Zoom F4 MultiTrack Field Recorder with Protective Case
Zoom F4 MultiTrack Field Recorder with Protective CaseDetails
The Zoom F4 Professional Field Recorder is the perfect solution for taking your sound to a whole new level, thanks to the 6-input/8-track recording and super-low noise microphone preamps. Equipped with a 1.9'' LCD display, the Zoom F4 is suitable for all lighting environments - from low light to direct sunlight. The Zoom F4 Field Recorder supports playback and recording at resolutions up to 24-bit/192kHz, along with TCXO time code and Zoom's interchangeable microphone capsules. The Zoom F4 comes complete with the official Zoom F4 Protective Case for protecting your field recorder while on the move and not in use.
Product Ref: 80533View Full Description
Buy on finance from £14.69 per month Finance from £14.69 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
Zoom F4 Professional Field Recorder
Super-Low Noise Preamps
The Zoom F4 features exceptional microphone preamps which enable pristine recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/192kHz. The impressive audio specs also include an extremely low noise floor (-127dBu EIN) and high gain (up to 75dB), with +4dB line-level inputs.
TCXO Time Code
For precise audio/video syncing, the F4 Field Recorder utilises a Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator (TCXO) that produces time code at 0.2ppm accuracy - a first for this price point. The Zoom F4 also supports all standard drop frame and non-drop formats, while also being able to jam sync to time code provided by external devices. Additionally the BNC connectors allow you to seamlessly integrate the F4 into any setup.
Onboard Advanced Limiters
The onboard limiters provide overload protection which allows you to capture audio in a wide range of dynamic sound environments. Limiting can also be applied to all four channels simultaneously at full resolution, with 10dB of headroom and controls for setting the threshold, attack and release.
Interchangeable Microphone Capsules
The F4 Professional Field Recorder features Zoom's proprietary capsule input which allows you to connect any of the available Zoom mic capsules - such as the SGH-6 Shotgun or the XYH-6 Stereo X/Y Capsule. The optional ECM extension cable also allows you to remotely position all external capsules.
Flexible Inputs and Outputs
The four discrete inputs are equipped with locking Neutrik XLR/TRS combo connectors, along with a dedicated preamp, gain control knob, phantom power and a six-segment LED level meter. The F4 also features a variable-frequency slate tone generator which confirms the levels.
In addition to the 1/4'' headphone jack with dedicated volume control, the Zoom F4 provides you with four other output connections. Two Main Outs - on balanced XLR jacks - let you connect to external mixers and processing devices. Two Sub Outs - on a single unbalanced 1/8'' stereo mini-jack - ensure easy connection to a camera. Additionally the front panel output button allows easy access to output levels and signal routing.
Onboard Mixer and Effects
The integrated onboard mixer enables flexible signal routing from all inputs to all outputs - pre or post-fader - with user-adjustable level, pan and input/output delay. The built-in limiters can be applied to all channels and tracks simultaneously, while the built-in high-pass filtering reduces the sound of wind and other background noises.
Zoom F4 Soft Case
Durable And Lightweight
If you record with a ZOOM F4 or F8 and need an effortless way to carry it with your other gear, then the PCF-4 Protective Case is an essential for you to have in the field. Durable and lightweight, this water-resistant protective case is suitable for any indoor or outdoor environment. It offers top, side, and bottom access to the unit as well as a clear-windowed top cover so you can monitor the recorder’s screen in all production conditions.
The PCF-4 case includes two separate compartments—one for your field recorder and another for small accessories. Protective sleeves with velcro fasteners on each side make it easy to access the unit's input and output cables while also protecting them from rain, dust, and other elements. And to ensure the recorder sits properly within the case, the PCF-4 includes velcro straps that fasten around the bottom of the unit.
Zoom F4 Professional Field Recorder
- 6-input/8-track multitrack field recorder with integrated mixer
- 6 discrete inputs, including with 4 locking Neutrik XLR/TRS combo connectors, a stereo 3.5mm input, and Zoom mic capsule input
- Input 5/6 can be used as a camera return for monitoring only
- Compact and lightweight metal chassis, weighing just 2 pounds (without batteries)
- High-quality mic preamps with up to 75 dB gain, less than -127 dBu EIN, and +4 dB line inputs
- Support for up to 24-bit/192 kHz recording as well as 96 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 48 kHz, and 44.1 kHz, plus 47.952 kHz/48.048 kHz for HD video compatibility; 16/24-bit resolution
- Accurate time code (0.2 ppm) I/O on standard BNC connectors; drop frame/non-drop formats with Jam Sync
- Three different power supply options: 8x AA batteries, external DC battery pack with 4-pin HIROSE connector, and Zoom AD-19 12V AC Adapter with DHC-1 DC-HIROSE cable (included)
- Dedicated gain control knob, 6-segment LED level meter, and PFL/Solo switch for each channel
- Phantom power (+48V/+24V) on every preamp
- High pass filter, phase invert, and Mid-Side decoder
- Advanced onboard limiters for input and output
- Input delay of up to 30 msec per channel / output delay of up to 10 frames per output
- Compatible with all Zoom mic capsules; optional ECM extender cable enables remote positioning (not included)
- Dedicated headphone output (100 mW) with front panel volume control
- Dual XLR balanced Main Outs plus 1/8" stereo mini-jack Sub Out
- Front panel OPTION button gives quick access to important shortcuts
Zoom F4 Soft Case
- Designed to accommodate the F8 and F4 field recorders
- Side openings with drawstring for XLR/TRS cable input and protection
- Detachable, water-resistant cover with clear window for visual monitoring, plus inlay opening for personal notes
- Adjustable strap and shoulder pad combined with three latchhooks per side for a custom carry position
- Velcro inner divider which is removable to open up space or use as a table surface for F4 and F8 units
- Front and side pockets for extra storage
- Removable bottom panel to access rear of F4 and F8 units (BNC Time Code connectors, removable AA battery pack, and ZOOM mic capsule input)
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.