View Full Description
Special Offer - How to Claim FREE Plug-ins
To claim your free plug-ins all you need to do is buy and register your Apollo interface. When you register you will be notified of your free plug-ins from Universal Audio. The plug-ins included are: Antares Auto-Tune Realtime Advanced, Helios Type 69 Preamp & EQ, Teletronix LA-3A, V76 Preamp, Century Tube Channel Strip, EP-34 Tape Echo, Oxide Tape Recorder. If you already own one of the plug-ins you will be able to choose from an alternative group of plug-ins. Offer ends 30th September 2021.
Exclusive Heritage Edition plugin bundle
Retaining all the same features of the Apollo Twin X QUAD, the Heritage Edition expands the plug-in library, providing five new award-winning UAD plugins titles in addition to the UAD analog plugin bundle. The new plugins include: UA's Teletronix and 1176 compressors, all Pultec EQs, UA 610 Unison mic preamps, and Pure Plate Reverb. All processed in near real-time, the adding processing power will be sure to take your audio engineer and music production to the next level.
Now compatible with MacOS Big Sur
As of 16/12/20, UAD plugins, Apollo interfaces and LUNA are now compatible with MacOS Big Sur. Universal Audio are still in the process of ensuring that their products are optimised to work with Apple computers that feature M1 silicon chips. It is also important to know before updating/upgrading that MacOS Big Sur is only compatible with Thunderbolt and PCIE-based devices. This means that UA FireWire devices are now incompatible. For more information please click here.
New to 1.1: The latest update from the LUNA is the gift that keeps on giving! Versions is an incredible addition. This handy feature allows you to keep on top of the production process and track your progress as you go. You'll be able to create "bookmarks" to highlight significant milestones which can easily be referred back to at any stage. What's more, mixing and editing just got easier with all-new track groupings. This feature will streamline your workflow, allowing you to work quickly whilst still being precise. The inclusion of a redesigned MIDI clock output enables you to effortlessly integrate your favourite grooveboxes and workstations. It is also now possible to drag and drop MIDI files directly from virtual instruments!
Work the way you want with LUNA technology. Universal Audio built their DAW, LUNA, from the ground up. Their aim, was to bring audio recording into a new era. Following a high-quality range of vintage emulations and innovative plugins, it is obvious that Universal Audio don’t settle for second best and strive to give you their all. LUNA is no exception. You'll be free to integrate your favourite DSP powered plugins when recording, completely free of latency. Thanks to accelerated real time modelling, you'll also be provided with analog style recording and overdubbing via your Apollo's on-board DSP acceleration.
Hark back to the golden age of recording, with Neve summing from the iconic 80's series console. You'll be able to add warmth and richness to your tracks, from the very series of desk that is associated with seminal albums from the likes of Nirvana, Dire Straits, and Pink Floyd. The Studer A800 Tape Recorder extension allows you to add the warmth and punch associated with magnetic tape, introducing various levels of harmonics and saturation into your signal flow. With a highly realistic Steinway Model B piano, Moog Minimoog emulation, a wide array of premium samples from Spitfire Audio, and unlimited track count. You'll have nothing holding you back from making the greatest sounding records of your life.
Please Note: This is a free download for mac users who own a Thunderbolt Arrow or Apollo interface. It is not yet compatible with Windows.
High-grade audio conversion for pristine sound
Apollo interfaces have contributed to the sound of hundreds of Grammy award-winning albums; and the Apollo Twin X is no different employing class-leading audio conversion. The custom converters have seen a brand-new redesign, taking the dynamic range up to 127dB with -117dsB THD+N. The result is a spacious yet powerful sound that will take your recordings to the next level.
Quad core DSP accelerator
The thing that sets Apollo’s audio interfaces apart from conventional units is the onboard DSP acceleration. This version of the Twin X features quad-core DSP acceleration. This allows you to run the DSP-powered plugins from Apollo, with exclusive emulations from Neve, Lexicon, Capitol Studios, API, Manley, Ampex, Fender and more. The groundbreaking emulations have been meticulously crafted to sound as close to the original as possible. This puts vintage-gear back at the forefront, allowing you to capture sounds that long been sought after.
