View Full Description
The cross-fusion synthesizer
Blue 1 was one of the first cross-fusion synthesizers, combining multiple synthesis techniques together in one solution. Blue 3.0 expands on previous designs, offering the same cross-fusion synthesis design to deliver a unique synth tone unlike anything else available. Blue 3.0 is a 16-voice synthesizer that's made up of FM synthesis, wave and phase distortion, virtual analog emulation, spectrum waveforms, Karplus String modelling and samples all in one package. At the core of Blue 3.0 is a six-oscillator engine, allowing you to create a layered sound with complex synth techniques. Each oscillator features FM synth controls and a variety of routing combinations for unique tonal qualities and modulation capabilities.
The addition of sample-based synthesis in Rob Papen Blue 3.0 allows for unique morphing characteristics, similar to other Rob Papen synths including Vecto. Up to six user samples per preset can be loaded with granular capabilities on a select range of samples, making it ideal for expansive, modern sound design with unique textures and character. Taking the sample-based synthesis further, Rob Papen Blue 3.0 features layering options for the six user samples, including split points and velocity split points to take control over your sound design in several ways.
Sound design made easy
Creating a sonic signature with Rob Papen 3.0 is made easy with the range of onboard tonal manipulation controls. Powerful features such as an XY pad let you morph between oscillators 1 - 4 in Vector style, letting you create a sound unlike anything else! The XY pad features a record option with tempo sync, letting you add automated movement to your sound design patches for evolving and ever-changing tones and timbres.
Perfect for contemporary cinematic soundtracks, Blue 3.0 features a range of onboard modulation possibilities to take static sounds and add excitement and unpredictability to them. Four multi-envelopes with 15 sections and tempo-based and loop features pair with 18 LFOs. 14 LFOs are pre-wired to default destinations and four are freely routable to any destination or source, enabling you to experiment with interesting interactions between LFO and oscillator, filter or even FX. All modulation is controllable inside Blue 3.0's modulation matrix, giving you complete control over the signal routing to fine-tune your sound.
Perfect for adding the final touches, or for taking your sound to new directions, Rob Papen Blue 3.0 includes an exhaustive collection of FX. Four FX slots with varying routing options can host any of the 34 studio-grade FX types and with two modulation slots per FX, there's an almost infinite number of ways to manipulate your sound.
The complete synthesizer experience
No synthesizer would be complete without filters and an arpeggiator. Blue 3.0 presents a comprehensive range of filters to sculpt and shape your sound. Two active filters can be routed in both series or parallel and can be selected from anything from traditional high-pass filters to notch filters, comb filters, vocal filters and formant filters. Ranging from 6 - 36dB/Oct, there's a huge range of filtering to unlock to gently shape your sound or for much more aggressive, analog-inspired resonance.
Not only does Blue 3.0 provide a full 32-step arpeggiator, but it also includes a 32-step sequencer. Both can help to add movement and dynamism to your static synth sounds, creating a rhythmic pulse that moves with your music. Within both the arpeggiator and sequencer, you can manipulate the waveform per step.
Dive into a world of production-ready tones
Designed by Rob Papen himself and a range of professional sound designers, Blue 3.0 comes included with over 5000 presets in a variety of musical styles to help you get started. Organised in the newly designed Bank Manager, you can quickly identify a sound that will fit your project easily. The Bank Manager allows you to store and recall any customised sounds that you have designed to use in future sessions, and with search, find and list ordering functions, you'll be able to find the perfect sound in no time, keeping you within the creative groove!
- Redesigned interface offers intuitive usability for sound designers of all abilities
- 16-voice cross-fusion synthesizer encompassing a huge range of different techniques
- Includes FM synthesis, wave and phase distortion, virtual analog emulation, spectrum waveform shaping, Karplus String modelling and sampling
- Dive into a world of sounds with over 5000 expertly-made presets
- Store and recall your custom and favourite presets using the newly-designed Bank Manager
- Scalable GUI in four sizes from 100 - 200%
- Fully animated interface
- Six independently routable oscillators make up the synth core with algorithm control for FM synthesis
- Granular processing available on a select range of samples
- Load up to six user samples per preset, each with velocity and keyboard split
- Two freely routable filters in both serial and parallel modes with 23 modes to choose from
- Classic filters from 6 - 36dB/oct high and low pass filters along with multiple notch filter types, comb filters, vocal and formant filter types
- Assignable ADSR envelope amp to each oscillator
- XY pad offers exciting morphing possibilities with Vector mode for controlling oscillators 1-4
- Tremendous modulation range with four multi-envelopes with up to 15 sections and tempo-based loop features
- 14 default LFOs and four free LFOs let you add movement to virtually any source in your sound
- Add sequenced movement to your sound with the modulation sequencer
- Freely route and manage your modulation routing with an advanced modulation matrix
- Huge range of play modes including a built-in 32-step arpeggiator and 32-step sequencer
- Selectable waveform per step of arpeggiator and sequencer
- MPE Poly mode, 16-voice polyphonic mode, Legato, Portamento and Unison playing modes
- Add dimension and space with four onboard routable FX slots, each hosting 34 FX types
- Add movement to your FX with two modulation slots per FX
- Global tuning and scale options
- Operating system:
- Mac: OS-10.13 or higher
- Windows: Windows 7 or higher
- Mac: 64 bits AU, VST3, VST, and AAX
- Windows: VST3, 32 & 64 bits VST and 64 bits AAX (Note: PC AAX for PT 12 or higher)
- Resolution: 1440 x 900
- Activation: Internet connection required
- Processor: M1 ARM processor compatible
- Compatible with: Soon compatible with the NI NKS system (early 2023)
- Product code: 1267-70