View Full Description
The Mixer. Reimagined As An Instrument.
The Roland AIRA MX-1 offers a mixer-style interface providing you with smooth, solid faders which each 6 different volume curves. Each channel is fully equipped with an adjustable tone/filter knob with 10 types of filters, EQs for shaping your sound, and isolators. A mute button is also included. The straight lined layout ensures you have quick access of these parameters, and always know which control is for each track. The LED-lit faders and backlit buttons clearly show their status, ideal when you’re working in low-lighting conditions. The DJ-style headphone cue monitoring mix allows you to quickly listen to your sounds before mixing them into a track, making sure they are always dropped to the beat. The MX-1 offers separate headphone and master volume knobs with smooth and bright metering levels, so you can always keep a firm eye on them. The MX-1 is capable of mixing and control effects. Everything is fast and intuitive. It is designed to be played, offering you a simple layout with no menu diving for you to get confused by. Perform your best with the Roland AIRA Mix Performer.
Manipulate Your Sound
On offer are a range of integrated FX for creating a unique sound and defining your sound on-the-fly. The MX-1 integrates effects in exciting new ways. Not only do they sound great, but they are also designed for manipulation and rhythmic sensibility thanks to the MX-1’s tempo awareness and TR-style step interface. Each channel features 3 kinds of Beat FX that can be applied to each channel separately. These include Filter, Side Chain, and Slicer, allowing you to get creative with your performances. These FX can be applied using the TR-style step-sequencer buttons on the top, like the ones found on the famous Roland drum machines. Independently filter, duck, and slice each channel. In addition to the Beat FX, the Roland MX-1 also offers 6 kinds of Master FX. The large performance control knobs allow you easily adjust on-the-fly. The Master FX can also be step-sequenced in various combinations to create complex and interesting glitch movements. The Beat FX and Master FX can be applied to any of all inputs.
Hybrid Mixer & Control Surface
Other than being a performance instruments, the Roland MZX-1 works seamlessly as a control surface with your DAW, allowing you to get the most out of your productions. It offers 3 modes which are Mixer mode, External Mode, and Control Surface mode, allowing you to get full hands-on control of your DAW, or completely out-of-the-box production and performance. In Control Surface mode, the MX-1 can connect with your computer and act as a high-quality, flexible MIDI controller for your DAW. When in Mixer mode, the MX-1 allows you to mix all the connected sources, whether that be analog or digital inputs, AIRA gear, and your computer’s output. Additionally, the External mode lets the MX-1 act as an audio interface, sending all its inputs directly to your DAW. At the same time it can mix 18 channels back from your DAW, assigning them onto the MX-1’s faders. This allows you to utilise recording, clip triggering, effect, and mix functions of your DAW along with the MX-1’s cue monitoring, sync, and performance-optimised mixing and effects capabilities. The possibilities are endless.
Connections For All Your Sources
The Roland MX-1 offers a range of connections, including 6 analog inputs, 4 AIRA Link USB ports, digital I/O, and four 1/4’’ jacks. This lets you connect your guitars, basses, external synthesizers, smartphones, tablets and more. The 4 AIRA Link USB ports make connecting other AIRA gear a breeze. The MX-1 automatically detects and sync up other AIRA devices. The AIRA Link USB ports transmit audio, MIDI, and sync over a single USB cable, reducing cable clutter and allowing for a fast and simple setup.
- 18 channel performance mixer with step-sequenced FX, transport, and tempo control
- Three kinds of step-sequenced Beat FX (Filter, Side Chain, Slicer) with TR-style buttons
- Six kinds of Master FX (48 variations) with large performance control knob
- Beat FX and Master FX can be applied to any or all inputs; Beat FX are per channel
- Combi mode rhythmically alternates the Master FX using the step-sequencer
- Four AIRA Link USB ports support audio, MIDI, sync, and bus power (on Port 3) for AIRA gear
- Mix mode provides six analog, one digital (stereo), four AIRA (stereo) , and two PC channels through mixer and FX
- External mode provides 18 channels from DAW through mixer and FX (all inputs direct to DAW)
- Control Surface mode for full DAW control via MIDI
- DJ-style cue monitoring, quick mutes, and six fader curves per channel
- Per-channel Tone/Filter knob with ten kinds of EQs, filters, and isolators
- Transport and tempo control with fine, shuffle, and tap-tempo functions
- Instantly save and recall complete setups including all FX configurations