View Full Description
Yamaha's FIR-X DSP system creates unparalleled accuracy and clarity at driver crossover frequencies. By using linear phase Finite Infinite Response filters instead of standard minimum phase filters, phase smear distortion is a thing of the past. Instead of abrupt dips or boosts at crossover frequencies, FIR-X allows for a clear, clean transition without any loss thanks to high-quality converters.
Yamaha's new FIR-X system is just the beginning of the DSP features loaded into this floor monitor. The D-CONTOUR is a dynamic, adaptive multi-band compressor that works to provide a lively but clear sound to the performers on your stage. D-CONTOUR will check the levels of certain frequency bands and correct what it hears on the fly. With two built-in modes, FOH/MAIN, and MONITOR. FOH/MAIN is built primarily to boost low-frequencies to account for the loss of bass when flying or pole-mounting speakers. The MONITOR mode, however, is built specifically with the DHR12M in mind, attenuating low-frequency content so performers on-stage can hear themselves more clearly, or so engineers can check monitor mixes.
As if D-CONTOUR and FIR-X weren't enough, Yamaha has extended the DHR Series' DSP technology down to its component level too. Having carefully and extensively tested every power amplifier and transducer in the speaker's circuitry, Yamaha have found a way to push every component to its maximum operable output at all times. Using DSP, they have ensured that every component will work at its best, but never exceed its limits, providing reliable power wherever it goes.
Effiency in Amplification
High-efficiency Class-D amplifiers driving the Yamaha DHR Series ensure that there is unparalleled strength behind both drivers at all times. Providing a maximum SPL output of 129dB, your performers won't miss even the smallest details of their playing.
The DHR12M doesn't only include eye-watering power, and cutting-edge DSP, but it also contains a two-channel mixer for controlled use. Two channels mean two combo jacks, but Channel 2 also includes a pair of stereo RCA jacks, for stereo line-level input, and the ability to sum both channels, or bypass Channel 2 at the press of a button.
Coaxial Compression Driver
The compression driver is ubiquitous, but the DHR12M has a fresh approach. With a coaxial design, you not only get clear, airy high-end, but you get comfortable, warm mid-range reproduction too. And all with perfect time alignment and phase, so nothing is lost, and your highs have the punch they need to cut through the mix.
- 1.75-inch coaxial high-frequency compression driver for unparalleled detail in a monitor mix
- FIR-X DSP crossover for smooth frequency response throughout the whole spectrum
- D-CONTOUR dynamic multiband compression with two modes for optimal EQ
- High-efficiency Class-D amplifiers and DSP for consistently maximised output at all times without risking components breaking
- Onboard two-channel mixer for flexibility and compatibility with stereo line level sources
- Speaker Type: 2-way, Bi-amped Powered Speaker, Bass-reflex
- Frequency Response: 55 Hz - 20 kHz
- Coverage Area: H90° x V60°
- Crossover: 1.8 kHz: FIR-X tuning (linear phase FIR filter)
- Maximum Output Level:129 dB SPL
- LF Transducer Components:
- Diameter: 12" cone
- Voice Coil: 2.5"
- Magnet: Ferrite
- HF Transducer Components:
- Diaphragm: 1.75"
- Type: 1" throat coaxial compression driver
- Magnet: Ferrite
- Amplifier Class: Class-D
- Power Rating:
- Dynamic: 1000 W (LF: 800 W, HF: 200 W)*
- Continuous: 465 W (LF: 400 W, HF: 65 W)
- Cooling: Fan cooling, 4 speeds
- Power Consumption: 74 W (1/8power), 18 W (Idle)
- Power Requirements: 100 V, 100-120 V, 220-240 V, 110/127/220 V (Brazil), 50/60 Hz
- Bit-Depth: 24-bit
- Sample Rate: 48 kHz
- Processors: HPF: OFF, 100 Hz, 120 Hz, 24 dB/Oct.; D-CONTOUR: FOH/MAIN, MONITOR, OFF
- Input Connectors:
- 2 x Combo Jack
- 2 x RCA Pin (Unbalanced)
- Output Connectors:
- 1 x CLR3-32 (CH1 Parallel Through or CH1+CH2 Mix)
- Cabinet Material: Plywood
- Finish: Durable Polyurea Painting, Black
- Handles: Side x 1
- Pole Socket: Φ35 mm x 1 (Bottom)
- Floor Monitor Angle: 57°
- Width: 500 mm (19.7")
- Height: 343 mm (13.5") (with rubber feet)
- Depth: 454 mm (17.9")
- Weight: 16.5 kg (36.4 lbs)
*Total peak power of individual outputs (AC 120V, 25°C). This value was measured at minimum load impedance, with protection released.