View Full Description
The legacy continues
Solid State Logic (SSL) has a rich history of developing innovative tools that revolutionize the music production process. With a focus on advanced workflow, SSL's design philosophy has been at the core of its creations since the inception of the legendary 4000E console. Today, SSL continues this legacy with its UF1, UF8, and UC1 controllers, designed to remove barriers and bring artists, producers, and engineers closer to their technical and creative workflows. The outcome is high-quality productions that are crafted effortlessly, exuding subtlety and emotion that sets them apart from the rest.
Motorised fader controller
The UF1 is the ultimate single-fader controller for audio professionals and music producers, integrating SSL's renowned advanced workflow and high-end design quality. Housed in a robust metal chassis, the UF1 features a premium 100 mm motorized fader, dual high-resolution displays, soft-feel durable rubber keys, and a weighted jog wheel. With 46 customizable soft keys, UF1 provides complete control over a DAW's pans, sends, plug-in control, and more; allowing you to optimise your workflow with custom shortcuts. Its clear visual feedback, intuitive control, and deep integration with the SSL Meter Plug-in and SSL 360° software make the UF1 a powerful and unparalleled controller of its size.
Control up to three DAWs at once
Capable of controlling up to three DAWs simultaneously, the UF1 comes with custom DAW profiles for Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Studio One, Ableton Live, LUNA, and Pyramix. Its dedicated transport controls and weighted jog/scrub wheel enable quick and efficient navigation through even the largest sessions. Customisable secondary transport keys provide essential workflow shortcuts, such as Loop on/off and click track on/off, while pressing the Shift button offers fast access to DAW automation modes. The premium 100 mm motorized SSL fader ensures precise control when writing automation and fine-tuning track volume during recording and mixing sessions.
Complete with FREE SSL Meter plugin - worth over £80
Every UF1 purchase includes a perpetual license for the SSL Meter plug-in (worth 99.99 / £89.99 / €99.99), which provides essential metering tools like Peak & RMS levels, K-System, stereo balance, phase correlation bar, Lissajous phase scope, 31-band RTA, VU, and PPM metering. The SSL Meter plug-in is visualized on the large 4.3” IPS display and can be controlled directly from the UF1 surface or the SSL 360° Plug-in Mixer, offering seamless integration.
Expandable design with SSL UC1/UF8 controllers
The UF1 can function as a standalone controller or be paired with UF8 for an even more immersive SSL DAW control experience. As the perfect hardware expansion for the UC1 SSL plug-in controller, the UF1 adds fader control while granting easy access to SSL 360°-enabled channel strip parameters and visual feedback of EQ curves. For the ultimate SSL controller setup that offers a full SSL virtual console workflow, combine up to four UF8s with UC1 and UF1.
- 100mm motorised SSL fader for high-quality control
- Two high-res displays, including a large 4.3" TFT LCD display with visual feedback of DAW track names, parameters, time display and more
- Dedicated transport controls and weighted jog/scrub wheel provide total session control
- Dedicated HUI and MCU DAW Profiles are available for Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Studio One, Ableton Live, LUNA, and Pyramix, and the UF1 can switch to control the MASTER fader in MCU protocol DAWs
- The UF1 enables the extension of the UC1 functionality by allowing users to control 360°-enabled channel strips like Channel Strip 2 and 4 KB directly from the UF1 surface and view the EQ curve on the UF1 large display. Master mode for the Plug-in Mixer also allows UF1 to control a different channel strip than the one selected on UC1.
- Fully featured DAW Controller in a compact footprint allows users to control DAW pans, sends, plug-ins, and virtual instruments with ease.
- There are 46 customizable user keys ready to assign favourite DAW commands or keyboard shortcuts.
- The UF1's Secondary Transport row of keys can be customized to essential workflow shortcuts like Loop on/off and click track on/off. Press the Shift button for fast access to DAW automation modes.
- Fader Mode allows the user to use the four V-Pots underneath the large screen to control four track volumes simultaneously.
- The large multi-purpose notched encoder allows for track banking, mouse wheel emulation for hands-on control, and control over computer system volume.
- Users can use UF1 on its own or partner with UF8 and/or UC1 to enhance the functionality of both products, with up to three different DAWs connectable simultaneously and switched between using the Layer keys.
- The SSL 360° Software application powers the UF1, allowing users to enjoy maximum functionality.
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 205 x 265.9 x 62.5 mm
- Product Code: S-WJ00B21