Mackie XR824 Active Studio Monitor
Mackie XR824 Active Studio MonitorDetails
Product Ref: 81438View Full Description
Buy on finance from £12.94 per month Finance from £12.94 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Reference Quality Audio Performance
The Mackie XR824 Active Studio Monitor is an 8’’ reference-grade studio monitor featuring a 1’’ black snoozed aluminium tweeter for improved harmonics in the upper range and a 8’’ Kevlar woofer for fast transient recovery, producing an accurate and extended low frequency response. The XR824 utilises a logarithmic waveguide that delivers acoustic alignment for a flatter and balanced sound across all frequency bands. The XR logarithmic waveguide works by matching the high-frequency dispersion pattern of the woofer, resulting in a seamless midrange transition for the perfect balance. The 160W bi-amplified Class-D Amplification spreads the amplification for both high and low frequency bands with 100W dedicated to the low frequency drivers and 60W for the high frequency drivers.
ELP Bass Reflex System
Mackie have introduced a unique way to boost the low frequency response by developing and integrating the ELP Bass Reflex System. The ELP Bass Reflex System builds on the design of traditional bass ports, opting for an internally curved design with a zero-turbulence, elliptical exit on the rear of the monitors for an extended low frequency response. This unique design allows you to hear the depth in your bass response, while eliminating the air noise that you may incur with typical bass reflex ports.
Design & Construction
The Mackie XR824s include a specially designed internal bracing that added stiffness to the monitors for reduced distortion and enhanced clarity. You can also optimise your monitors for your mixing environment, enabling the best sound for your space. The adaptable controls include: Acoustic Space – allows you to change your overall response to match most configurations, HF Filter – helps match the monitosrs to your room and LF Filter – rolls off the bottom-end to simulate smaller desktop speakers (ideal for checking how your mixdowns will sound on different systems). The monitors themselves feature a black wood grain finish for the classic studio feel and comes complete with custom acoustic isolation pad to reduce unwanted resonance and improve the overall bass response.
- 8’’ professional studio monitor
- ELP™ Bass Reflex System engineered for zero turbulence, providing greatly increased output capability and extended low-frequency response
- 1” black anodised aluminium tweeter reveals the finest details and upper harmonics of your mix.
- 8” Kevlar® woofer offers fast transient recovery for incredibly accurate low frequency response
- Specially designed internal bracing adds stiffness for reduced distortion and enhanced clarity
- 160W bi-amplified Class-D amplification (100LF/60HF)
- Optimisation controls features on the rear
- Frequency Response: 36Hz – 22kHz (-3dB)
- Sound Pressure Level: 109dB SPL (@ 1 Meter, +4dBu into Balanced Input)
- Maximum SPL Per Pair: 115 dB SPL @ 1m
- Low Frequency: 8'' / 165 mm Kevlar Woofer
- High Frequency: 1'' / 25mm Black Anodised Aluminium Tweeter
- Low Frequency Power: 100 Watts
- High Frequency Power: 60 Watts
- Type: Class D Power Amplifier
- Crossover Type: Linkwitz-Riley, 24 dB/Octave
- Crossover Frequency: 2.2kHz
- Low Frequency EQ:
- -3dB @ 36 Hz
- -3dB @ 80 Hz
- High Frequency EQ: ± 2 dB @ 10 kHz, Shelving
- Acoustic Space Filter:
- Whole: Flat
- Half: -2 dB @ 100 Hz
- Quarter: -4 dB @ 100 Hz
- Input Impedance: 20kΩ Balanced Bridging / 10kΩ Unbalanced
- Input Type: Balanced Differential (XLR and 1/4’’ TRS)
- Input Protection: RFI and Level Protected
- Maximum Input Level: +20 dBu
- Enclosure: All-Wood MDF Construction and Internal Cabinet Bracing
- Damping: Open Cell Adiabatic Foam Fill Acoustic Batting
- Finish: Black Wood Grain Vinyl and Black Paint
- Dimensions: 427mm x 264mm x 351mm (HxWxD)
- Weight: 15.6kg
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.