Unison-enabled mic preamps deliver stunning sound quality
The Apollo Twin X features two Unison-enabled preamps for live recording in your studio. These preamps mean you can get the best results from UA's amazing preamp emulations. These include Neve, Helios, API, Manley, UA and many more. This gives you a truly crisp sound which provides you with a range of sound profiles - from tube to solid-state.
Combine interfaces for a networked studio
Looking to expand your studio recording capabilities down the line. The Apollo Twin X allows you to easily connect up to four Thunderbolt Apollos and a total of six UAD-2 devices - meaning you can expand your studio as and when you need to. If you add a rack-mountable Apollo to your system, you can control it with the Apollo Twin X monitor control features.
A multitude of I/O options
The Apollo Twin X comes with a wide range of inputs and outputs to help you get the job. As well as the main inputs there are also outputs for headphones and a Hi-Z instrument input. Combined with two line outs and an ADAT/SPDIF input - you won't be stuck for connectivity options.
Heritage Edition plugin bundle
- UA 1176 Classic Limiter Collection
- Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection
- Pultec Passive EQ Collection
- UA 610 Tube Preamp & EQ Collection
- Pure Plate Reverb
Realtime Analog UAD Powered Plugin Bundle
- UA 610-B (Unison)
- 1176LN Legacy
- 1176SE Legacy
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic (Unison)
- Marshall Plexi Classic (Unison)
- Precision Channel Strip
- Precision Reflection Engine
- Precision Delay Mod
- Precision Delay Mod L
- Pultec EQP-1A Legacy
- Pultec-Pro Legacy
- Teletronix LA-2A Legacy
- Raw Distortion (Unison)
- RealVerb Pro
- Desktop 10 x 6 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac and Windows
- Elite-class A/D and D/A conversion derived from the Apollo X rackmount interfaces
- 2 Unison mic preamps offer stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based mic preamps and guitar amps
- UAD-2 QUAD Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency
- Front-panel Unison-enabled Hi-Z instrument input and headphone out
- Built-in Talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Dedicated monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via optical ADAT/SPDIF input
- Includes the "Realtime Analog Classics" UAD plug-in bundle featuring the Teletronix LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Pultec EQs, UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more*
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, AU, and AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support — on the phone and online — from knowledgeable audio engineers
- Microphone Inputs: Two
- High Impedance (Hi-Z) Instrument Inputs: One
- Analog Line Inputs: Two
- Analog Line Outputs (DC coupled): Two (four including Monitor outputs)
- Analog Monitor Outputs (DC coupled): Two (one stereo pair)
- Headphone Output: One stereo
- Digital Input: One (ADAT or S/PDIF, selectable)
- Simultaneous A/D Conversion: Two channels
- Simultaneous D/A Conversion: Six channels
- Supported Sample Rates (kHz): 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192
- Bit Depth Per Sample: 24
- Analog Round-Trip Latency: 1.1 milliseconds @ 96 kHz sample rate
- Analog Round-Trip Latency through UAD legacy plug-ins (included) via Console software: 1.1 milliseconds @ 96 kHz sample rate (no additional latency via Realtime UAD Processing)
- Power Supply: External AC-to-DC Power Supply, Level VI compliant
- AC Input Connector Type: IEC C8, non-polarized
- AC Requirements: 100V – 240V AC, 50 – 60 Hz
- DC Connector Type: Male plug, 2.1 mm x 5.5 mm, center positive
- DC Requirements: 12 VDC, ±5 percent
- Maximum Power Consumption: 15 Watts (when portable host computer not charging)
- Ambient Temperature Range: 32º to 104º F (0º to 40º C)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 6.31” (16.03 cm) x 2.60” (6.6 cm) x 5.86” (14.88 cm)
- Weight (bare unit): 2.35 pounds (1.07 kg)
- Product Code: APLTWXQ-HE