovative software instruments and creative FX, as well as discounts to help you make the most of third-party software when you register this product
- Comes with 3-year warranty from Novation
- Synth Engine: 8 voice polyphonic, mono-timbral, 5 voice modes
- Waveforms: Sine, tri, sawtooth, square/pulse plus 17 wavetables of 5 waveforms per row
- Included Software: Ableton Live Lite 9, Loopmasters samples, free Melodics lessons
- Dimensions: 233 x 464 x 70.5mm