View Full Description
Innovative and functional mixer
What sets Spaced Out apart from other reverb plugins is the intuitive mixer section that lets you morph and shape your sound like no other mixer. Continuously pushing the boundaries of how plugins should function, Baby Audio has made use of an XY-style joystick that lets you seamlessly blend between Wet and Dry as well as both the Space and Echos engine.
The starting point for every session, the mixer panel features an innovative 'Generate' function. By pressing the dice button, you will be able to instantly unlock random configurations that have been pre-tuned by Baby Audio to create musical and functional sounds that can get you up and running in an instant. You may not ever need to adjust the randomised settings and instead can focus more on your arrangement and composition than the effects and sound of your project.
The Mixer section is where you will find the extremely handy function of sidechaining, appropriately named the Ducker. With this, you can trigger the wet signal of Spaced Out based on another signal's input. This can be synced to the tempo of your host or DAW to ensure that you will always remain on time and locked in the groove. For producers working on EDM or dancehall music, this is the perfect way to achieve the pumping sound of commercial releases with a huge expansion of wet effects after each hit for that classic, euphoric sound.
What would a mixer be without the ability to blend effects to balance your sound. This is introduced with the simple but powerful 'Lift-Off' button, whereby Spaced Out will add several effects simultaneously under the hood to glue your sound together. This comes in the form of simple compression, EQ and even more fascinating effects such as mid/side processing. For avid sound designers creating expansive and otherworldly presets for contemporary cinema, the Lift-Off function lets you keep your levels in check and create a harmonious and 'glued' together sound, no matter how extreme your settings!
Take your sound to outer space
One of two engines within Spaced Out, the Space engine is a hybrid reverb/modulation effect that can transform just about any sound source to a euphoric and timeless sound. Designed from the ground up, the Space engine sounds modern and 'crystalline' through the intelligent algorithm used to manipulate your audio. With four unique modulation effects including Lush, Trippy, Alien and Cosmic, you have a huge range of character options for your modulation to fit any style of mix or genre. Similar to the Mixer engine, the Space Engine gives you an XY-style joystick that can edit up to three parameters at once, including the Modulation Effect type, Modulation Effect Intensity and the Reverb length, making it ideal for on the fly editing for live performers.
Four distinctive reverb programs let you change the size and character of your reverb tail to fit any style of mix or instrument, including Vacuum, Small Space, Medium Space and Outer Space. Take your sound from tight and defined to a cavernous wash of sound and everything in between. Each reverb program can be edited and customised to meet your needs by adjusting the width from wide-spanning stereo to narrow mono as well as adjusting the pre-delay from 0-250ms and low and high-pass filtering options.
With Spaced Out, you can even achieve the sound of traditional synthesizer pad reverbs with the inclusion of the Stardust feature. A small detail with a big impact, Stardust adds an angelic shimmer effect to your signal, adding subtle octave effects to your reverb decay, ideal for cinematic-style reverbs and long, expansive guitar decay.
Comprehensive Echo engine
All-encompassed in the one plugin, Spaced Out's last engine is the Echo engine. This features 16 individually-tapped delay trails, synced to your host's tempo. Much like the Space engine, the Echo engine features four modes to change the time signature of each repeat. Toggle between Straight, 2X (twice as fast as Straight), Dotted and Triplet modes. No more do you need a separate plugin to run a unique delay line after your reverb, let Spaced Out take care of it for you.
Not satisfied with giving you only one style of delay tone, Baby Audio has included four Textures within the delay trails of Spaced Out, letting you alter the character of your delay tone to fit with a specific mix project or genre. You can swap between Clean, Wonky Tape, Lofi and Hazy modes, all imprinting a sonic signature that will help you achieve the desired tone for your song.
Of course, your delays are entirely customisable to fit in with your mix by adjusting the high and low-pass filtering, feedback level and stereo width. Ideal for avid sound designers, there is no more comprehensive reverb plugin available!
"Hugely creative. 10/10" - Computer Music Magazine
"Easily my favourite plugin of 2020" - Everything Recording Magazine
"A modern space echo for the algorithmic age" - Gearnews
"The golden-age of plugins is happening right now" - Tape Op Magazine
- Made up from three distinctive sections, Echos, Space and Mixer
- Light mode/Dark mode GUI to fit your aesthetic
- Includes 125 factory presets to dive right into production
- XY-style joystick in mixer section lets you morph between Dry/Wet between both engines in one seamless motion
- Generate function lets you create random effect configurations with the press of the dice
- Sidechain your wet effects to another track in your project with the Ducker function
- Engage multiple effects together simultaneously including compression and EQ with the Lift-Off button
- Space engine blurs the line between reverb and modulation, offering four unique modulation effects: Lush, Trippy, Alien and Cosmic
- XY-style joystick in Space engine lets you set three parameters in one movement
- Four distinctive reverb programs include: Vacuum, Small Space, Medium Space and Outer Space
- Up to 250ms of pre-delay for reverb in the Space engine
- Add shimmer to your reverb with Stardust control
- Control the extreme lows and highs with Mellow control, a high-pass and low-pass filter
- Decrease the reverb intensity with 'Clean-Up' dial
- Set your reverb effect to either Stereo or Mono
- 16 individually tapped delays, synced to your host BPM
- Randomize your delay taps with the dice button
- Change the density of your tapped delay outputs with Intensity control
- Control the feedback amount of the delay lines
- Alter the stereo width of your echos with Dimension control
- Four unique textures for delay tone including Clean, Wonky Tape, Lofi and Hazy
- Four delay time signatures including Straight, 2X (twice as fast), Dotted and Triplet modes
- Filter extreme lows and highs with high-pass and low-pass filters
- One-touch reverse function
Product code: 1246-1641
- Plugin formats: VST, VST3, AU, AAX.
- Platforms supported: Mac OS 10.7 and up including Catalina / Big Sur. PC Windows 7 and up.