View Full Description
A Classic Reimagined
The sE Electronics sE2300 is the latest version of the renowned condenser microphone that put sE Electronics in high-regard with the audio world. The microphone was made famous by musical legends such as Amy Winehouse, helping to revitalise the spirit of classic studio mics. The sE2300 is renowned for its polished and smooth sound, capturing every nuance of your source audio, perfect for studio vocal recordings.
Handcrafted 1-Inch Capsule
At the heart of the sE2300 is the hand-crafted and custom tuned condenser capsule. The 1-inch true condenser capsule is used in conjunction with dual gold-sputtered diaphragms to achieve optimal acoustic performance. The externally polarised capsule provides optimal audio performance at every step.
Three Selectable Polar Patterns
The thing that sets the sE2300 apart from its sibling (the sE2200), is the three selectable polar patterns. The choice between the three polar patterns enhances the versatility of the microphone, making it suitable for a wide range of recording applications.
The first polar pattern is the standard cardioid pattern. This is ideal for recording vocals and closer sound sources. The omnidirectional pattern is more suitable for podcasting, interviews, ensemble recording and overhead micing. The figure-eight polar pattern is ideal for duets, interviews and dual-source recordings.
Traditional Class-A Electronics
sE Electronics have carefully selected the premium-grade components, to ensure the best possible audio performance and sound quality. The fully discrete components do not use any integrated circuits, ensuring consistent low noise performance and high sensitivity for a range of recording applications. The components are surface-mounted with tight tolerances, ensuring maximum signal integrity for incredible accuracy.
Custom Output Transformer
Capturing the essence of classic studio mics, the sE2300 features a custom transformer, which results in exceptional depth to the overall sonic image. This provides an immersive stereo field, putting you in the centre of the sound for impressive sonic results. The shielded metal housing provides noise-free operation, keeping the signal tight and clean.
Switchable Attenuation & Low-Cut Filters
One of the most convenient yet versatile features of the sE2300 is the switchable attenuation levels. The switch features both -10dB and -20dB pad switches, providing extended dynamic range for a variety of recording applications. This allows you to use the microphone for everything from studio-grade vocal recordings to capturing electric guitars and even drum overheads. The microphone also includes dual low-cut filter, helping to minimise and eliminate low-frequency rumble and unwanted noise. It also helps to compensate for excessive bass when used in close proximity to the sound source, ideal for recording vocals.
Robust & Sleek Design
The sE2300 not only looks good but is designed to handle with the rigors of extensive studio and stage use. The all-metal housing ensures optimal durability as well as efficient rejection of electrical interference and noise. It features a gold-plated XLR connector for a reliable signal connection, ensuring a long-life span.
Isolation Pack Accessory Bundle
Bundled with the microphone is the sE Electronics Isolation Pack. The Isolation Pack is comprised of sE Electronics’ renowned curved metal pop filter and high-quality shock mount. These are the perfect companion for your sE2200, not only looking uniformed with the rest of the microphone but helping to improved audio performance. The curved pop filter helps to eliminate sibilance and plosive noises, while the shock mount ensures the microphone remains stable while recording, eliminating any handling or movement-born noise.
- Premium-grade large-diaphragm condenser microphone
- Hand-crafted 1-inch true condenser capsule
- Three selectable polar patterns: cardioid, omnidirectional and figure-8
- Traditional Class-A electronics
- Two switchable attenuation levels
- Custom-built output transformer
- Two switchable low-cut filters
- All-metal housing and premium-grade finish
- Gold-plated XLR connector
- Complete with custom-made shock mount, pop filter and thread adapter
- Capsule: Hand-crafted 1-inch true condenser capsule
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 20 – 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 23.7 mV/Pa (-32.5 dBV)
- Max. SPL (0.5 THD): 125 / 135 / 145dBSPL (0/10/20 dB Attenuation pad)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 12 dB(A)
- Dynamic Range: 113 / 123 / 133 dB (0/10/20 dB Attenuation pad)
- Signal-to-noise Ratio: 82 dB
- Low Cut Filter: 80 / 160Hz, 6 dB/Oct, switchable
- Attenuation Pad: 10 / 20 dB, switchable
- Powering: 48 Volts according to IEC 61938
- Electrical Impedance: <50 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: >1k Ohms
- Current Consumption: 4.2 mA
- Connectivity: 3-pin male XLR connector
- Dimensions: Diameter: 51 mm (2.01 in.) Length 215 mm (8.46 in.)
- Weight: 611 g (21.55 oz.)