Korg microKORG XL + Synthesizer/Vocoder
Korg microKORG XL + Synthesizer/VocoderDetails
The microKORG XL just got bigger! In the next evolutionary step, the microKorg XL+ delivers a fresh update to the sounds and design of the microKorg XL. Its fat, powerful sounds, unmistakably unique exterior and keyboard staples make the microKORG XL+ the ideal compact keyboard.
Product Ref: 29470View Full Description
Buy on finance from £12.10 per month Finance from £12.10 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £50 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36, 24 or 12 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £50:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|48 months||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £1.41Final Payment: £1.41No settlement fee||£67.68|
|36 months||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £1.78Final Payment: £1.78No settlement fee||£64.08|
|24 months||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £2.57Final Payment: £2.57No settlement fee||£61.68|
|12 months||18.9%||No Deposit||12 months: £4.69Final Payment: £4.69No settlement fee||£56.28|
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £50 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Klarna Finance on the payment page, then click the orange PLACE ORDER USING FINANCE button. This will start your application with Klarna Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases Klarna may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
More Vintage Sounds than the microKORG
The lush analog modeled synth sounds that were characteristic of the microKORG can still be found on the microKORG XL+ but in addition the microKORG XL+ comes equipped with the piano sound from Korg's classic stage piano as well as the hard-edged grand electric piano making this keyboard perfect for band use. You'll also find sounds from the M1 and VOX organ, vintage tape-type string and flute machines as well as other selected sounds from keyboard history. All together the microKORG XL+ boasts 128 sounds, all of which are genuinely usable, meaning the microKORG XL+ will serve well as your main or secondary keyboard.
"New Vintage" Korg Design
The microKORG XL+ projects a style reminiscent of those well-loved vintage electric pianos. The design achieves that style which is both futuristic and retro. Small quality touches mean that when you play the microKORG XL+ you'll feel the difference. Metal levers, dials that move with audible clicks and sturdy operating knobs all enhance the feeling of quality.
The new natural touch mini keyboard offers an improved playing feel than previous models. The proportion of the keys has been adjusted to allow for easier chord playing and the touch has been refined for greater ease when playing rapid phrases. The sophisticated waterfall-type keys are especially helpful when playing a glissando.
Improved XL+ Genre Selector
The microKORG XL featured a sound selector that allowed you to choose your sounds using two large dials named "music genre" and "instrument category". The new microKORG XL+ keeps these dials but offers an additional selection of genres to fit today's modern, fast paced music scene. With more options you'll be able to find the program to match your song more easily than ever. The dials can also be used to make program changes during a song or to select vocoder variations.
MMT - Korg's Analog Technology
The microKORG XL+'s sound engine uses MMT (Multiple Modeling Technology) which provides two oscillators that generate hugely, powerful sounds. This lets you use techniques that cannot be imitated on typical PCM synths such as cross modulation, unison and VPM. Adding in modulation with oscillator 2 allows the creation of complex and powerful sounds.
The microKORG XL+ boasts 17 powerful effect types including delay, echo, ring modulator and grain shifter. Effects such as delay can also be synchronised to MIDI clock creating a wide range of possibilities in live performances.
Powerful Vocoder with Included Gooseneck Microphone
The micoKORG XL+ functions as a powerful vocoder that can provide hours of fun! Connect a mic and use its audio input to shape the tone of the oscillator's sound creating "talking" effects. The 16 band filter bank simulates vocoder sounds of the past and gives a wealth of experimental options. Using the vocoder sounds found in today's electronic music can be easily replicated. The gooseneck microphone is included with the keyboard so you can start experimenting straight away.
MICRO Portability and USB Connectivity
When using the microKORG XL+ you can either take advantage of the included AC adaptor or run it on six AA alkaline batteries. At a mere 22inches long and 4.4lbs. in weight the keyboard is highly portable for performances on the go.
Connecting the microKORG XL+ to your computer through USB allows you to use the sound editor software and edit all the parameters easily from your computer. You can download preset program data from the microKORG and the MS2000/MS200B free of charge to gain access to even more programs.
- Tone Generator System: MMT (Multiple Modeling Technology)
- Multi Timbral: Maximum 2 (when using Layer, Split, or Multi)
- Voice polyphony: Maximum 8 voices (when using Vocoder, it is 4 voices)
- Structure: [Synth] 2 oscillators + noise generator
- Waveform: 8 types (Sawtooth, Pulse, Triangle, Sine, Formant, Noise, DWGS, Audio In),
- Modulation: Waveform, Cross, Unison, VPM
- Waveform: 4 types (Sawtooth, Pulse, Triangle, Sine)
- Modulation: Ring, Sync, Ring+Sync
- Type: Drive, Decimator, HardClip, OctSaw, MultiTri, MultiSin, SubOSCSaw, SubOSCSqu, SubOSCTri, SubOSCSin, LevelBoost,
- Filter 1: -24 dB/oct LPF ~ -12 dB/oct LPF ~ -12 dB/oct BPF ~ -12 dB/oct HPF ~ Thru
- Filter 2: LPF, HPF, BPF (swichable)
- Vocoder: 16 channel vocoder, adjustable level and pan for each channel, Formant Shift function, Formant Hold function
- Timbre: 2 band EQ
- Master effect: 2 units, 17 effect algorisms
- [AUDIO INPUT 1] (1/4" phone jack, unbalanced, with MIC/LINE switch) - Rear Panel
- [AUDIO INPUT 1 (MIC)] (XLR jack / balanced) - Front Panel
- [L/MONO, R] (1/4" Standard phone jacks / unbalanced)
- [Phone] (1/4" Stereo Standard phone jacks)
- Soft Case: SC-micro MSG
- Mobile Monitor Amplifier: MMA-130(It provides a DC9V output jack that can provide power to one of a number of Korg instruments like microKORG XL+)
microKORG XL Sound Editor Operating requirements
- Windows OS:
- A computer that satisfies the operating requirements of Microsoft Windows XP/Vista and is equipped with a USB port
- Microsoft Windows XP (SP3 or later), Windows Vista (SP1 or later)
- Mac OS:
- An Apple Macintosh computer that satisfies the operating requirements of Mac OS X and is equipped with a USB port and an Intel or Power PC processor
- Mac OS X version 10.4 or later
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.