View Full Description
Analog / Digital Hybrid Synthesizer
Incorporating an innovative and powerful analog/digital crossover sound engine the JD-Xi combines the best features of both to deliver an extremely versatile and expressive synth in one stylish and robust unit. Producing the warm and authentic tone of a traditional analog synth combined with the clarity and adaptability of a modern digital synth the JD-Xi is perfect for a range of music genres and playing styles. Featuring saw, triangle and square waveforms with pulse modulation and analog filtering the JD-Xi offers a huge variety of tones and also includes a independent sub oscillator for optimized low response. Two digital synth sections offer 128-voice polyphony and a wide range of high-quality SuperNATURAL synth tones, including pads, strings, electric piano, sound effects, and many others.
Gooseneck Microphone for Vocal Effects
With a built in gooseneck microphone you can produce a variety of vocoder, autopitch and other vocal effects to add a unique flavour to your performance. Simply sing into the gooseneck microphone and use the keyboard to control the pitch and sounds created whilst the auto note function allows you to "sing" synth sounds without even interacting with the keyboard.
Loops and Pattern Sequencer
The built in pattern sequencer the JD-Xi offers four separate tracks of two digital synths, analog synths or drum patterns allowing full and intricate loop creation. Additionally the real-time and step recording modes provide unique programming whilst the TR-REC mode offers the traditional Roland TR-Series beatboxes. It's easy to play patterns and tweak sounds as you perform, and many preset patterns are built in for jamming right out of the box.
Professional Sounding Drum Kits
Loaded with a huge variety of professional captured and edited drum samples the JD-Xi can create premium quality rhythm patterns with full and realistic sounding drums. With both electronic and acoustic drum kits the JD-Xi has kits to suit everyone which are clearly labelled and selectable through the built in screen. Furthermore you can also customize and edit each drum kit to create hybrid kits by adjusting the filter, envelope, pitch and pan parameters on each individual drum sound.
Sound Modulation & Effects
The JD-Xi incorporates four powerful and individual effects sections which allow you add a range of effects to your sounds to create unique and professional tones. With effect 1 and 2 offering effects such as Bit Crusher, Slicer and Ring Mod the JD-Xi also features independent Delay and Reverb controls to create spacious ambient tones. Each effects section can be turned on/off separately for the three synth sections and drums, allowing you to shape your mix with many creative combinations.
Download Additional Sounds
Need some fresh inspiration, or maybe a sound for a particular style of music? Just visit the Axial sound library site, where you'll find a growing selection of free new sounds and patterns for the JD-Xi. Axial features sounds for many other Roland synths as well, all created by top engineers and leading electronic music artists.
JD-Xi Red and White Collection Sounds
To mark the launch of the JD-Xi synth in limited-edition red or white, Roland is proud to introduce two new JD-Xi sound collections; the Red Collection and the White Collection. The Red Collection is more energetic and aggressive, developed for tempos above 120bpm, while the White Collection is for more relaxed productions under 120bpm. Both collections contain eight new programs suitable for a variety of electronic music styles, each one making the most of the JD-Xi's 4-part analog/digital crossover sound engine and powerful DSP section for a truly inspiring musical experience.
Free Expansion Sounds: To receive your free JD-Xi Red and White Collection sounds simply download from the Roland Axial website.
- Interactive crossover synthesizer with analog and digital sound engines
- Analog synth section provides authentic lead and bass tones
- Two digital synth sections with SuperNATURAL synth tones and 128-voice total polyphony
- Four-track pattern sequencer and high-quality rhythm sounds
- Included gooseneck mic for use with built-in Vocoder and AutoPitch
- Process sounds with four simultaneous effects (Effect 1/2, Delay, Reverb)
- USB for audio/MIDI communication with computer music software
- Includes a large selection of ready-to-play sounds and patterns
- Additional sounds and patterns available for download at Roland's Axial sound library site
- Keyboard: 37 mini keys (with velocity)
- Maximum Polyphony: 129 voices (Digital Synth/Drum Kit: 128, Analog Synth: 1)
- Parts: 4 Parts (Digital Synth Part: 2, Drums Part: 1, Analog Synth Part: 1)
- Digital Synth Tone (SuperNATURAL Synth)
- Analog Synth Tone
- PCM Drum Kit (For an analog synth tone, the oscillator, sub-oscillator, and filter sections consist of analog circuits.)
- Effect1: (Distortion, Fuzz, Compressor, Bit Crusher)
- Effect2: (Flanger, Phaser, Ring Mod, Slicer)
- Delay: 2 types
- Reverb: 6 types
- Pattern Sequencer: Tracks: 4
- Vocal Function: Vocoder, Auto Pitch, Auto Note
- Other: Favourite, Arpeggio
- Controllers: Pitch Bend/Modulation Wheel
- Display: 16 characters 2 line LCD
- Headphones Jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- Output Jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4-inch phone type
- Input Jack (LINE(MONO) / Guitar Input): 1/4-inch phone type
- MIDI Connectors (IN, OUT)
- USB COMPUTER Port (USB Hi-Speed AUDIO/MIDI) - Use a USB cable and a computer with a USB port that support Hi-Speed USB.
- DC IN Jack
- MIC Input Jack: XLR type, unbalanced
- Power Supply: AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 1,000 mA
- Includes: Owner's Manual, AC Adaptor, Microphone
- Height: 3.375"
- Width: 22.6875"
- Depth: 9.6875"
- Weight: 2.2 Kg