View Full Description
Unique Sample Based Groovebox
The Elektron Model:Samples features a premium-grade sound engine which utilises the wide range of integrated digital samples. Unleash your creativity with this six-track sample based groovebox. From studio to stage, the groovebox features onboard controls to put you in the driving seat when it comes to creating rhythms, patterns and loops.
Interact with your sounds in multiple ways by using the velocity-sensitive pads or the built-in sequencer. The 16-step sequencer allows you to create rhythms and patterns on the fly, incorporate everything from drum loops to experimental percussion and even melodic sounds.
It features 1GB of internal storage which you can use to incorporate your own samples or Splice sample packs. It also provides you with up to 64MB of sample memory
300 Preset Sounds Supplied by Splice
The Model:Samples Sample Player boasts a high-end sound engine, jam-packed with premium-grade digital samples. The samples themselves are supplied by Splice, incorporating genre-defying and hard-hitting drum samples. The samples are comprised of everything from kicks, snares, hi-hats and cutting-edge percussive sounds.
With 300 preset sounds you can capture your inspiration when it strikes. The versatile design means you are not confined to the built-in samples, you can easily personalise any sample. Tweak, warp and mangle sounds using the integrated filters and controls to create entirely new timbres.
Not only that, but you can also incorporate your own samples for a never-ending sound palette. From here you can create rhythms and patterns in multiple ways. Record your changes live, or for a more elaborate sound you input your sounds step-by-step.
Tone Shaping and Filtering
The Model:Samples Sample Player includes a wide variety of tonal shaping controls in the form of dedicated rotary knobs. There are dedicated controls for a wide range of functions including Pitch, Decay, Sample Start, Cutoff, Resonance, LFO Speed, Swing, Reverb Send, Sample Length and more.
It even includes high-quality effects in the form of Reverb and Delay. Make subtle tonal changes or add atmospheric effects to change the shape and sound of your samples. You can even utilise the Chromatic Mode to create basslines and melodies. A unique Chance parameter allows you to generate chaotic madness by determining the possibility whether the sequencer steps are triggered or not.
Lightweight, Compact and Portable
The compact and lightweight design makes the Model:Samples one of the most portable grooveboxes available. The plug and play design features class compliant USB audio 2.0, allowing you to get setup within seconds. Its compact size will easily fit within a backpack making transporting your groovebox a breeze.
It also boasts a range of connectivity for use with external devices including ¼-inch headphone outputs and left/right ¼-inch TRS connections for use with headphones and studio monitors. Also included is MIDI I/O connectivity, so you can use it in conjunction with synths and other MIDI-based gear. Additionally, the unit comes complete with a micro USB cable and a MIDI adapter to get you started straight out of the box.
Included In The Box
- Power Supply PSU-4
- Micro USB Cable USB-2
- MIDI adapter (5-pin to 3.5mm TRS minijack)
- Control All lets you twist your sounds to oblivion. Then use Reload to take you back to where you started
- Use Parameter locks to automate parameters. Each step can have a totally different sound
- Load six samples at once – just like a kit. Great when you have made a Pattern with Parameter locks, LFOs etc… Load six new samples to instantly experiment and come up with unique and unexpected results
- Write basslines and melodies using Chromatic mode
- New Chance parameter. Chance determines the possibility whether the sequencer steps on a track are triggered or not. Combining Chance with the Control All functionality can lead to many interesting results and happy accidents
- Record sequences with or without quantization. Steps can be micro-timed with individual Swing control per track
- Individual Step Length per track
- Individual Tempo Multiplier per track
- Class compliant USB audio 2.0
- 6 Audio tracks (all of which may be used as MIDI tracks as well)
- 6 x Velocity sensitive pads
- 96 Projects
- 96 Patterns per Project
- 1 x Sample playback engine per track
- 1 x Resonant multimode filter per track
- 1 x Assignable LFO per track
- Delay and reverb send FX
- Elektron sequencer up to 64 steps with unique length and scale settings per track
- Real-time or grid recording of notes and parameters
- 64 MB sample memory
- 1 GB storage
- Class compliant USB audio 2.0
- 1 x 1/4'' Headphones output
- 2 x 1/4'' Balanced main outputs
- 1 x High speed (micro) USB 2.0 port
- 1 x 3.5 mm standard audio minijack (TRS) for MIDI In
- 1 x 3.5 mm standard audio minijack (TRS) for MIDI Out/Thru
- 2 x slots for attaching Powerhandle BP-1 (battery pack to be released at a later date)