View Full Description
Your new virtual percussionist
A highly detailed and tricky sound to master, brushed percussion requires much more nuance and humanisation than is typically possible with static drum sample libraries. Of course, samples can perform beats and can be looped but very rare is the case that the human drummer will perform the same thing the same way, every time. Fluid and dynamic movements and slight alterations in performance will give your sound life and so Borsta was born. A new audio engine that allows you to tweak parameters while playing to deliver a dynamic response with realistic sounds and movements whilst letting fine-tune the nitty gritty rhythmic elements in detail.
Powered by over 7000 samples that lay the foundations for the 18 different instruments, each sound is made up of over 400 layered samples. A wide range of unique sounds are onboard to give you a plethora of timbres to choose from including snare drums, buckets, frame drums, cymbal chains, cajons and even a pizza box. Combined with powerful one-shots, flexible sequencing and an array of performance parameters including randomization, and velocity curve, Borsta is the most flexible percussion instrument available.
Offering a tremendous range of humanisation and control, two sequencers are employed simultaneously. Each sequencer offers control over a different aspect of your sound, Borsta utilises an Envelope and Event sequencer. The Envelope sequencer is used to determine the brush speed on the instrument, whilst the Event sequencer lets you customise when and how the stroke is performed. One-shot samples can be loaded into your Event sequencer to enhance your sound, adding a layer of consistency.
The sequencers are found within the main grid of Borsta, allowing you to create a customised groove for your project. For added control, realism and dynamism, Borsta employs several performance parameters including Shuffle and Randomisation functions. Shuffle helps to add the natural ebb and flow that a real drummer adds to their performance, whilst randomised velocity and timing parameters adds the humanistic dynamics.
A passion for design
Since 2014, Klevgrand has been developing plug-ins to meet the needs of modern producers, musicians and engineers. A dedicated team of software developers, sound designers, musicians and producers has been assembled to provide affordable, high-quality and intuitive instruments to help you achieve your sonic goal, regardless of your experience and ability.
- Sampled-based virtual drum and percussion instrument
- Brand new audio engine to deliver authentic, realistic and dynamic drum brush strokes
- Go beyond what's possible with traditional drum sample libraries
- Comprehensive sequencer provides control over the intensity and speed of each hit
- Advanced drum choke capabilities provide a full range of performance techniques
- Select between 18 different instruments built from over 400 high-quality samples
- Includes everything from snare drums, buckets, frame drums, cymbal chains, cajons and even a pizza box!
- Each instrument is powered by deep velocity control and multiple round-robin variation samples per layer
- MIDI-mapped instruments allows you to switch between drums using the same pattern and the intelligent playback system will adapt to deliver accurate and realistic performances
- Adjust the brush speed of the instrument surface using the Envelope Sequencer
- Set when and how to stroke the instrument using the Event Sequencer
- Add natural ebb and flow with Shuffle control
- Randomise your groove for unexpected and unpredictable patterns with velocity and time randomisation
- Huge range of 60 factory presets and 230 pre-made sequences offers a smorgasbord of different tones and styles
- Powerful performance editing tools provide seamless and streamlined workflow
- Detailed mixer offers volume and velocity curve control for each different sound along with Master control
- Onboard algorithmic reverb with six unique spaces adds depth and sustain to your drum sound
- Nine unique room emulations add density to your drums
- Global pitch control allows you to pitch drums to your project for a more cohesive sound
- Enhance or subtract the resonant tones of your drums using Harmonics control
- Global three-band EQ with bass, middle and treble controls
- Operating system:
- Mac: 10.10+
- Windows: Windows 7+
- iOS: iPad Air 2 or Better - iOS 13+
- Mac: 64-bit AU, VST3, AAX
- Windows: 64-bit VST3, AAX
- iOS: AUv3
- Product code: 1390-1038