View Full Description
A patch for every occasion
Novation made sure to celebrate the release of Summit. From August to September they released 1,000 patches compatible with the synth. This is comprised of a huge range of basses, leads, pads, arps, FX and more that utilise the full extent of Summit’s capabilities. To create this vast library of music making potential, Novation called in some of the best sound designers to provide you with the best possible presets. Best of all, they’re all free.
Bi-timbral synth engine with three FPGA New Oxford Oscillators
At the heart of the Summit are three FPGA New Oxford Oscillators per voice. This offers a wide range of synthesis modes including subtractive, wavetable and FM synthesis. The oscillators are hosted on the advanced FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) chip. This allows you to generate authentic analog waveforms and highly textural raw tones.
The oscillators are accompanied by dual analog filters with roots in the Oxford Synthesizer Company's OSCar. This makes it Novation's most innovative collaboration to date with renowned engineer Chris Huggett.
Dual, Split and Layer your sounds
The bi-timbral design allows you to get creative with stacking sounds. The three modes are available when on a Multi Patch. The Layered settings allows you to play both parts of a sound layered on top of each other. This allows you to create your own unique sounds from the combination of two.
The Split setting effectively splits the keyboard in two. The lower end of the keyboard plays Part A and the higher end plays Part B. You can also define your own split point which can be saved as part of the patch. The Dual setting means each part can be played separately. There are additional controls available on the menu, which will then be saved to the multi patch.
Dual analog filters
The dual analog filters architecture, based on the synth legend Chris Huggett’s design of the OSCar. When selecting the 24dB low-pass setting, the signal is run through dual 12dB lowpass filters. The filters can be run parallel or in series into each other. The Filter Frequency will control the cutoff of both filters.
You can also separate the filters to set them at different frequencies. These versatile filters allows you to bring different textures and colours to your sound, ideal for sound design purposes.
In-depth modulation control
The front panel sees the addition of FM modulation, making it easier than ever to design sounds. The hands-on precision controls allow you to make quick and informed choices, ideal for the studio and live performances.
The envelope section features hold and looping settings, as well as a Loop switch for each envelope. The envelopes also feature a delay stage for added versatility. Also included are 45mm faders, Voice Mode control, Global LFOs, Arpeggiator Tempo, Rhythm Tempo, Octave and Type controls. You can also create microtuning tables easier than ever before. Simply select a note, change the tuning and repeat. Create everything from atmospheric pads to cutting-edge lead sounds.
A huge range of factory presets
To get started immediately, the Summit comes jam-packed with a wide variety of in-built factory presets. These presets were curated by Particia Wolf, Gforce software and a whole host of other popular sound designers and artists. The presets range from classic sounds to cutting-edge and exclusive presets. All Peak presets are compatible with Summit and can be sent directly to the synth.
- 16-voice, bi-timbral polyphonic synthesizer
- Premium-grade 61-note keybed (same keymech as SL MkIII)
- FPGA New Oxford Oscillators per voice
- Subtractive, wavetable and FM synthesis
- Multi-timbral design for Split, layer and Dual playing
- Voice Mode, FM controls, Envelope loop switches available on front panel
- In-depth sound design capabilities
- Included software: Ableton Live Lite and access to the Sound Collective
- Dual analog filters – run parallel or separate using built-in settings
- Global LFOs 3 and 4 available on the front panel
- FX section is per part
- AUX stereo out
- Arpeggiator Tempo, Rhythm, Tempo, Octave and Type control available on the front panel
- Octave Up/Down switch and Pitchbend and modulation wheels
- Hosted on the advanced FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) chip
- Wide range of analog connectivity
- Large amount of factory presets created by Patricia Wolf, Gforce software and more
- All Peak presets are compatible and can be sent directly to the Summit synth
- Format: 61-key (same key mech as SL MkIII)
- Build: Metal build with wooden end cheek
- Voice: 16 voice 2-part multi-timbral (Split, Layer, Dual)
- Voice Mode: Dedicated Voice Mode switch available on front panel
- Same NCO Oscillators: FM control available on front panel
- Analog Filter: Dual or separation to run filters in parallel
- Envelopes (Same Amp, Mod 1 and 2): Loop switch available on the front panel
- LFO: Global LFOs 3 and 4 available on the front panel
- FX: FX Section is per part
- Arpeggiator: Tempo, Rhythm, Tempo, Octave and Type control available on the front panel
- Audio Out:Main Stereo and Aux Stereo out
- Audio Input: Can be routed directly to the FX or into a voice
- Controls: Octave UP/Down switch, Pitchbend and Mod Wheels
- Power: IEC AC Socket