View Full Description
Eight-Voice Desktop PolySynth
The Novation Peak is a digital hybrid, desktop poly synthesizer featuring eight-voices and three New Oxford Oscillators for each voice. The New Oxford Oscillators capture the essence of analog sound thanks to the premium-grade NCOs (Numerically-Controlled Oscillators), while providing the flexibility of the digital domain with 17 digital wavetables. The highly versatile oscillators and wide selection of wavetables allow you to create a diverse palette of sounds, while retaining that classic analog grit and warmth. The eight-voices allow you to trigger chords, blend notes and sounds together and more, for flexible sound design options.
Pre & Post Filters
Each voice on the Novation Peak features a resonant multi-mode analog filter for each voice, as well as three distortion points for each voice, including: pre-filter, post-filter and global. The Peak Polysynth is capable of receiving polyphonic aftertouch, providing expression control, right at your fingertips. Premium-grade effects are at your disposal to add character and flare to your sounds, including: Chorus, Reverb, Delay and even an on-board arpeggiator.
The ergonomic, 16-slot modulation matrix includes 16 direct assignments in the main controls, ideal for patch design and sound editing. The modulation matrix is cleverly arranged to get the most out of your synth, including three ADRS envelopes as well as two LFOs per voice, allowing you to create more complex movements. Two animated buttons are perfect for live performers, giving you instant one-touch transformation of patches.
Design & Connectivity
The compact and highly portable design of the Novation Peak, makes it ideal for both live and studio applications alike. Combining the extensive modulation system with its high-quality integrated oscillators opens up a whole new world of sound design techniques. The Novation Peak Synthesizer features a diverse range of digital and analog connectivity including a CV modulation input for integrating with other modular systems. In addition, the Peak also features MIDI I/O on five-pin DIN ports as well as a USB connection for using the Novation Peak with a Mac or Windows computer. The highly-robust desktop module design is portable and reliable, with an optional die-cast aluminium stand available for increased stability (not included).
V1.2 Firmware Update
The new firmware update brings a whole host of new things. These include: 43 new wavetables, two more freely assignable, non-voice-specific LFOs to the Mod Matrix and new FX matrix, a new Mod Matrix design, the much demanded FX Mod Matrix, new envelope features, initialise manual mode, support for microtuning, and a whole load of new presets for you to use.
- Novation Peak Polyphonic Synthesizer
- USB cable
- Power supply
- Eight-voice desktop polyphonic synthesizer
- Innovative New Oxford Oscillators using two waveform generating techniques: NCOs (Numerically-Controlled Oscillators) and 17 digital wavetable
- Pre-filter and post-filter distortion per voice, plus global distortion. Polyphonic aftertouch and linear FM. High-quality reverb, delay and chorus effects, and onboard arpeggiator
- Extensive modulation system, with 16-slot modulation matrix and 16 direct assignments controlled on the front panel. Three ADSR envelopes and two LFOs per voice, plus animate buttons
- CV modulation input for integration with modular systems
- Compact desktop module design with optional die-cast aluminium stand for positioning (not included)
- Sound Collective - Receive free versions of the most innovative software instruments and creative FX, as well as discounts to help you make the most of third-party software when you register this product
- Comes with 3-year warranty from Novation
- Synth Engine: 8 voice polyphonic, mono-timbral, 5 voice modes
- Waveforms: Sine, tri, sawtooth, square/pulse plus 17 wavetables of 5 waveforms per row
- Included Software: Ableton Live Lite 9, Loopmasters samples, free Melodics lessons
- Dimensions: 233 x 464 x 70.5mm
Your order may contain items that use a 240V UK plug
Any electrical items in your order may have been designed to work with a 240V circuit, using a United Kingdom G type plug connection. An adapter or transformer may be required for these items to work properly and safely in your country. Some items work with a range of voltages, or have a switchable voltage control built in. Please refer to the specific product details for further information.