View Full Description
What's new in Version 10.5
New and improved. Cubase version 10.5 introduces a range of new features and upgrades designed to improve your production capabilities and more. The Channel EQ now features a new Spectral Comparison mode (Pro only). This new mode helps to identify where action is needing when creating a mix. Simply route a second signal from any tracks into the EQ and it will display both spectral curves so you can find the perfect balance between the two signals.
Visualise your work. You can now export rendered video directly from the DAW. The video export feature (Pro/Artist/Elements) allows you to render audio and video, with support for MP4 and H.264 video compression. You can even add the timecode to the export, perfect for visual post-production.
Tap into a new style of delay. The MultiTap Delay (Pro/Artist) allows you to get in-depth with your sound design, providing rhythmic echoes with a wide range of options. You can utilise up to eight taps per delay loop and even add effects to the complete output. It also features a range of character presets, ranging from cutting-edge digital delays to vintage-style echo units.
A range of new workflow enhancements are also included. For example, you can now colorise channels within the MixConsole for quick and easy arrangement of tracks. Combined Select Tools (Pro/Artist) allows you to speed up your editing process by combining two of the most frequently used tools. You can also now import tracks from projects (Pro only) and capture MIDI data when not recording using the MIDI Retrospective Recording capabilities.
Padshop 2 – the new and improved granular synthesizer
Padshop is highly acclaimed thanks to its comprehensive user interface and eclectic sound palette. Padshop 2 has been revamped with even more creative tools for sound design and sonic inspiration. The new spectral oscillator allows you to tap into unique soundscapes. You can even turn your own samples into new and fascinating sonic sculptures. The new arpeggiator section and effects section allows you to further extend your sound design capabilities. Padshop 2 also includes 100 new presets to inspire you.
Award-winning music production software
Cubase has long been a keystone in the music production world. It is revered for its innovative sequencing, editing and mixing abilities. Previous versions have gained Steinberg a wide range of awards and accolades, further cementing its reputation as one of the most versatile and powerful DAWs on the market.
Cubase 10.5 provides a variety of new enhancements, effects and virtual instruments; expanding its ever-growing arsenal of audio tools. A range of tools are exclusive to the Pro version including: VariAudio 3, MixConsole Snapshots, Audio Alignment, AAF support, ARA support, Steinberg Virtual Reality production suite and improved editing for video soundtrack production.
The highly intuitive interface allows you to compose, record, edit and mix songs with ease. You can record instruments, vocals, ensembles or soloists and produce the perfect take every time.
Revised channel strip
One of the most prominent new features is the redesigned Channel Strip. The channel strip is the most important element when it comes to mixing and editing audio. The new and improved design is more ergonomic, providing a quicker workflow. It also extends the Channel Strip’s functionality, providing new metering elements and direct visual feedback of each module.
VariAudio is the ultimate audio-editing and pitch correction tool. Previous versions of VariAudio have revolutionised the way audio professionals interact with vocal recordings. It provides the means to edit pitch, correct time and intonation of notes, within monophonic vocal recordings. The in-depth tools in provides allows you to utilise subtle pitch correction that will optimise sung vocals.
VariAudio 3 now includes Smart Controls, designed to speed up your workflow. It provides direct control of all parameters at each segment for quick and easy changes. It allows you to edit the micro pitch level for smooth drifts and transitions. You can also adjust the formant shift, compensating the digital editing to create natural tones.
Save and recall with MixConsole snapshots
You can now create alternate mixes with ease, thanks to the new MixConsole Snapshots. This new tool allows you to save your current mix within a tab in the MixConsole. This allows you to create multiple mixes and save them for instant recall. You can even annotate your Snapshot, and even choose to recall certain EQ settings or individual tracks. This is a great tool for mixing, allowing you to create different mixes on the fly.
Match recording with audio alignment
Audio Alignment eliminates the tedious process of manually cutting and matching vocals. It allows you to sync multiple stacked vocal recordings, matching them automatically. It works by incorporating a reference track and matching the multiple tracks to the reference with correct timing.
5GB of brand-new sound content
Cubase Pro 10.5 comes complete with 5GB of fresh sound content comprised of one-shots, loops, samples and more. The new sound content is split into six different groups: Analog Techno, Soul Assembly, Raw Ambience, Mystic Spaces, Block Buster and Hip Hop Vault. These sounds and loops have been hand-picked by some of the most popular producers within their genre. The sound content is created by Florian Meindl, Soul Surplus, RawTekk, Ferdinand Forsch, Allen Morgan and hip-hop producer Beat Butcha.
The genre-spanning sounds and loops have been meticulously crafted, providing a diverse range of sounds. The content spans Drum and Bass, Hip-Hop, Techno, Soul, Ambient and even sounds for audio/visual work.
- Spectral Comparison EQ helps you clean up your mix more accurately (Pro)
- Video Export Render lets you render your videos as MP4 (H.264) with 16-bit stereo audio (Pro/Artist/Elements)
- MuliTap Delay is made for musicians with a range of inspiring creative options (Pro/Artist)
- Padshop 2 has been greatly improved, with even more creative tools for sonic inspiration (Pro/Artist)
- Colorised Mixer Channels help you to intuitively find the tracks you are looking for (Pro/Atist/Elements/AI/LE)
- Import Tracks From Project makes exchanging data between projects, or creating new project templates, easier (Pro)
- Combine Select Tools Mode combines selection tools for objects and ranges in on powerful feature (Pro/Artist)
- MIDI Retrospective Recording tracks your MIDI input, even when you are not recording (Pro/Artist/Elements/AI/LE)
- Many more significant workflow improvements are also included
- The reference standard for music production software
- Produce music, record, edit, arrange and mix songs from start to finish
- VariAudio 3 provides ultimate control of your audio, with more creative tools and Smart Control to improve your workflow
- MixConsole Snapshots instantly recall different project mixes and settings to quickly compare mixes and add mix notes
- Audio Alignment allows you to stack and match recording quickly, easily synchronising them to a reference track
- Redesigned Channel Strip offers better metering and functionality
- 32-bit integer and 64-bit audio continues the Cubase audio engine’s commitment to ultimate, no-compromise quality
- Easy side-chaining: quickly and easily set up side-chaining to make space in mixes or create distinctive effects
- Groove Agent SE 5 brings a new user interface and many improvements to the best drum production tool
- 5GB of high-quality sound and loops from six highly acclaimed producers
- AAF support lets you exchange multimedia data with all the most commonly used applications
- Distroyer add everything from subtle analog warmth to searing heat for mixes and individual instruments