View Full Description
Neumann. The name behind some of the most significant recordings ever captured. From studios to stages all over the world, their microphones have graced the hands and stands of legends. And there's a very good reason for that.
Neumann don't just make microphones. No. They make dreams. And they turn them into reality. Because you know that sound that you can hear in your head? A Neumann microphone lets you capture it. Exactly the way you want to.
Purity isn't just a characteristic. It's an achievement. And with the KMS 104, that's exactly what you get. That unadulterated sound where every detail can be heard with absolute clarity. It's yours. And it's ready to take on the challenge of any stage.
Get out there
Don't worry about those 'what if' moments. With the KMS 104 in your grasp, you can handle them. Intelligently-designed with a whole host of features to combat those detrimental problems that can occur on stage, this is one mic that has your back. So all you have to think about is what matters - your performance.
A tight cardioid polar pattern makes sure that it's you your audience hears. Even on the loudest of stages. This polar pattern attenuates sound from the rear with incredible efficiency, giving you complete control over the mic's directional behaviour. And you don't have to worry about feedback either. The KMS 104 boasts outstanding feedback resistance, keeping your sound clean and clear from beginning to end.
The polar pattern is a powerful aspect of the KMS 104's precision-engineered true condenser capsule. It's a capsule was built to perform, and is capable of handling huge sound pressure levels of up to 150dB before clipping. Plus, with a smooth frequency response that gives you a crystal-clear and airy top-end, the 104 gives you phenomenal intelligibility that's perfect for an enormous variety of vocal styles. But it's not just the sound that makes this mic special...
One for the road
Some mics just aren't cut out for the stage. Sure, they might sound incredible, but all it takes is that one fatal fall, and it's all over. Then there are some mics that are the opposite - they can take a real beating, but they're just missing that one little thing that truly makes a performance memorable.
But the KMS 104? You get the best of both worlds.
The KMS 104 works with you, not against you. You're free to perform exactly the way you want to, and not how the microphone wants you to. Because getting great sound shouldn't be a compromise, and the thought of something breaking mid-performance shouldn't hold you back. That's why the KMS 104 was built to withstand the demanding nature of the stage.
A hardened steel grille protects the precious capsule. And below the grille, you'll find a highly-effective internal pop screen. Not only does the screen keep your sound safe from plosives and sibilance, but it also keeps moisture at bay, so you can sing your heart out no matter what your style may be.
The KMS 104's housing is thick. This keeps the internal amplifier safe from knocks and drops, whilst a transformerless output design keeps electromagnetic interference from ruining your sound. And once you have everything hooked up, the 104's low impedance of 50 Ohms lets you drive your signal across ultra-long cable runs of up to 300-metres (1000ft). All without transmission losses.
- Neumann KMS 104, Nickel
- SG 105 stand clamp
- Padded nylon bag
- Bring the studio to the stage - rugged condenser mic for live performances
- Precision-manufactured condenser capsule with true Neumann sound quality
- Exceptional pop protection and low handling noise
- Capable of handling enormous sound pressure levels up to 150dB
- Tight cardioid polar pattern isolates your voice with outstanding results
- High feedback resistance - suitable for even the loudest of stages
- Smooth frequency response with an airy top-end for a more immediate and emotional sound
- Phenomenal intelligibility - cut through the mix with ease
- Fixed low-cut filter compensates for the proximity effect, ensuring clean and clear bass
- Hardened steel grille with an internal pop screen keeps moisture away from the capsule
- Thick-walled housing for maximum durability
- Transformerless output minimises electromagnetic interference
- Low output impedance of 50 Ohms - handles long cable runs of up to 300m without transmission loss
- High SPL capabilities and wide dynamic range make the mic perfect for instrumentation of all kinds
- Can also be used for home recording and broadcast applications
- Captures a dry sound with very little ambience - ideal for use in untreated rooms
- Acoustical Operating Principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 4.5mV/Pa +/-1dB equ. -47dBV (at 1kHz into 1 k Ohm)
- Rated Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Rated Load Impedance: 1 k Ohms
- Equivalent Noise Level:
- CCIR: 28dB
- A-Weighted: 18dB-A
- Maximum SPL: 150dB (for 0.5-percent THD)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: re. 94dB SPL
- CCIR: 66dB
- A-Weighted: 76dB
- Maximum Output Voltage: 12dBu
- Supply Voltage: 48V, +/-4V (P48, IEC 61938)
- Current Consumption: 3.5mA (P48, IEC 61938)
- Matching Connector: 3-pin XLR, female
- Diameter: 48mm
- Length: 180mm
- Weight: Approx. 300g
- Product Code: 008548